Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

longtubes or ls6 intake?????whats your 2cents

This is a discussion on longtubes or ls6 intake?????whats your 2cents within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by michaelinchains ok im alittle confused..if i get the pacesetter headers & y-pipe for my `98 (w/ egr&air) ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    ok im alittle confused..if i get the pacesetter headers & y-pipe for my `98 (w/ egr&air) will i need 02sims?
    in my honest opinion, you should think about getting rid of the e.g.r. its a hassle but becomes beneficial in the long run. then you can run race headers and you wont have to worry about 02 sims and extentions....

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    yes youre right but the stock manifolds are WAY more restrictive compared to the difference between an ls1 intake and the ls6. if you pushed more air in first you would choke the motor out, think about it. if you have a more free and high flowing exhaust the sky is the limit as far as incoming air (so to speak). plus the intake manifold wont do too much more IMO opinion without a bigger throttle body.
    How would it chok out 2001-2002 has that setup factory?

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    How would it chok out 2001-2002 has that setup factory?
    what? im saying that more gains come from longtube headers with a stock intake than stock manifolds with an ls6 intake. the same goes for the ls6. it is just a mild upgrade from the ls1. if you had an 02, and you had the option of a f.a.s.t intake or longtubes, the gains would be larger for the intake, but inturn, you would choke the motor out even more, get it? on a n/a set up, its more difficult and more crucial to push the old a/f mixture out. you can easily pull more air in....

so i contend that you should do longtubes first. you can still make a ton of power with the ls1 manifold, so dont think that a larger intake is the end all be all. because it isnt. nice to have though....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information