Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My hatred of tunnel mounted torque arms

This is a discussion on My hatred of tunnel mounted torque arms within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; After looking at those pics I'm so, so, so, glad Jerry talked me into the setup I got. I'm going ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

After looking at those pics I'm so, so, so, glad Jerry talked me into the setup I got. I'm going to send him a "thank you". If I had gotten that I might as well not moved the car. I would have hit every thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    After looking at those pics I'm so, so, so, glad Jerry talked me into the setup I got. I'm going to send him a "thank you". If I had gotten that I might as well not moved the car. I would have hit every thing.
    Glad to hear Jerry could help you out!

And yes you guys are correct, the tunnel mounted set up for long tubes does hang low. However we do have good reason for this. There are so many exhaust manufactures out there anymore it is impossible to make our torque arm work with them all. Customers are running expensive units like Kooks to eBay no-name pipes... this is very difficult for us to work around and make something clear them all. The less expensive the y-pipe the lower it hangs usually, now many y-pipes are coming with merge collectors that hang even lower and are wider. That torque arm as low as it hangs barely clears with the TSP y-pipe uncatted with merge collector. A lot of customers are running the TSP set up because it is universal and designed to work with many header set ups. So this item needs to be this low to work with most set ups. I run this on my car with a lowered front and stock height rear with minimal ground clearace issues.

Right now we are working on a design that is lower than our stock set up but higher than the long tube set up. It will work with most long tube y-pipe set ups but still won't clear with all those low hanging ones..

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

No worries. I got on EBay almost what I paid for the unit, then bought UMI's relocation tranny mount. I believe this is the way to go with street driven cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information