Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LS1 vs Old School

This is a discussion on LS1 vs Old School within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I agree with a lot that has been said here, from both sides. I think the further you get from ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I agree with a lot that has been said here, from both sides. I think the further you get from the early 70's, though, the less you should have to pay for an old school T/A or Camaro. They lost some serious guts in the late 70's.

Certain low production cars, though, do warrant a beefier price tag. Any of you guys familiar with the Super Duty engine? Orignal SD-455's are in the $100k+ range. A damn shame, too. I know hardly any of those collector's would enjoy that car's power the way they should.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer25f View Post
    I love my 98 Trans am, but Ive also owned many older cars. 68 Chevelle, 64 Impala ss, 70 Monte Carlo. All are fun to drive, but I would much rather take the trans am on a long ride. Also a big difference between the old cars and the new, when I pull up in my trans am, people are like nice car, very sexy. Pull up in an old car and a crowd gathers.
    Tru-Dat !!!

Even the cop don't want to give you a ticket in one as long as your not doing something REALLY STUPID. I cant tell you how many cops have pulled up next to me in a parking lot and told me they liked my car.
    About 4-5 times I've popped the hood for them. Too bad this time the car will be strip only after the build. But, I have gotten my share of waves and honks going down the road even with the car on a trailer. I've even been known to pop the hood for a few people while on the trailer. That the plus for having a open trailer. ;-)

Last edited by Mecinoid; 01-10-2008 at 04:32 PM.

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    That's right man!!!! I have a Red Immaculate 11k mile 2001 Trans Am sitting in the garage that has never been out in the rain with a bottom side that is cleaner than a newborn that I highly doubt anyone would pay over $18,000 for. I probably put less than 1k on it or even less than that. My biggest fear is future engine problem from not running the vehicle enough. Sitting vehicle are not healthy.

Men! Other than that... no way over $20k because at that price, why would a person not go for a new 2010 SS Camaro with 500 hp stock that is brand spanking new?

Enough said, you know what the deal is...............
    Unfortunately, I think a 2010 Camaro is going to be pretty close to $40k

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face The Increase

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Unfortunately, I think a 2010 Camaro is going to be pretty close to $40k
    With tax and licensing.... you are looking at least $44,000 out the door.... that's not including Alarm system and LoJack activation. I have a gut instinct that the new Camaro will be close to $40k. I can't imagine an SS going for $30k... that's how much a regular TA cost in 2001. The Price has increased since......

Matthew

White
    1999 Trans Am 30th conv

I think you will all be surprised. I have seen a lot of TA's that have been treated like crap. They aren't worth a couple thousand. That is good for the prices of our cars. I would imagine that most here on this site give a crap and your cars are in good to excellent condition. I can pick up a 99 TA convert with average miles now for about 18-20K and the car will be in good condition. 3 years ago I could buy that car for the same price. That tells me values are not Declining on these vehicle but rather holding firm as the years go by. The prices on these cars are like anything else and ruled by supply and demand. The older they get the lower the supply. I believe these cars will always be in demand because they donít make them and they are awesome vehicles. Hold on to them, and I donít think you will need to wait 40 years. I think in the next 10-20 yrs you will see values on these cars in good to excellent condition rise to about 40K and up depending on miles and Mod's.

Oh and those that are only worth a few thousand will also be worth a few thousand in 20 years when somebody wants to buy it to restore.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Tru-Dat !!!

Even the cop don't want to give you a ticket in one as long as your not doing something REALLY STUPID. I cant tell you how many cops have pulled up next to me in a parking lot and told me they liked my car.
    About 4-5 times I've popped the hood for them. Too bad this time the car will be strip only after the build. But, I have gotten my share of waves and honks going down the road even with the car on a trailer. I've even been known to pop the hood for a few people while on the trailer. That the plus for having a open trailer. ;-)

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Old thread i came across...theres a newer thread on here somewhere that i had made a comment on the same issue of how much our 4th gens will be worth in the future,got a few thumbs down opinions but so be it, The ultimate compliment i got pitting old-vs- new was a thumbs up from a guy in a 68 Camaro while coming home from a nice day @ the beach on the freeway cruisin with the tops off and my SOM shinning like a new penny in the sun!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!

which one?
    which one?

Barret Jackson has ruined the Hobby for the regular man.[/QUOTE] Amen to that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information