Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Lowered before & after pics

This is a discussion on Lowered before & after pics within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 did you swap springs and shocks or is it just ridin on the prokit? looks great, ...

  1. #21
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    did you swap springs and shocks or is it just ridin on the prokit? looks great, same with lous. did you upgrade the shocks give the prokit a better ride or is the prokit mainly for appearance? i know lous says the prokits don't upgrade performance ride but i never asked if thats on both stock and aftermarket shocks
    it def improved the the performance. night and day difference. the cars center of gravity is much lower and more balanced. before on the highway, switching lanes at high speeds the car would sway left to right. and yeah, i put on bilsteins. i originally left on the stock shocks and it rode like crap, they bottomed out all the time and the car bounced over every bump. and the ass end squatted baddy on take off. however, i would prob recommend going with something adjustable. i dont really care for the bilstiens, but they were reasonably priced.

  2. #22
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    wow was that just a spring swap.. where could i find Strano springs.. wats a price.

    would i have to swictch control arms and spindles.
    do the springs need dif shocks..

    if i were to lower my t/a would i have to worry about my tire getting in to anything i got 245s on the front wit stock ABS wheels.. wanting to get 18's or even 19's. how much of a low pro tire would i need to go with a lowered car..
    if you want strano spring go to his site at stranoparts.com and give im a call. sam will do you right on the parts you need he knows what he is doing.

  3. #23
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    you can run those tires with no modifications, even a 315 if you want. no problems with 18's or 19's either. obviously you would have to change to a 30 or 35 series tire if you went to a bigger rim, but it will fit fine.

    and you can use your stock shocks but it will ride like a turd. it will be to mushy and the shocks wont last. best bet is to swap both the springs and shocks.

    dont have a before picture, but here is mine. eibach pro kit. i agree with mr. luos, i love the stance. never had any experience with the stranos though.

    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    nice ride
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  4. #24
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1speedster View Post
    wow was that just a spring swap.. where could i find Strano springs.. wats a price.

    would i have to swictch control arms and spindles.
    do the springs need dif shocks..

    if i were to lower my t/a would i have to worry about my tire getting in to anything i got 245s on the front wit stock ABS wheels.. wanting to get 18's or even 19's. how much of a low pro tire would i need to go with a lowered car..
    mines dropped and ive got 305/30/zr19s... 35s would deff rub

  5. #25
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Best I have....


    Stock springs... (and before I got better with a camera)
    Click for full size

    Click for full size


    ProKit springs....
    Loved the stance, hated the ride.
    Click for full size

    Click for full size


    Since upgraded to Strano springs.
    Did you have koni's with the pro-kit? I have been debating for a while on what springs to go with. Is the ride on the stranos that noticeably better? Because i have to admit the stance with the pro-kit is more of what i'm looking for. its hard to tell from the pics, but how high did the car come up when you switched to stranos?

  6. #26
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    Did you have koni's with the pro-kit? I have been debating for a while on what springs to go with. Is the ride on the stranos that noticeably better? Because i have to admit the stance with the pro-kit is more of what i'm looking for. its hard to tell from the pics, but how high did the car come up when you switched to stranos?
    I had the ProKit with stock shocks...and upgraded to the Koni's while still riding on the Eibach springs.
    HUGE improvement over the stockers.

    Then I upgraded to the Strano's....and found even better ride quality.

  7. #27
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I had the ProKit with stock shocks...and upgraded to the Koni's while still riding on the Eibach springs.
    HUGE improvement over the stockers.

    Then I upgraded to the Strano's....and found even better ride quality.
    did you ever have problems bottoming out with the pro-kit?

  8. #28
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    did you ever have problems bottoming out with the pro-kit?
    Nope.

    Just sat a touch too low for my liking and rode ROUGH.

  9. #29
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    did you ever have problems bottoming out with the pro-kit?
    my stock shocks bottomed out all the time with the eibach kit. the ride was so bad it only last about a month before i swapped them out

  10. #30
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    nice ride
    thanks

  11. #31
    Member WS6ICK2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pittsboro NC
    Posts
    587

    Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    How does the lowered springs/ shocks compare to stock ride height and shocks. Lets say Strano's and Koni's?. Or the prokit and Koni's?

  12. #32
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    How does the lowered springs/ shocks compare to stock ride height and shocks. Lets say Strano's and Koni's?. Or the prokit and Koni's?
    appearance = much better. much more aggressive looking and sportier.

    performance/handling = much improved, less swaying and center of gravity is much lower. night and day difference.

    ride comfort = personally i think that a stock 4th gen rides smooth as butter (for a sports car), but by lowering it at all youre def gonna decrease the comfort. regardless of what lowering kit you use.

    overall = the performance/appearance improvement outweighs the loss in comfort.

  13. #33
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    the strano's are a handling up grade and the best you can get for all around springs.

  14. #34
    Member mdevecchio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    139

    Black
    2000 Formula



    After...




    Bilstein shocks and springs

  15. #35
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    appearance = much better. much more aggressive looking and sportier.

    performance/handling = much improved, less swaying and center of gravity is much lower. night and day difference.

    ride comfort = personally i think that a stock 4th gen rides smooth as butter (for a sports car), but by lowering it at all youre def gonna decrease the comfort. regardless of what lowering kit you use.

    overall = the performance/appearance improvement outweighs the loss in comfort.
    true... i have a buddy with a stock one and it rides alittle smoother than mine but mine looks alot better lowered

  16. #36
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    appearance = much better. much more aggressive looking and sportier.

    performance/handling = much improved, less swaying and center of gravity is much lower. night and day difference.

    ride comfort = personally i think that a stock 4th gen rides smooth as butter (for a sports car), but by lowering it at all youre def gonna decrease the comfort. regardless of what lowering kit you use.

    overall = the performance/appearance improvement outweighs the loss in comfort.
    I agree on everything except ride quality.
    After driving mine for 10yrs on the original suspension I can tell you the Strano/Koni's when set up properly is hands down better then the Stock stuff even when it was new. Yes the ride is firmer but all the harsh impacts are gone. Road irregularities and bumps do not unsettle the car as with the original equipment.
    Our cars really need to be dampened properly and the Decarbons are not up to the task even when new.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  17. #37
    Junior Member camaro071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    FL
    Age
    47
    Posts
    49

    blau-green
    2001 T/A

    nice

    Very nice I need do the same.

  18. #38
    Member transamdude99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Wenatchee, Washington
    Age
    31
    Posts
    139

    red
    1999 Tran-Am WS7

    then....


    and now...
    1999 Trans-Am
    Lid, Flowmaster cat-back, Eibach 1.25 Pro Kit, front and rear Eibach Sway bars, LS7 clutch C:\Users\Troy Boy\Pictures\Leonidas1.jpg

  19. #39
    1 01ls1ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    houston tx
    Age
    31
    Posts
    273

    pewter
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by transamdude99 View Post
    then....
    Click for full size

    and now...
    Click for full size
    nice car man....but you gotta get rid of those rims

  20. #40
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by transamdude99 View Post
    then....
    Click for full size

    and now...
    Click for full size
    looks good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pics Of Lowered Camaro!!!
    By BlackZ28629 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
  2. pics of my car lowered!
    By 98maro in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 03:03 AM
  3. new pics after being lowered
    By davidz28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM
  4. Pics of lowered TA's
    By hartsmike in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Pics; Lowered on Hotchkis...SOM
    By ErikElvis in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •