Thread: Mods

Silver
    2002 T/A WS6

Mods

Ok, so I have Random Tech High Flow Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP Catback, & Eibachs. As for induction I plan on putting Volant Cold Air, SLP Bellow, & SLP MAF. As for suspension I plan on either Random Tech or SLP Torque Bar, SLP Bilstein Shocks, leaving Sportlines on, and Poly Bushing Kit. Brakes will just be some slotted rotorworks. Plan on Jet Programmer. This is a daily driver with 70K. Any comments or suggestions whether this is a good set up or not?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Solidify View Post
    Ok, so I have Random Tech High Flow Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP Catback, & Eibachs. As for induction I plan on putting Volant Cold Air, SLP Bellow, & SLP MAF. As for suspension I plan on either Random Tech or SLP Torque Bar, SLP Bilstein Shocks, leaving Sportlines on, and Poly Bushing Kit. Brakes will just be some slotted rotorworks. Plan on Jet Programmer. This is a daily driver with 70K. Any comments or suggestions whether this is a good set up or not?
    Where to begin. LEt's start with the easy...SLP. Ditch the MAF, stock one is good to up to 500 hp. Forget the bellow also, $55 cosmetic piece which nets no gains. Volant CAI is a good idea, nice looking piece and can be sealed to the hood for good airflow.
    As far as shocks contact Sam Strano, google Strano auto parts, and order some Bilstien HD shocks from him, they will help your ride immensely! Screw the slotted rotors, get blanks, slotted/drilled do not help performance. With the $$$$ you were going to spend on the MAF and bellows get SFC and LCA instead, $$$ better spent on the suspension. I am partial to BMR products.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

Where to begin. LEt's start with the easy...SLP. Ditch the MAF, stock one is good to up to 500 hp. Forget the bellow also, $55 cosmetic piece which nets no gains. Volant CAI is a good idea, nice looking piece and can be sealed to the hood for good airflow.
    As far as shocks contact Sam Strano, google Strano auto parts, and order some Bilstien HD shocks from him, they will help your ride immensely! Screw the slotted rotors, get blanks, slotted/drilled do not help performance. With the $$$$ you were going to spend on the MAF and bellows get SFC and LCA instead, $$$ better spent on the suspension. I am partial to BMR products.
    that is some great info....

i agree, get some LONG TUBE HEADERS..... FLP makes a nice kit. i think they are dynatech now.
    for suspencion... id focus on LCA's, SFC's, TQ arm, PHB, and some sways....
    id go BMR... good stuff, good price, for a DD. and later down the road maybe shocks....
    look into a SLP fan switch., very nice ti have in HOT weather, and after a hard run... to help evac under hood heat!

and than when you are ready for more HP.... if this you DD, id do a 222 cam/springs, and a cut-out, tune.... and with all the other mods you should be putting down 375rwhp and getting to the ground like a champ.

good luck.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

flat black
    - cant run long tubes with his sportline set up...the only header i have found to fit and not compromise ground clearance too much is MAC...they are the only company that makes a med length header...the long tubes are too low to the ground and shorties will not give you the right angles you need...my MAC's are tucked right against the body...
    -i disagree on the brakes also...drilled rotors i agree are pointless, mine are dimpled and slotted and i race my car drag and road course, and have very little brake fade even above 150 with consecutive brakes. i however could not achieve this with O.E. pads and rotors, they would get too hot too fast and were prone to warpage
    - SFC's are a great mod they will tie the front to the back and help eliminate a lot of things
    - i would wait on the tune. your gonna spend a lot of money on a good one, might as well wait until you do cam heads and intake...save the money for somthing else
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -either do it yourself or have someone else do a good port/polish on your TB youll see great throttle response out of it as well as gain some upper RPM power
    -MAKE A PLAN...decide what you want to do, what your limit is as far as how fast you want to go, plan your parts accordingly...no point in buying gun drilled axles if your not going to do some serious racing...no point in upgrading the brakes if you dont plan on stopping hard above 100 on a daily basis...then your just wasting money you could be spending elsewhere
    -if you plan on putting in a cam make sure you get someone to put your heads on a flojet...once you have the flowjet numbers call someone and order a custom cam to fit what your heads will actually flow...no need in buying a big cam if your heads cant flow enough to utilize the full power of the cam...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

try Tpis headers... they don't affect ground clearance... i think that is thier name... they are in gm high tech...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

My ground clearance is better with my long tube set up then was with my Macs. Mac Y pipe hung low.

Silver
    2002 T/A WS6

Stupid ?

Not to sound like a noob, but explain SFC's & LCA's , i cant put it anything together! I know what a dumb ass!

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

SFC - Subframe connectors
    LCA - Lower Control Arm
    PHB - Pan Hard Bar

flat black
    maybe i have a different ORY cause mine is all tucked up against the body good and tight like....what is your suspension setup that you have good ground clearance with long tubes everything ive ever seen long tubes have hung too low. especially the SLP ones...that is with the Eibach Sportline setup...i dont know much about other companies spring setups

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

LT's to low??? which brand?

my FLP system hung higher than the stock y pipe. i had better ground clearence.

Thread Information