Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    2000 Firebird

My First Bird! at 15 years old.

Well guys i just got my first Bird and it's a 2000 Firebird.

Love the car but have a question
    What should i do 1st?
    Need help to know what i can get the most bang for my buck.

Black
    99 SS

save money for gas prices

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    save money for gas prices
    Ya!
    No joke, but lucky me it's only a V6. It may be slower but it's less on gas and at my age i dont need a TON of power. If i had a ton of power thn a wall would hit me just like this. lol

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

v6 v8?

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

nvmd posted right before me n didn't see it

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gable2000ta View Post
    nvmd posted right before me n didn't see it
    it's ok
    Ya it's a V6.
    But man i just want to tell you that i love your car! I have a thing for BLACK! and i love the trans am.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Well the first thing i would do would be to remove the sticker on the windshield and on the rear hatch...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Well the first thing i would do would be to remove the sticker on the windshield and on the rear hatch...
    Dude he just said what will giveme the best bang for the buck. Every1 knows stickers gives you like 40hp to the wheels. A few more, and ull be near stock LS1 power.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Wow, I was just about to ask if yall thought i should take them off or not.
    I'm thinking it would make the car look cleaner.

Thanks man.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

take the one off the front too, those letters are big, bold faced and IMHO ruins the car.

Well i would first off reccomend that you drive it for a bit before any mods. Your only 15. im not saying this to be an ass but when i was 16 i wanted to go fast and didnt care and i wrecked my dads gto. the morning i did that i was doing 135 MPH on a 3 lane road all the way through downtown with a speed limit of 40. Of course i didnt wreck then or i would be dead.

Well im 18 now and i learned alot from that wreck. Like i said you should just get used to driving in general at 15 then start modding after you get to about my age or maybe after a few speeding tickets so you actually realize what a big deal it is.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blk-ws6 View Post
    Well i would first off reccomend that you drive it for a bit before any mods. Your only 15. im not saying this to be an ass but when i was 16 i wanted to go fast and didnt care and i wrecked my dads gto. the morning i did that i was doing 135 MPH on a 3 lane road all the way through downtown with a speed limit of 40. Of course i didnt wreck then or i would be dead.

Well im 18 now and i learned alot from that wreck. Like i said you should just get used to driving in general at 15 then start modding after you get to about my age or maybe after a few speeding tickets so you actually realize what a big deal it is.
    +1, iv lost 4 friends due to street racing and stupid shit. One actually died last summer. Get use to the power and get a feel of it first. Shit my car still surprises me sometimes when i pin the throttle.

Ya, im very lucky i didnt die that day. I took it as a scary lesson and luckily me nor my friend got hurt. I came around a corner peeling out fishtailed and lost the back end and went through a tree doing about 30 mph and hit a sign. it doesnt sound bad but the car had a lot more momentum than 30 mph cause the back tires were spinning really fast.

Just take our stories for what their worth, youll probably blow it off just like i did at that age, but now i have serious respect for the power of fast cars.

Well you say you don't need much power right now so get springs and struts. It will make a huge difference in the handling and look better to boot. The rear decal looks good but I would take off the front one. Those letters are just too big.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Thanks so much guy's! I understand what you all mean with your stories. My brother is into cars and has a Camaro with a LS1 and a 60 trim turbo. He got in a wreck in his SRT-4 he had before the camaro. and i've learned a lot from him let along you guy's. So thanks a lot. I more than likey wont do anything with the speed factor of the car right now more of how it looks. Like paint it black. I love Black cars.

I'll talk to my brother about the springs and struts tho

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Nice wheels, lower, stereo head unit + better speakers, you've already got the window tint, and keep it CLEEAN, I mean quality clean - any clean car inside and out will get respect when you drive it somewhere. I'd remove the stickers too; there are better appearence mods (check the Appearence forum! ) to do that are less tacky and can turn heads. Car doesn't HAVE to be fast to be cool, and just because a car is fast doesn't make it cool either - I know of a Mirage that is faster than most cars on this site, but really now it looks awful appearence wise and everyone makes fun of it even though it's fast.

If you just want a little more HP to make it a bit peppier just do something simple, intake and exhaust. But really, I'd just try to make it look really clean and sexy and wouldn't waste my time putting a lot of performance stuff in it when you could take that money and save it for something else down the road.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Nice wheels, lower, stereo head unit + better speakers, you've already got the window tint, and keep it CLEEAN, I mean quality clean - any clean car inside and out will get respect when you drive it somewhere. I'd remove the stickers too; there are better appearence mods (check the Appearence forum! ) to do that are less tacky and can turn heads. Car doesn't HAVE to be fast to be cool, and just because a car is fast doesn't make it cool either - I know of a Mirage that is faster than most cars on this site, but really now it looks awful appearence wise and everyone makes fun of it even though it's fast.

If you just want a little more HP to make it a bit peppier just do something simple, intake and exhaust. But really, I'd just try to make it look really clean and sexy and wouldn't waste my time putting a lot of performance stuff in it when you could take that money and save it for something else down the road.

Best advice I have received all day! I agree completely about keeping the car CLEAN! I'm big on that. I don’t like gaudy things. Thanks a lot!
    I may message you if I have other questions is that ok?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Hopefull View Post
    Best advice I have received all day! I agree completely about keeping the car CLEAN! I'm big on that. I don’t like gaudy things. Thanks a lot!
    I may message you if I have other questions is that ok?
    No problem at all, and you're welcome.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Hopefull View Post
    But man i just want to tell you that i love your car! I have a thing for BLACK! and i love the trans am.
    Thanks its Navy Blue Metallic but people mistake it all the time for black

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Definately upgrade the wheels. Firebird stock are in my opinion ugly. Maybe later on I'd change the hood

Thread Information