White
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Ls1 chattering shaking bad! Spec clutch? Ne1 help

I Recently did a motor swap and tranny swap from a 4l60E to a T56
    it has been almost 3 months now and car has been
    However not too long ago… from a dead stop when I got on it I started getting really bad wheel hop... well I fixed it kiinda (is what I thought) the main tranny bolt was stripped and bolt was hanging in the cross member from the idiots who rebuilt my old 4l60E while back which I sold... so it wasn’t as bad then, but within the past weeks I have been having the WORST CASE OF ChATTER I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED, like my tranny and rear end are going to fall off!!! Every time I step on the gas at a mid level RPM (that’s when it happened the most… at about 2-3 but is now happening all the time) it rattles my whole car!!! I cant even stand to drive it, I have checked all bolts etc. I THIIINK THE CHATTER AND SHAKE THAT I WAS HEARIN AND FEELING WAS MY CLUCTCH GOING OUT from the beginning! BECAUSE NOW IT IS SLIPPING REALY BAD!. this all happened right after my radiator hose blew a FAT whole in it and sprayed dex-cool all over my engine...(how would that have anything to do with it!!!! coincidence? Probably!!)
    Happens to me a lot, just like my previous motor --collapsed the lifter a mile after I put white Shepard stop leak in it!! haha my luck
    Anyway, the guy I bought the t56 from put a spec stage lll clutch in it and its only had 5000 on it, but he did resurface the flywheel...specs are crap from what I have been reading

BUT HERES MY QUESTION IS: IS IT MY CLUTCH ENGAGING AND SLIPPING THAT IS MAKING MY CAR SHAKE AND RATTLE ETC.? WHY WOULD IT HAPPEN RIGHT AFTER MY RADIATOR HOSE BLEW? ANYTHING WUOLD HELP ON THIS BECAUSE I AM STUMPED AS IM PRETTY SURE ITS MY CLUTCH BUT NOT 100%..any help would be greatly appreciated! please

Silver
    2000 z28

if it was a used clutch can you be certain it only had 5k miles on it? not likely but antifreeze could have soaked into your clutch pad and making it slip but again not likely id lean more towarf the clutch being older than what was told to you. i put a stage 2 in my bros mustang and its kinda jerky up to about a grand on take off but nothin like your explaining with yours. could be inside your transmission slipping too... ive never been into a t56 but the heavy trucks at work have a clutch pack at the back of the tranny and the gears that turn that get chewed down and the trucks act the way youre explaining your problem sometimes the catch sometimes they dont and it makes horrible clunking noises

Thread Information