Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My First Bird! at 15 years old.

This is a discussion on My First Bird! at 15 years old. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by blk-ws6 Well i would first off reccomend that you drive it for a bit before any mods. ...

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by blk-ws6 View Post
    Well i would first off reccomend that you drive it for a bit before any mods. Your only 15. im not saying this to be an ass but when i was 16 i wanted to go fast and didnt care and i wrecked my dads gto. the morning i did that i was doing 135 MPH on a 3 lane road all the way through downtown with a speed limit of 40. Of course i didnt wreck then or i would be dead.

Well im 18 now and i learned alot from that wreck. Like i said you should just get used to driving in general at 15 then start modding after you get to about my age or maybe after a few speeding tickets so you actually realize what a big deal it is.

yeah, to add to this, never get a bike neither. I sold my LT1 Camaro to get my bike since I also have a truck. Bikes are really tempting. I did 181mph without trying to mess with someone, then raced a GT500 with my buddy who has the same bike on a fairly busy highway then just two weeks ago him and I were messing with a new vette. Be careful, V6's still have some go power especially with you being 15. Never take life for granted because as soon as you start messing around it can end like that. Never get cocky with the car and always have respect for it because the first time you don't it will hand you your ass. I test drove a V6 bird before I had bought the LT1 Camaro, they'll still spin tires and still kick out on you, just take er easy. But nice car, nothing like my old beater first car I bought for 500 dollars haha
    And one more thing, you have nothing to prove to anyone, kids in school like to think their cars are the shit, even if they have an old cavalier, don't race them, it's not worth a ticket to show them something that should have been common sense in the first place!

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

If I were you I wouldn't waste too much money on performance for a v6. You'd have to spend quite a bit of money to get it to where it can beat up on most cars.Thats enough power for most 15yr olds but i dont really have room to talk being 16 and having an ls1. Just save up and maybe drop an ls1 in there later.. I would spend the money making sure its in perfect running condition, maybe new wheels, some clean appearance stuff, maybe a paint job but that can be really expensive, and a ws6 hood or OEM hood to give it a more aggressive look. And who knows, maybe an exhaust but I'm not sure what kind of sound you would get from a v6.
    Nice car. How many miles?

Here is my Formula with TT II's and a SLP H.O. hood. Just to give you an idea about appearance mods first. By the way I like the silver more than the black.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    yeah, to add to this, never get a bike neither. I sold my LT1 Camaro to get my bike since I also have a truck. Bikes are really tempting. I did 181mph without trying to mess with someone, then raced a GT500 with my buddy who has the same bike on a fairly busy highway then just two weeks ago him and I were messing with a new vette. Be careful, V6's still have some go power especially with you being 15. Never take life for granted because as soon as you start messing around it can end like that. Never get cocky with the car and always have respect for it because the first time you don't it will hand you your ass. I test drove a V6 bird before I had bought the LT1 Camaro, they'll still spin tires and still kick out on you, just take er easy. But nice car, nothing like my old beater first car I bought for 500 dollars haha
    And one more thing, you have nothing to prove to anyone, kids in school like to think their cars are the shit, even if they have an old cavalier, don't race them, it's not worth a ticket to show them something that should have been common sense in the first place!
    Wow!
    Man that mean a LOT to hear how much yall care about just a 15 year old who you dont know! I will take everything you all have told me and take that car not as a joke but with respect.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

oh and it has 95k miles on it. I have changes ALLLLL of the fluids and checked everything i could with my brother.
    I'm thinking about keeping it silver and getting black rims but i dont know how that would look . Anyone know of anybody who has a silver one with black rims?
    GO Chiefs!

1998 TA

your sig says "Go chiefs"...as in the Kansas City Chiefs?

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Well my opinion has already been expressed. Lose the stickers and get some TT's. this is what i got my son at 15 and what he has now at 18.

no sticker and cool wheels ftw.

1998 TA

I'm not so sure about the wheels on the Z28.... But damn that RS looks nice.

pewter
    ws6

congrats man

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

he just got the Z a couple of months ago and he plans on doing a wheel change soon.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Here is what I bought at 16. '86 Turbocoupe, 5 speed! I loved the car so much, I still have it and drive it and do things to it. It's my daily driving, stereo on wheels.

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    your sig says "Go chiefs"...as in the Kansas City Chiefs?
    OHHHHHH YAAAAAA!!!
    KC = MY LIFE!
    I'm in the process of trying to get some sort of red godl and black or just 2 of the colors to put into the car somewhere. I'm Oblessed to say the least!

this is my Unfinished room like 2 hours after I finished painting it!
    it's better now!
    i love that room.

1998 TA

HAHA I love the Chiefs! I was born in Olathe, KS and lived most of my life in Overland Park, KS. I always stick by the Chiefs even when they struggle.
    Are you from Kansas or just a Chiefs fan??

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    HAHA I love the Chiefs! I was born in Olathe, KS and lived most of my life in Overland Park, KS. I always stick by the Chiefs even when they struggle.
    Are you from Kansas or just a Chiefs fan??
    I'm not from KC or anywhere close.
    I'm just a boy in florida who grew up with a love for the Chiefs!
    But man it's good to meet another chiefs fan, you dont know how hard t is to find them down here!

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i say you sould save your $$$ so you can buy a WS6 in a few years... don't dump $$ in to the bird you have now..... be good to it and once you have a few years under your belt you will be ready for a nice WS6 with little or no car payment
    96 Trans AM WS6 (only 36k miles): Pacesetter LTs, ORY, magnaflow, !egr, !air, BMR STB, BMR LCAs, UMI SFCs, Alpine type R components up front, 2 12" Alpine type E subs, Alpine CDE-102 deck, Alpine 500m amp

silver
    2002 firehawk

love the orange camaro!

Silver
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    i say you sould save your $$$ so you can buy a WS6 in a few years... don't dump $$ in to the bird you have now..... be good to it and once you have a few years under your belt you will be ready for a nice WS6 with little or no car payment
    wow, to much to think about! lol

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by ExStanger View Post
    Here is my Formula with TT II's and a SLP H.O. hood. Just to give you an idea about appearance mods first. By the way I like the silver more than the black.

Click for full size
    Tire dressing -- FTW!!!!!!

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

spray it.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Nice wheels, lower, stereo head unit + better speakers, you've already got the window tint, and keep it CLEEAN, I mean quality clean - any clean car inside and out will get respect when you drive it somewhere. I'd remove the stickers too; there are better appearence mods (check the Appearence forum! ) to do that are less tacky and can turn heads. Car doesn't HAVE to be fast to be cool, and just because a car is fast doesn't make it cool either - I know of a Mirage that is faster than most cars on this site, but really now it looks awful appearence wise and everyone makes fun of it even though it's fast.

If you just want a little more HP to make it a bit peppier just do something simple, intake and exhaust. But really, I'd just try to make it look really clean and sexy and wouldn't waste my time putting a lot of performance stuff in it when you could take that money and save it for something else down the road.
    dude whre have you been all my life? thats what i say!, I always aruged with ricers about their stupid K24 Engines, saying they can beat a Vette blah blah, runs 9 etc... but i always say whatabout the looks? the syle? what are you aming for a butt ugly rockett?, i always say...its good to be balanced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information