loss of performance i need advice

This is a discussion on loss of performance i need advice within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey guys im in kinda a pickle here. my trans am wont do a burn out on dry asphault anymore..i ...

red
    1995 pontiac trans am

Angry loss of performance i need advice

hey guys im in kinda a pickle here. my trans am wont do a burn out on dry asphault anymore..i dont't know why eiether. it was just fine yesterday now it wont it only goes to 2k and wont down shift or throw u back in your seat when u romp it. does anyone have any ideas to what the problem would be?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Does that year have traction control?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Maybe its time for a basic tune up, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, MAF cleaner, TB cleaner, fuel system cleaner etc.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Maybe its time for a basic tune up, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, MAF cleaner, TB cleaner, fuel system cleaner etc.
    This. "Loss of power" is a pretty broad issue, the way you speak I assume you have an auto? I'd just go with what this guy said and see where that gets you. The T/C could have also caused an inability to burn out but I assume you would have noticed that considering you said you were fine the other day.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

clutch slippage?

red
    1995 pontiac trans am

i just did plugs and oil and have an all right air filter like on the side of the engine wheree the alternator is it makes this fan sound almost like the ratiator yet different. could it be the alternator? i also have a transmision performance button but thats always off. ya its wierd almost like there could be a hole in my exhaust sound when i step on it. i dont see one though just an all around basic tune up u would say? or i bought the spark plugs from the computer store at wallmart. told me the size and kind. were they already gapped at the right setting or did i need to gap them myself? i dont know im like so bummed i really need some help.......

red
    1995 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    This. "Loss of power" is a pretty broad issue, the way you speak I assume you have an auto? I'd just go with what this guy said and see where that gets you. The T/C could have also caused an inability to burn out but I assume you would have noticed that considering you said you were fine the other day.

yes it is an auto and in first gear from the start it wont down shift and take off like it usually does i dont know what the deal is my oil pressure dropped down to 40-45 constant and when i romp it its at 80 yet some times its at 80 constant then even over the 80 line. i dont know its all messed up im lost...

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    yes it is an auto and in first gear from the start it wont down shift and take off like it usually does i dont know what the deal is my oil pressure dropped down to 40-45 constant and when i romp it its at 80 yet some times its at 80 constant then even over the 80 line. i dont know its all messed up im lost...
    Erm...? I guess I'm a tad confused at your expectations considering. Sorry man, I'll think and hope someone else has some insight.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

im slightly confused also.
    it wont downshift when its in first after you take off from a stop?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would say take it to a GM performance shop and let one of the tech's test drive it and they can probably tell you right off since it's hard to get all the problems across over a comp. Just my recommendation with all you have going on.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I would say take it to a GM performance shop and let one of the tech's test drive it and they can probably tell you right off since it's hard to get all the problems across over a comp. Just my recommendation with all you have going on.

Thread Information