Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

ls6 manifold?

This is a discussion on ls6 manifold? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have been told by someone that i have the ls6 intake manifold on my car and said i wouldn't ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member 02TransSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    98

    Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

    ls6 manifold?

    I have been told by someone that i have the ls6 intake manifold on my car and said i wouldn't have to change it out. Now as far as i know, my car was never modified and i have a basic 02 trans am. not the ws6 or firehawk. Is there anyway for me tell by looking at it if its the stock manifold or the ls6. I would like to know for sure before going ahead and buying a new one soon.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Some 02's Came with them from the factory so ive heard but im not 100% sure.

    and i would assume it was only the WS6's and SS's
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

    12.6 at 112

    http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

  3. #3
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    ALL 2001 and 2002 fbodies got the LS6 intake.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member 02TransSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    98

    Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    ALL 2001 and 2002 fbodies got the LS6 intake.
    okay, cool.. how much extra hp does the ls6 add over the ls1 manifold?

  5. #5
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 02TransSD View Post
    okay, cool.. how much extra hp does the ls6 add over the ls1 manifold?
    Most people see 10-15 RWHP gains with the LS6 intake over the LS1 intake.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Most people see 10-15 RWHP gains with the LS6 intake over the LS1 intake.

    Oh no kidding....I thought it was only five, that's what the factory changed the rating by in '01.

    That's pretty cool.

    One more reason to go for a '01/'02.

  7. #7
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Oh no kidding....I thought it was only five, that's what the factory changed the rating by in '01.

    That's pretty cool.

    One more reason to go for a '01/'02.
    It's only 5 cause they changed the cam profile aswell. the `01-up LS1's all use the less aggressive 6.0 Truck Cam.
    Adding the LS6 intake to an early LS1 will net you around 10-15 HP.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    oh ok...thanks for the explanation!

  9. #9
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    It's only 5 cause they changed the cam profile aswell. the `01-up LS1's all use the less aggressive 6.0 Truck Cam.
    Adding the LS6 intake to an early LS1 will net you around 10-15 HP.
    when they changed the cam it was a lower lift.. but also a lower lsa.. your point makes perfect sense so im not arguing it but i have a question on the matter.. the lobe was like 4 lower tho so does lobe not effect hp?

  10. #10
    Junior Member 02TransSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    98

    Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    It's only 5 cause they changed the cam profile aswell. the `01-up LS1's all use the less aggressive 6.0 Truck Cam.
    Adding the LS6 intake to an early LS1 will net you around 10-15 HP.
    why did they go with a less aggressive cam? and any recommendations for a good priced/quality performance cam?

  11. #11
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 02TransSD View Post
    why did they go with a less aggressive cam? and any recommendations for a good priced/quality performance cam?
    this is based off assumption.. but i would say to keep it from being a huge diff between the years, while still giving the 01-02 an adv to having better airflow if mods done... for ex... you do complete intake exhaust, no need to do intake manifold because its allready done, then it doesnt really matter which cam you have because the diff is too little... or just swap it...
    as for the good cam/price.. i have never seen a cam that was like more expensive then the other so you gotta kind of set a goal for what you want, driveability, choppy, heavy lobe, smooth.. you know find out what ya want

  12. #12
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 02TransSD View Post
    why did they go with a less aggressive cam? and any recommendations for a good priced/quality performance cam?
    It benefited so they could remove the EGR

  13. #13
    Junior Member 02TransSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    98

    Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    this is based off assumption.. but i would say to keep it from being a huge diff between the years, while still giving the 01-02 an adv to having better airflow if mods done... for ex... you do complete intake exhaust, no need to do intake manifold because its allready done, then it doesnt really matter which cam you have because the diff is too little... or just swap it...
    as for the good cam/price.. i have never seen a cam that was like more expensive then the other so you gotta kind of set a goal for what you want, driveability, choppy, heavy lobe, smooth.. you know find out what ya want
    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    It benefited so they could remove the EGR
    ah cool, thanks

  14. #14
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Yea, all us '99 guys had the biggest cam out of all the 98-02 Fbodys from the factory. Yet they left us with the chitty LS1 intake. All of us 98-00 guys know how ugly and disturbing that air and egr system looks under the hood.

  15. #15
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Yea, all us '99 guys had the biggest cam out of all the 98-02 Fbodys from the factory. Yet they left us with the chitty LS1 intake. All of us 98-00 guys know how ugly and disturbing that air and egr system looks under the hood.
    `98-`00 cams are all the same 198/209 500/500 119.5 LSA
    `01 up cams are all the same 196/207 467/479 116 LSA
    The LS1 Intake was discountinued after `00 because all cars recieved the LS6 manifold. Reason is it didn't make economic sense for GM to make 2 passenger car intakes. The EGR system was eliminated cause of the tighter lobe spread of the new camshft. And all the cars still have the AIR system.

  16. #16
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    `98-`00 cams are all the same 198/209 500/500 119.5 LSA
    I beg to differ. I read somewhere that '99 had the biggest cam out of all the LS1 F-Body years. I'll find the article and post it.

    EDIT: Here, you were right about them all being the same, but the numbers I found are different.
    1998 - 2000 Fbody
    202/210 int/exh @ 0.05" duration
    0.496" / 0.496" int/exh lift
    116 LSA

    http://www.smokemup.com/tech/ls1.php
    Last edited by Heartbreak1; 08-02-2007 at 01:05 PM.

  17. #17
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Its not like it makes that big of a diff jes, i have beaten 99s and 01 and 02 and 98s and i have lost to 1 02. Of course these are all stock or close to the mods i have, I have lost to some moddified ls1s.

  18. #18
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Yea, all us '99 guys had the biggest cam out of all the 98-02 Fbodys from the factory. Yet they left us with the chitty LS1 intake. All of us 98-00 guys know how ugly and disturbing that air and egr system looks under the hood.
    yes ,know what you mean im gonna go with the fast intake and 90mm throttle body once i get the t-rex cam and afr heads next spring hopefully be around 400-450rwhp

  19. #19
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    yes ,know what you mean im gonna go with the fast intake and 90mm throttle body once i get the t-rex cam and afr heads next spring hopefully be around 400-450rwhp
    What kind of exhaust set up are you gonna run with the tRex? Believe it or not, LM1 with hooker LT and ORY and the tRex cam sound bad ass.

  20. #20
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    What kind of exhaust set up are you gonna run with the tRex? Believe it or not, LM1 with hooker LT and ORY and the tRex cam sound bad ass.
    lol i havent heard n e thing sound bad with the t-rex.. you can run whatever headers and exhaust through stock heads adn that cams gonna make the car sound like a beasttt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What manifold on 04 GTO???
    By JRENIGAR in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
  2. WTB: LS2 manifold and TB
    By Black02LS1 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
  3. ls6 manifold
    By c5z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
  4. LS6 Manifold
    By OnEbAdReDSS in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 04:56 AM
  5. What else do I need with LS6 manifold???
    By Hurley711 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •