BLACK
    98 ws6 6spd

looking for 98 ws6 interior production #'s

Hey Guy's, Hows it goin? I have a 98 ramair black ws6 six speed it has factory ordered tan leather interior (I believe GM call's it neutral) I have not seen any 98's with this tan leather interior I was wondering if any one else out there has a the same ride or knows where I can find some info. I really didn't think I would like the tan but it really looks nice and it,s a lot easier on the legs when it's 90 degrees!! Most high dollar european sports cars that are black come with tan interior. I was at the local dragway this last summer with about 20 other ws6's and one of the guy's told me he thought I had a rare vehivle, because the passenger seat was also partial power. You never know who to believe, any input would be appreciated.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

The only breakdown I've ever found on the '98s shows the # of tan interiors by model (Firebird, Firebird 'vert, Formula, T/A, T/A 'vert), but not by exterior color or other options (WS6 for example).

After I got my '98, the neighbor down the street picked up a black/tan interior '99 T/A A4. After about a year of drooling over my WS6 M6 'vert, he traded it in on a '00 Red WS6 M6. You are correct that black / tan interior looks nice.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

BLACK
    98 ws6 6spd

Thanks for the responce, where did you find the interior color information I have not been able to find any information on interior options at all.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ram98ta View Post
    Thanks for the responce, where did you find the interior color information I have not been able to find any information on interior options at all.
    I dug through my old hardcopy files and found that more detailed listing, looks like some guy had these breakdowns posted on his college web-page (no longer there, I just checked). I even found that I had printed out breakdowns for '94-'98 (I had printed these in 3/99, so that's all the years I have). Sometime I'll copy this info into a spreadsheet and post it for all.

Of the total 2565 '98 Firebirds w/ Taupe leather interiors, 1810 were TA coupes.

BLACK
    98 ws6 6spd

When you say T/A coupe does that include the Ws6 also or is that for all T/A's? Basically I'm just trying to gather production info on my vehicle. The guy I bought it from stated he had to wait 8 months or so for the vehicle because he special ordered the 1998 Black 6 speed Ws6 with the tan or taupe interio color. I did call the Dealership where he had purchased the vehicle but they where not to helpful, they did very that the guy I bought it from did purchase the vehicle new from them in late 98. It's a cherry looking car to this day I was kinda sad to see it roll to 40K miles this last summer I only drive her in the spring and summer and of course to the dragway on the weekends!!!!

black trans am

some one needs to find out how meany of the black trans am's have tan leather with the lumbar and racing seats... i have a 00 that is black with the tan... i looked for my car for like 1 year and a half (looking for a mint sbom) but i settled for black and tan... i agree that high end cars black shuld come with tan ... but its a hard to keep cleen

BLACK
    98 ws6 6spd

It took me about a year to find mine also, I bought it in 01 for $21,600 it had 22k miles and the owner was a T/A a freak he had the car in the garage side ways with mirrros on the wall and a huge picture of him and the car on the back wall. It has never seen rain or snow was only driven on sunnny days and I have treated it the same way. I have gotten caught in a few little showers but not for long (what is a sbom? I'm an old guy!).
    Like I stated earlier I have yet to see another 98 like mine with m6 black with tan interior.

Hey does anybody know what Wheels and Tires Mr.Luos is running on his black T/A I love the pic. of his vehicle in the mountains. (on the thread, show us your birds I think) Gotta get those wheels and tires I think the factory wheels are kinda chezzy! They should have done a more complete chrome job.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ram98ta View Post
    When you say T/A coupe does that include the Ws6 also or is that for all T/A's?
    Yes, TA coupes include both WS6 and non-WS6 cars.

Thread Information