Looking for f body

looking at this 99 formula

Looks pretty good to me but gonna go see it in person hopefully the end of the week. What should I offer?

http://www.a1autosalesathens.com/veh...?vid=133680160

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by nochey View Post
    Looks pretty good to me but gonna go see it in person hopefully the end of the week. What should I offer?

http://www.a1autosalesathens.com/veh...?vid=133680160
    Hrm, I'd have to see it in person to give an offer worth listening to but assuming it checks out completely, ~75k miles.... eh..
    idk like, 9-10? I'm not too good on these so have someone else tell ya xD. Formulas are harder to come by clearly, but that doesn't mean pay 16 or anything for it.
    Good find though man, good luck.
    Last edited by Ant71130; 05-16-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Looking for f body

Its priced at $8995

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Its priced at $8995
    See how much I know?
    Unless that was listed and I just didn't read it.
    haha may I say start at 6 and go from there? =P

Looking for f body

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    See how much I know?
    Unless that was listed and I just didn't read it.
    haha may I say start at 6 and go from there? =P
    Hahaha yeah
    The problem is i'm told these are rare so not sure how much to start at.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Hahaha yeah
    The problem is i'm told these are rare so not sure how much to start at.
    They're rareR, but idk about just rare atm. If it's listed at about 9, to be honest, I'd offer 7500 for it. He laughs, go to 8 but play the , this is the actual offer, game. From there you can haggle all you want. Point is alwasy though, what's it worth to you? I mean if you really want it, and don't even care about paying 9 for it, then treat it as just wanting to save a little money. You could probably take it home for 8400.

Looking for f body

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    They're rareR, but idk about just rare atm. If it's listed at about 9, to be honest, I'd offer 7500 for it. He laughs, go to 8 but play the , this is the actual offer, game. From there you can haggle all you want. Point is alwasy though, what's it worth to you? I mean if you really want it, and don't even care about paying 9 for it, then treat it as just wanting to save a little money. You could probably take it home for 8400.
    Yeah well hopefully i have my truck sold and should be done with that wednesday. Im gonna try to maybe go look at it thursday and see what i can do. Ive been looking at f bodys for about a year now.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Yeah well hopefully i have my truck sold and should be done with that wednesday. Im gonna try to maybe go look at it thursday and see what i can do. Ive been looking at f bodys for about a year now.
    Wow really? Well I guess youre bound to get a good deal. Make sure it all checks out, sure I don't need to walk ya through the testing lol. I got my first job inbetween colleges and as soon as I hit the 6 month time, looked at a cars app on my phone, found one 12 hours away I liked, went and grabbed it =P Downside? Paid a lot.
    A lot.

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

its got a "6 SPEED MANUEL"

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

it looks pretty clean miles arent bad at all either.. Id offer him 8. If it was a ws6 id offer more but its not.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Honestly, even 8999 doesn't sound horrible for it. It's got relatively low miles, and it's got t-s and the 6 speed, both desireable options. Plus it's black, which is another plus to most people.

It's hard to tell, but it looks pretty clean in the pics. Two things that jump out at me are that the factory floormats are still in it, red bird on tailight filler panel still looks nice and sharp.

And Formulas ARE rare, but it doesn't mean they're more desireable. Reason that they're rare is that everyone wanted the T/A when these were new. That also seems to still be the case. You could always play it off like you really want a T/A and are potentially settling for this one.

Are you actually looking for a Formula? Or just a nice LS1 F-Body? Personally, I probably WOULD pay a bit more for this car since it's a Formula, since I'm a big fan of them. I'm on my 2nd LS1 Formula. My first was a '98 M6 that looked exactly like the one you're looking at, expcept it didn't have the T's.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Hey I just bought a 98 WS6 6 speed manual with 41K for 12k last month. It has the SLP air box, pacesetter long tubes, and an SLP loudmouth exhaust. For this one I would stick around $8K.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Because it is "rare" dose not make it worth more in todays market, it is still a firebird formula not a trans am and should be priced acordingly. I picked up my 99 formula ws6 with 22k for just under 11 after taxs, but priceing where you are will most likely be diffrent, but I would not touch the car for anything above $7500

White
    1998 Trans Am

Considering my friend sold a 99 z28 m6 laoded with a couple bolt ons in great condition for $10,500 less than a year ago I'd say I'd got around $7500 to $8000 max out the door with tax and tags. that's if it looks as good in person. I was looking for a 6spd fbody for a dd since my TA is a.weekend toy and I can tell you from many personal experiences many look better in pics than when you get there. texasdirectauto is a no go everything I have seen their from cars to.trucks was a waste of a trip. not one looked as good in person I recently checked out.a roush stage 3 f150 for a work truck to tow my trailer and a weekend toy, let just say for $22k looked like macco did some body and paintwork on the bedside. check this car top to bottom dealers are the worst for.hiding damage I should know I do auto reconditioning at several large dealers in Houston making the bad look new again.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

99 Formula

offer 6500 , i paid 8000 for a 99 formula hardtop , 6 speed with ram air and ws6 rims , headers and full exhaust and lid . so . Also this has leather but check the door panels and pick the car apart , its black to check for scratches and swirls .

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I got my 98 T/a for $6500 3 yrs ago before prices started dropping.

Thread Information