Thread: My first T/A!

Silver
    1998 Formula WS6 M6

My first T/A!

Hey everyone, been lurking the forums for a month or so... my internet is terribly slow because I'm in Afghanistan now. Setting up the photobucket account and uploading pics is a nightmare over here. Anyways, I bought my first T/A a month ago from e-bay. A silver M6 '98 WS6. I got what I believe to be a good deal. I just noticed the car has the smaller convertable style rear wing/bumper and what looks to be different style fog lights, but it has t-tops. I think it may be the fact it's a Canadian model according to carfax. Maybe it's not a real WS6 but my dad claims it is, either way it doesn't bother me it's still got an LS1. What do you guys think? Heres a link to the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...t_18749wt_1166
    I can't wait to get back home in the next month or two and drive the thing! I've been driving Toyota Land Cruisers for a long time now and haven't had an actual car besides an FJ since I was 19 so this should be quite a change of pace. I've got a pristine 1978 FJ40 thats my current DD and a couple beater FJ62s that aren't exactly built for speed and handle like a conestoga wagon lol but are alot of fun off the pavement and are built like tanks. So far I got an SLP lid, Tick clutch master kit, and a set of Heddman long tubes for it. The car came with a Flowmaster cat-back and K&N filter. I think it's got some kinda after market sway bars too. I want to keep it as a daily driver for when the weather is nice so I don't plan on doing anything too extreme, no more than bolt ons, a stereo, and then maybe a tune. I don't want to start the snowball affect associated with more power like 9" rear, SFCs, HD clutch, and everything else needed. Although I might change my mind after I drive it lol. My dad and younger brother both say it's clean and runs strong as is, with no problems so far except the stock clutch master making fast shifts impossible. They love it. It's nice having someone back home to purchase and modify for me when I'm gone and find a good deal, did the same thing with my truck last deployment lol. Now that you guys now my story heres some pics of the toys!

Well congrats on the buy, but what you have there good sir is a firebird formula not a t/a. It has the ramair hood and that is the formula spoiler & bumper.

Have your dad check the inside driver side car door and look at the rpo codes and have him look for the WS6 rpo code to make sure it is a true WS6. And if I can recall the RPO code WS9 is for the ram air hood.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Beautiful car, I want one just like that one later if I can find one.

Reason why it has different spoiler and different fogs and has no ground effects is because it actually is a Firebird Formula and not a Trans Am That one being a Formula WS.6 M6, I imagine is pretty rare and for that price even better!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

X3 on the Formula WS-6.

I'd do SFC's if nothing else for the simple matter that these cars are "Twist-o-Flex" by nature of their construction and will benefit from the added bracing.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 09-02-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

your car appears to be factory correct:

-formulas had the smaller v6/convertible spoiler.
    -the WS6 package availiable on formulas and only adds the ramair hood as far as looks are concerned.
    -t-tops were an option on formulas.
    -from what i can see from the fogs they look factory but i dont have a clear shot so..

sweet ride, i'm really jealous and would gladly trade my T/A for it.

blue
    2001 WS6

It does say formula on the side

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

SFC should be one of the first mods any fbody owner does! greatest mod for the car performance/driveability/extends life of doors t-tops and of the car in general! it will even lower your mortgage on your home!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    your car appears to be factory correct:

-formulas had the smaller v6/convertible spoiler.
    -the WS6 package is available on formulas and only adds the ramair hood as far as looks are concerned. AND 17" WS6 WHEELS AND WS6 BADGE
    -t-tops were an option on formulas.
    -from what i can see from the fogs they look factory but i dont have a clear shot so..

sweet ride, i'm really jealous and would gladly trade my T/A for it.
    Made a correction in bold above

And OP, welcome to the WS6 Formula club. I have one also!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Made a correction in bold above
    my point was the WS6 package doesnt add the big wing

black
    02 HAWK aka the beast

Congrats on your ws6. Looks real clean.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    SFC should be one of the first mods any fbody owner does! greatest mod for the car performance/driveability/extends life of doors t-tops and of the car in general! it will even lower your mortgage on your home!
    As I'm upside down on my house I'd like to know about this?????

Silver
    1998 Formula WS6 M6

Awsome, thanks for clearing that up for me. I honestly never even noticed the word "Formula" right on the side of the damn thing! When my dad takes it to the shop for the headers to be installed I'll make sure they check if theres any sub frame connectors already on there. If not I know what my next purchase will be.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Just check under the car to see if it has the SFC
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Silver
    1998 Formula WS6 M6

Okay, I thought it would have to be up on a lift. I'll just ask my dad or bro to take a gander next time I get a chance to talk to them.

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Welcome to the Club! You found a good deal, and she's beautiful!
    3" MagnaFlow CatBack w/Corsa (clone)Tips, Lloyds Custom Floor Mats, SLP Lid, Pro 5.0 W/ Lou's SS, 7.5" Eaton Locker w/3.73, KYB AGX, BMR LCA's, FRA, SSE, 5% Tint, 18x9 C5 Rims w/Falken 452

Thread Information