Looking to buy a WS6, any input would be great!

Hi all,

Im thinking of buying a 99 WS6 black on tan. 50k miles. 6 speed. Really good shape other than the hood schoop is fading, so the hood needs to be repainted.
    Is that normal? what is a good price for this car?

What should i be watching for? Its a 1 owner car. Tranny and diff fluids are still original.

Im looking for a decent summer car( have a jeep GC for the winter months), i did have a 2000 Auto vette before, had a couple problems with it and it also had over 105k miles so im looking for a change.

Thanks!

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Talking

I bought a 99 ws6 m6 black in november with under 23,000 miles and I was prepared to pay and it cost me $18500. Always garage kept and all original no mods at all. This might give you an idea on a range. Not sure about hood fading but doesn't sound normal. I'm also new here but from what I've read on here is head light gears get stripped and some door cracks and a few other I just can't remember at moment. For me it wouldn't of made any difference on problems cause they all can be fixed and these cars are just kick ass.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Oh before you deside to buy drive it and not just once.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I'll sell ya mine for 18k

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Last November, I purchased a 2000 WS6, 6 spd, RamAir. It has full length ceramic coated headers, 3" exhaust all the way out the back, a Midwest Chassis fab'd rearend with 4.10 gears, linelock on the shifter knob, Lingenfelter launch control module, driveshaft loop, ported and polished throttle body, new lower control arms, fab'd torque arm, adjustable panhard bar, electric exhaust cutout, New LS7 clutch, new LS2 flywheel, headlight fix kit-brass, Flowmaster "B" exhaust, 4 rebuilt brake calipers, New rotors and pads, Eibach racing springs, traction control delete, skip shift eliminator and 105K miles.....all for 12K. Red with black interior, and the leather looks perfect. I bought it on E Bay. My only complaint was that every now and then when I turned the key, ......nothing. I replaced the starter and it stopped.....mostly. It now only does it once every couple months, but it hasn't left me stranded like it use to. I love my car. I think I got a really good deal....go slow, don't get in a hurry, good things come to those who wait!

2002 CETA m6

^^^yes, good things do come to those who wait, make sure you browse a number of places before the final purchase, theres always a better deal somewhere...especially with these cars

SOM
    2001 SOM WS6 408

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Last November, I purchased a 2000 WS6, 6 spd, RamAir. It has full length ceramic coated headers, 3" exhaust all the way out the back, a Midwest Chassis fab'd rearend with 4.10 gears, linelock on the shifter knob, Lingenfelter launch control module, driveshaft loop, ported and polished throttle body, new lower control arms, fab'd torque arm, adjustable panhard bar, electric exhaust cutout, New LS7 clutch, new LS2 flywheel, headlight fix kit-brass, Flowmaster "B" exhaust, 4 rebuilt brake calipers, New rotors and pads, Eibach racing springs, traction control delete, skip shift eliminator and 105K miles.....all for 12K. Red with black interior, and the leather looks perfect. I bought it on E Bay. My only complaint was that every now and then when I turned the key, ......nothing. I replaced the starter and it stopped.....mostly. It now only does it once every couple months, but it hasn't left me stranded like it use to. I love my car. I think I got a really good deal....go slow, don't get in a hurry, good things come to those who wait!
    VATS....do a search. Soon it may not start at all like mine did.

Black
    02 WS6 TA

Mine did the same thing for a while and it did leave me stranded, it was VATS, one of the two white wires that come from the ignition broke from me raising and lowering my tilt steering all the time. Now that I know that I could of saved myself $300 almost $400 by splicing the little bastard back together

NBM
    2002 Firehawk T/A

Search, i was looking for a C-5 Z O 6 With low miles and couldnt afford one, then i found an 02 Hawk w/ 9,400 miles. I paid 23,000, maybe i could have found a better deal, dont know, i wanted low miles and that what i got. I got it in 05

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cityhunter View Post
    Hi all,

Im thinking of buying a 99 WS6 black on tan. 50k miles. 6 speed. Really good shape other than the hood schoop is fading, so the hood needs to be repainted.

What should i be watching for? Its a 1 owner car. Tranny and diff fluids are still original.

C
    Im looking for a decent summer car( have a jeep GC for the winter months), i did have a 2000 Auto vette before, had a couple problems with it and it also had over 105k miles so im looking for a change.

Thanks!
    an buy the for 12 and under around here now in TX now. Paint fade is from not enought washing aand waxing and the fiberglass hood doesn't help. Just didn;t take good enough care of the paint I see if all the time. Usually $400 to $500 if it's peeling bas for a hood paint at a quality shop.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

A little over a year ago i spent 3 and a half months searchin for the perfect one and sure enough i searched ebay one day, and there she was. 2000 WS6 with 13000 miles for 16800. people tell me on a weekly basis that i got a steal. Moral of the story, wait till it feels perfect, i believe a car like this speaks out to you when you see the right one.

2001 Trans Am WS-6 - SOLD

I've got a 2001 WS-6 6-speed for sale in Charlotte, NC. Here's a link to my ad on the forum: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115764

black/black/silver
    00ws6/68camaro/06SRT8

Love mine

Bought my 2000 ws6 2yrs. ago and love it 11000 miles for 16000 never seen rain. I think the ws6 go for more so check the door for ws6 code and run a carfax its worth the money and allows you to negotiate if there is a history. It took me 6 months to find mine and I knew it was the one. Good luck.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhunter View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks!
    98 and newer ws6 cars are a great machine--at 50k you might wnat to swap out the fluids--i did mine at 20k with ams oil products--bought my 99- 3 yrs ago for 22500 and never looked back

I bought my 98 ws6 m6 in april with 22,000 miles for a 12,700 steal. Car is mint and I love it. Good luck.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Bought my 2000 TA for $13500 two years ago with 40,000 miles. I now have 81000. Still runs like a champ.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I am on my third TA (2nd WS6) and I love them. Minor issues are the only problems I have had. Just keep looking till you get a good deal

black
    2002 trans am

i bought mine in april it had 47xxx miles and had some mods it is a 02 ws6 i only paid 12,500 for it i think i got a steal and found it on ebay

black
    2002 trans am

i also had that problem my mechanic told me the starter was getting heat sink or something like that i ahd to replace it and has not left me stranded since

Thread Information