Heinz

Pewter
    2001 TA WS6

Mostly Appearence Talk

I have been using all the search engines for appearance accessories such as smoked park lamps, side markers and tail lights to give my car the, well... smokey look i guess. All the websites i found were crappy. Any suggestions for just a good appearance concerned website. And also, im gonna save up for a new engine: Splurge and get the ls7 or will 14 grand starting from the block up get me a better engine (not neccessarily more powerful, i want a good, solid, strong yet kick ass engine.) Im inclined towards the ls7 because everything seems to work so well together, plus it's sweet as hell in an ice cream cone.Thoughts?????

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

site sponsos are a great place too look: afterthoughtsauto.com should have what you need

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

I bought from that site and didnt even know it was a sponser :O

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listen if you have 14grand build your own motor, you can get a block iron or a custom alum block. Then get forged internals, custom heads, cam, valve train, intake manifold and with 14 grand you can go with any setup you want, large nitrous or supercharger or turbo the sky is the limit with 14 grand i would make a twin turbo with a custom 427 aluminum block on high boost street gas make around 1000rwhp and it is still streetable, but if you do go that big you will need a built tranny and rear end.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

$14K can get you all you really need and still be able to drive your car on the street. I wouldn't go with the LS7 though. For the money, you can get much more if you start with the LSX block. Build up from there. Also 2000 T/A Guru is absolutely 100% right, you will need to plan for a bulletproof tranny and rear end. Stocker there will end up in pieces if you hook up with that kind of power.

Heinz

Pewter
    2001 TA WS6

i definetly planned on replacing the rear end to handle the extra horses. Some more questions: what will i need and how much will it costs to strengthen the rear end, does the tranny not come with the engine?? Oh and 1000hp is way out of the question. Im looking for about 450-500 to the wheels and a sweet ass sound. I gotta be able to toy with the new trans-am and camaros coming out. Can't let the new old cars beat an LS1, the new muscles look too funky to win that race.

Thread Information