red
    2002 TransAm WS6

misfires #5 and 6 cylinder 02 transam

did any of you guys run into misfires on #5 and 6?

my car has been sitting mostly for the last few years. only being started to move it around some, not driven much.

i have replaced all the plugs with new delco ones, swapped coils around and wires, checked for vacuum leaks with a can of brake cleaner, tapped on the #5 and 6 injectors with a ratchet and hammer, replaced both primary o2 sensors with new delco units, swapped coils around. no change. the miss seems like its a dead miss and counts fast on my scan tool. the only thing i havent done is actually check the injector wiring with a noid light for power or checked for actual spark, just in case of bad wire or pcm. to me its very strange to be on both sides of the engine and also directly across from one another. any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

car has 22k miles on it, slp longtubes, corsa exhaust, smooth bellow, k and n with a direct flow lid, skip shift delete, rear o2 delete.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A car that has been sitting for a while with old gas is a prime candidate for a gummed up fuel system. Any wire harness damage from mice? Harness corrosion? You can pick up a set of noid lights for cheap and check the injectors for juice before you pull the rail.

red
    2002 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    A car that has been sitting for a while with old gas is a prime candidate for a gummed up fuel system. Any wire harness damage from mice? Harness corrosion? You can pick up a set of noid lights for cheap and check the injectors for juice before you pull the rail.
    hopefully i will get some time tonight after work to pull a fuel rail and check the injectors for gumyness. i did look over the harness and did not see any rodent damage. also i forgot to mention the car is a garage queen. she sees no rain or bad weather.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Garage queens work - just have to drive them every now and then. Curious as to what you find. If you need to run a fuel system cleaner, I recommend Chevron Techron over anything else.

red
    2002 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Garage queens work - just have to drive them every now and then. Curious as to what you find. If you need to run a fuel system cleaner, I recommend Chevron Techron over anything else.
    We use techron also at work when necessary. It's great stuff. But if injector isn't firing, then an additive isn't gonna do much. I just have to find some time to get working on it. I just have too many other projects that require my time and are more so on the honey do list first.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agree. But once you get them cleared up (if that is the issue), running some fuel system cleaner through your tank is a good idea.

Thread Information