Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Might by this car but I need help..

I'm going to look at this car today, it's a silver 99 M6 with about 85k miles on it, they're asking for $8995.. here's the link to it :

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=100005798

I called the dealership just now, and asked them about the carfax on the car.. they told me that it was in an accident but it was rebuilt and has a clean title.. they said you can't even tell that the car was in an accident...

What would you guys do? I'm going to check it out in a few hours and I wanna know if it's even worth it! This would be my first trans am, and only my second car.

Is there a general rule to steer clear of cars that have been rebuilt or what? I really don't wanna get into it if it's just gonna be a huge problem later on down the road...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

price seems fair, and u know that they'll never get the asking price, i'd offer them 8 grand and work from there

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

money talks bullshit walks,bring 8 k with you and show em

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

well i think i would have to finance it for a couple thousand.. i'll be able to gather up about 7,000.. not sure if they'll finance it to me if i ask for a lower price

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

They would have given about $7000 trade in value for it, and reduced that due to the accident. The problem is you don't know how badly it was damaged, or if it was rebuilt right. If you really want this car, take someone with you that knows cars and have them pick at it. Check into financing before you go look at it. With 30% down and a cosign, you should be able to get financing easily. The financing will help your credit score, as well as whoever cosigns for you, and will also ensure you get the car at the best price. I'd offer $7000 CASH. They'll counter around $8500, and you can raise your offer to $7500. They'll meet you at $8000 easily, and you could probably get them under that. If you could get up about $500 more and go in with all cash, you could get it for $7500. Just don't act like the car is going to be yours regardless. Let them think you're looking at other lots too. And, don't forget taxes...

I bought my 02 WS6 from a GM dealer. GM certified, 17k miles, clean Carfax, garage kept, not a blemish. They were asking $24k for mine, and took $18,500 cash. Cash talks.
    2002 WS6 Trans Am, A4, SLP lid, P&P TB, 3500 stall, 24K GVW tranny cooler, HPTuners, Pacesetter LTs, Bassani dual exhaust with 'x' crossover, coolant bypass, sealed airbox to hood.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jag42420

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

oh ok.. yeah i talked to him and i'll find out how badly the car was damaged when i get there... he'll pull up the carfax on it i think...maybe i'll get lucky and it was just a fender bender or something... thx a lot for the info/advice.. going out there in a little while so i'll update you when i get back and let you guys know how it went.. wish me luck

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Make sure that the frame has not been twisted, and tell him that you want it on the road so you dont have to pay for the taxes and lisences and that stuff. I would offer 8,500 on the road, that would be a fair deal.
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by goose_von View Post
    Make sure that the frame has not been twisted, and tell him that you want it on the road so you dont have to pay for the taxes and lisences and that stuff. I would offer 8,500 on the road, that would be a fair deal.
    whats on the road mean?

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    whats on the road mean?
    Taxes, title and registration included in the buying price.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by jag42420 View Post
    Taxes, title and registration included in the buying price.
    thats pretty neat... where were you when i got screwed over completely buying my car?

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

lol.. yeah i went to check it out today.. according to the carfax report it said something like it had a frontal crash with another vehicle and there was unibody damage..

the dealer told me that they replaced the passenger side fender and that was it.. so it was just a fender bender according to him.

unibody damage isn't a big deal is it? the car drove straight when he was driving it..

Thread Information