Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My 15th Birthday Present

This is a discussion on My 15th Birthday Present within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i was driving more then 2 years when i got my ta. before that i had driven many rwd cars. ...

Red
    2000 Trans Am

i was driving more then 2 years when i got my ta. before that i had driven many rwd cars. Even then my ta was a handful.

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    haha i know you'll do it, ive tried you cant. but now im mature
    lol i wonder how "mature" at the age of 17

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

hahah i'm 22 and still immature sometimes....anyways...nice car and try not to show off when you have people with you. i can't help it either, but it'll prevent stupid things from happening..good luck.

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

Congrats dude. I'm still beating on my hand-me-down. It's short two cylinders though .

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KJax2010 View Post
    My dadpaid cash to the dealer he bought his Trans Am from in 1979 out of his own pocket. He even still has the check register that was used in 1979 just to show me how much it was. I don't feel like going to ask him right now but I think it was $7,565 or around that number.
    Got that beat. My 1st car was a brand new '79 Z28. Pretty much a stripper, no A/C, no power anything, basic vinyl interior. About the only option was the aluminum wheels. Sticker price: $61xx.

I remember what an asshole I was in that car. That's why I wouldn't even consider getting an LS1 for my 15 yr. old son, who currently has his permit.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i give it 8 months once he gets his license

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

Must be nice... I'm 25yrs old, and have only had 2 cars. 1st
    I bought when I was 18,a '89 Mustang GT 5.0 paid like $3000 for it, when I was done with it it was almost new... just needed a few last interior things. Built motor, trans, rear end. Wasn't as fast as a TA, but fun. Had it back for about hmmmmm 3 days b4 it got totalled... got ran off the road by a drunk driver. Took my insurance check to the dealer and bought me an '02 Formula. Never thought about getting rid of it!

Becareful, if you want to go fast, take it to the track. Not worth risking so many innocent lives street racing, and def not worth the tickets! Enjoy!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

lucky man you got nice parents i had to buy my firebird out my pocket and then i ended up givin it up i cant drive a rear wheel drive on ice and snow so i gave it to my dad and i got a 93 chevy pickup i like it up i have had to pay 4 every thing my parents only pay for insurence your verry lucky man

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My first car me and my friend had been building for a year before i got my drivers ID, it was a 79malibu i got with a blown inline 6 for 300 bucks, put a 355 wit ha somewhat big cam, some heads and nice carb and intake manifold, with a built 350turbo traanny and 3.73 rear end, exhaust was headersd to cherrybombs to tips that came out the side. Made 435hp and way more torque lol. Car would twist so much at 40mph when i would drop into first and hit it i could get my front left tire off the ground. It also had no kick down cable so when i wanted to race i would have to put it in 1st and the shifter was right behind the wheel. Good times also drove it that winter that was a hell of a winter.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KJax2010 View Post
    I have been 15 for around 6 months now but here is my present I got on Saturday. It's a 1998 Sport Gold Metallic Trans Am with Chrome C6 ZO6 wheels on it.

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Nice T/A though!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

just like everyone else has said: NICE CAR!

now respect what it is capable of doing, and 9 months from now, dont give into the stupid shit your friends or G/F might want you to do w/the car, do it and then wreck it...

if anything, store the SOB, and buy a beater. make that rare car last...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    if anything, store the SOB, and buy a beater. make that rare car last...
    is that really REALLY how you thought @ 15 years old? riiiiiight.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    is that really REALLY how you thought @ 15 years old? riiiiiight.
    haha, at 15 i had a '69 Impala Coupe 427 4spd...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    haha, at 15 i had a '69 Impala Coupe 427 4spd...
    sick....i thought u were sarge after reading that!!!! lol.....he prolly drove a copo camaro for his first car!!!! haha .......to the 15 yr old in the ws6.........your parents are insane!!!!!! LOL....i nearly killed myself several times in my 87 v6 firechicken....oh and it topped out at the M in MPH past the 85 max on the speedo......proly 115ish...lol.....86 caviler topped at 85-90 depending on if u were goin downhill or not...99z28 160 ..2003 rsx-s 140 i had it up to.......and finially at 28 wheni got this car last yr i have YET to go past 130.........takes a LONG time to grow up...testosterone is a powerful force

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    testosterone is a powerful force
    This is a true statement, most of us here have done some things that would make normal car owners call the police on us.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    This is a true statement, most of us here have done some things that would make normal car owners call the police on us.
    yes and they HAVE before...LOL

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah, i had 8 cop cars pull up to my house as i was pulling the T/A into the garage, they come up to me we had reports of a red sports car street racing. I was like thats my car officer as I pointed to my 90 new yorker, then he goes can we look in your garage. Thats just one of the times i was given a ticket for street racing when no cops actually saw me doin it, just people who hate there lives calling in because the only joy they can get out of there pathetic boring lives is to ruin others fun.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

My first car was a 1981 Ford Thunderbird...JEALOUS?!?

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Be careful with it man, be smart! I got my T/A when I was 17 and I've done plenty of stupid shit. still got her tho.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post

SO true.

Great looking car though. I was never a fan of gold cars, but I actually like it. Looks like it's in great shape too.

Congrats on the great present, and congrats on having really cool parents. Alot of parents wouldn't let their kid get a car like that even with thier own money.

Everyone here's given you good advice on how to respect the car, I just want to add that if anyone tries to race you, just tell them they're not worth the gas. Either that or tell them you only race for cash at the track. That will shut alot of people up.

Oh, and you won't be driving this in the snow right? If you are, I highly suggest finding an empty parking lot with a little snow, and practice driving the car and controlling skids. High powered RWD cars can be very tricky in the snow, or even rain for that matter.

Haha, when I was in highschool, a girl in one of my classes was driving her boyfriend's 3rdgen T/A one day. It happened to be a little wet out, and as she was leaving the parking lot, she gunned it, and needless to say she fishtailed. She didn't know to countersteer and had no idea how to get it back under control, so she hit 2 parked cars.

So yeah, don't let that happen to you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information