Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am W6

Loudmouth 1 or TSP True Duals

Im about to buy an exhaust system. I like the slp loudmouth 1 and the tsp true duals. I cant decide which to buy. If you like the true duals, which mufflers do you perfer? It going on a bone stock T/A ws6. Thanks for the help.

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

The true duals wont work unless you have long tube headers. I have the lm2 on my car and when its stock it sounds pretty nasty. I put long tubes on it with the lm2 and I love it. You will get alot of guys on here who absolutely hate long tubes with the loud mouth exhaust but if you like a loud exhaust that's going to turn heads its definitely the way to go. I know the lm1 is a little different but its all pretty much the same

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

mufflers?

Impounded
    most will say magnaflow. im not a fan of that sound...but thats what 95% will say on here

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I love my Borla

Regarding the OP I would go with the true duals though

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Both the LM1 and LM2 on STOCK manifolds sounds pretty good IMO.

If you plan on getting LTs though, it will become extremely loud. Remove the cats and it becomes even louder.

Red
    1999 Trans Am ws.6

Ide go with the true duels with the moroso mufflers that what i have and it has a deep throughty sound with no drone,,but it does get really loud at wot

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

I have american racing long tube headers and slp loudmouth 2...I absolutely love it im sure my neighbors dont on a cold start when i ahve 2 leave for work at 445 in the morning but they love the car as well and understand...but a lot of heads r turned and everybody will no something big is coming down the street if u go with loudmouth...i thought about true duals but i think ima just do cut outs after teh headers instead =P..... i also ahve a friend with an 01 ws6 has cooks long tubes and slp with no cats and when ever we driven next 2 each other its just car alarms goin off down the whole road...

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by 02blckws6 View Post
    I have american racing long tube headers and slp loudmouth 2...I absolutely love it im sure my neighbors dont on a cold start when i ahve 2 leave for work at 445 in the morning but they love the car as well and understand...but a lot of heads r turned and everybody will no something big is coming down the street if u go with loudmouth...i thought about true duals but i think ima just do cut outs after teh headers instead =P..... i also ahve a friend with an 01 ws6 has cooks long tubes and slp with no cats and when ever we driven next 2 each other its just car alarms goin off down the whole road...
    you just sold me

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    you just sold me
    I am running LT's with true duals and no mufflers....I wouldnt say it sounds good. If you have ever been to a Nascar event well there ya go

I Think I will be putting mufflers on it at some point soon to make it sound better.

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Dude11 View Post
    Im about to buy an exhaust system. I like the slp loudmouth 1 and the tsp true duals. I cant decide which to buy. If you like the true duals, which mufflers do you perfer? It going on a bone stock T/A ws6. Thanks for the help.
    Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix, I have an SLP LM I on my stock WS 6, 6M ragtop and I think it sounds geat. It's loud when you first start it but it quiets down while driving. I noticed that at about 2000 RPM's it gets a nice resonance ( ? ) that sounds awesome goin thru the tunnels on the PA tpk. If you keep your foot out of it it's not too loud for cruzin around town. It will wake up though when you step on the loud pedal though.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

the loud pedal hahaha yes!

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 02blckws6 View Post

Haha +1 but go with the 1-7/8

Black
    2001 Formula

I got the tsp true duals with dynomax mufflers. Its got a nice tone just cruising around. At wot it screams

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 02ragtop t/a View Post
    Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix, I have an SLP LM I on my stock WS 6, 6M ragtop and I think it sounds geat. It's loud when you first start it but it quiets down while driving. I noticed that at about 2000 RPM's it gets a nice resonance ( ? ) that sounds awesome goin thru the tunnels on the PA tpk. If you keep your foot out of it it's not too loud for cruzin around town. It will wake up though when you step on the loud pedal though.
    I smiled when i read this, as it is EXACTLY the situation i was unhappy with and wanted to change on my car! I had the LT's/Y/ and a LM2 and am SO much happier with the magnaflow bullet in place of the LM2 and so it just goes to show how subjective all of this can be..eh??!! Or maybe i am just an old git......?

Having said that a friend of mine described a good go on the gas pedal as "a real nice bark to it" Best of both worlds maybe??

Trev... )

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    I smiled when i read this, as it is EXACTLY the situation i was unhappy with and wanted to change on my car! I had the LT's/Y/ and a LM2 and am SO much happier with the magnaflow bullet in place of the LM2 and so it just goes to show how subjective all of this can be..eh??!! Or maybe i am just an old git......?

Having said that a friend of mine described a good go on the gas pedal as "a real nice bark to it" Best of both worlds maybe??

Trev... )
    My car doesn't bark so much as " wails " when you " put the pedal to the metal ". It almost sounds like a Ferrari at the higher RPM's (above 4500), I guess that's due to the single pipe. My '75 T/A with a 455/4spd had true duals on it that literally "rumbled" when I drove it around. (stock manifolds into 2 1/4 pipe into little 12" long glasspacks (yup, 12") with 2 1/4 tails). That car just sounded awesome! But again, they are 2 totally different sounds. I would like to put true duals on my 'vert to recreate that "rumble" but I guess I'll have to bite for the LSX 454 setup.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

I had a loudmouth on my car in stock trim, and it was great. It only got too loud(if there is suck a thing) with full throttle upper rpm driving. It was pretty civilized cruising around town.
    When I added long tubes and an MS3 cam, it was too much even for me. If you drive this car every day, it will get old after a while. The car sounds sick, but forget the radio and any conversation inside the car. I installed a couple of single chamber shorty mufflers at the tail pipe to go with the LM, and now the car has what I think is the perfect tone.
    LS6 2.5 heads, OBX LT's, LM1, MS3 cam, 12 bolt Moser, Koni 4/4's, UMI EVERYTHING!
    My build thread:http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123827
    My Halloween Forum http://www.hauntersnation.com

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Haha +1 but go with the 1-7/8
    Yesir thats what i got!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

id go with the Tsp true duals for the better performance and better sounding car...

BLACK
    00 TRANS AM M6

Loudmouth 1 is the way to go, I drove dis guys 98 Camaro SS M6 iT was nasty!! It sounds alot better than the stock Flowmaster on my TA. Im going to buy the Loudmouth 1 resonator from WS6STORE, and have a muffler shop make a y pipe and flange it so,i can swap mufflers.Why pay OVER $300.00 for the complete kit?
    Last edited by BADHAWK209; 08-16-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information