Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

Looking For Aggresive Exhaust w/ STOCK Engine!!!

I'm looking into getting an exhaust for my 02' ws6 T/A. I wanna get that muscle sound from my STOCK engine. I know that there'a a crap load of them out there. I've checked the ls1sounds website but i just can't make up my mind which one to go for? Any suggestions? Catback? Duals? Cutouts?

Flowmaster? SLP's? Magnaflow? Dynomouth?

Forgive my ignorace, but i checked the SLP Loudmouth and liked the way they sound. But looking at the package it seems that there's no mufflers do they get eliminated with that package? Or is that package added on to my existing muffler?

Any help or advise at this point from you guys will help alot!

NBM
    '99 Z28

I have the LM it gives you the muscle sound. And you are correct there is no muffler but a resonator instead.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

it depends how much you want to spend. i would suggest getting some stainless steel long tube headers by Kooks, qtp or Stainless works. Dual cut outs into an off road x pipe with two mufflers would make any V8 sound ridiculous. I wish i could afford to get some LT's....
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    it depends how much you want to spend. i would suggest getting some stainless steel long tube headers by Kooks, qtp or Stainless works. Dual cut outs into an off road x pipe with two mufflers would make any V8 sound ridiculous. I wish i could afford to get some LT's....
    Dual cutouts on a stock motor isn't worth ANY power. All noise.
    Although I like the idea of duals with longtubes. Sounds great and flows the best.

If you plan on getting headers at some point...avoid the Loudmouth.
    Avoid the Flowmaster period.
    I like the Magnaflow system.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

hooker system. not loud till you get on it
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

white
    98 Trans Am

I have a stock motor and the original Loudmouth. Love the sound! Its the third cat back I've had and what I will stay with.

Gold
    2001 trans am ws6

i got pacesetter long tubes with magnaflow (no cats) nice melow sound when just cruising threw town but loud as balls when you step on it love the sound cant wait till cam

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I got a flowmaster. I like how it sounds, but I guess everyone on here says they don't flow well. I haven't driven a car with anything else so I dunno. kinda sucks finding out after you get it. oh well, it works for now and sounds good.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mykota00 View Post
    i got pacesetter long tubes with magnaflow (no cats) nice melow sound when just cruising threw town but loud as balls when you step on it love the sound cant wait till cam
    my future setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    my future setup!
    same here, i heard a clip of a T/A doing a drive by and MANNNN, sounded soooo sweet!!!

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Im convinced magnaflow sounds the best, I wonder what it sounds like with Hooker LT's? I'd go to ls1sounds but its a little late and i dont wanna wake people up.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Kooks lts with Corsa catback...if you got the money. Its the setup I have and is definately muscle car sounding and loud as hell but without all the interior resonance while cruising on the highway.

Gold
    2001 trans am ws6

if you ever decide to lower your ride go with with the pacesetter they dont sit as low as other headers when i go over low speedbumps im about 1/2 inch away from scraping

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

Many Of You Guys Seem To Like The Loudmouth Exhaust System And The Magnaflow Equally... Which One Would Give Me Better Sound And Best Bang For The Buck? I Plan To Get Either One Of These Ordered By This Week CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER STOCK SOUND ON MY CAR IS KILLING ME!!!

If I Were To Go W/ The Loudmouths... Would I Have A Problem Passing Inspection Due To The Misssing Muffler?

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I gotta say Hooker. I absolutely love mine. I have had it for over 2yrs now with no rust issues. I put it on when the car was stock & it just keeps gettin better with more mods. Also is one of the highest flowing cat-backs on the market.

white
    98 Trans Am

Never heard the Magnaflows in person, but like stated earlier I love the LM sound. Very aggressive. I still have the stock manifolds, but have done a couple minor motor mods. My wife drives my 98 alot and she even loves the sound. If she is in the gas, I can usually hear her a couple blocks from the house. LM also has the new modular systems with different noise levels. As far as passing inspection, I can't say. In Ohio we have "E-Check", which includes visual and OBDII checks. I registered my 98 T/A and 87 Grand National with "collector" plates, so I don't have to worry about the inspections.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

If you plan on LT's in the future don't go Loudmouth unless you just want loud. they sure don't sound very refined with full exhaust. Just uncontrolled noise in my opinion.

Hollowed cats with a flowmaster!

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

Quote Originally Posted by TAvsGN View Post
    Never heard the Magnaflows in person, but like stated earlier I love the LM sound. Very aggressive. I still have the stock manifolds, but have done a couple minor motor mods. My wife drives my 98 alot and she even loves the sound. If she is in the gas, I can usually hear her a couple blocks from the house. LM also has the new modular systems with different noise levels. As far as passing inspection, I can't say. In Ohio we have "E-Check", which includes visual and OBDII checks. I registered my 98 T/A and 87 Grand National with "collector" plates, so I don't have to worry about the inspections.

THOSE LM'S YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ARE THOSE THE LMI OR LMII? SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY REGULATE THE SOUND WITH THAT MODULAR SYSTEM? WHICH ONES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? I PLAN TO STAY WITH MY STOCK MANIFOLD FOR A WHILE SO I'M NOT REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THE CRAZY LOUD I WOULD GET WITH LT'S.

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

LM1 is on my stock manifolds with no cats, and i love it, very mellow just cruising around, and then i get the WTF!? factor come from guys that i toy around with coming up next to them and dropping it from 4th to 2nd and taking off sideways....they then follow me and ask what the hell kind of exhaust i have because it surprised the hell out of them. Gets em everytime.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information