Silver
    2000 Trans Am

LM2 vs Gibson Exhaust

I am getting close to buying a Catback and were wondering what you guys thought. I like the sound of the LM2. My Trans Am is 100% stock, I am getting a lid soon. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Gibson exhaust. Thanks.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am not aware of anyone on here that runs Gibson. My personal favorite is Magnaflow... which seems to run pretty high on most everyone's list.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Never heard of anyone running the Gibson either. I think they're more poular among truck owners.

IMO the only two real candidates for exhaust are SLP and Magnaflow. They're the only ones made of stainless that don't cost an arm and the leg, like Borla Corsa and GMMG.

I don't see the point in taking off the stock stainless and replacing it with an aluminzed sytem that's just going to rust out in a few years. Well depends on where you live I guess. New England winters just kill non stainless exhausts.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

get the LM2. you won't be disappointed. I love My LM 1 with my SLP Y pipe

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Gibson is a big name in the truck exhaust department.

Anything but SLP LM1/2 or Flowmaster and you will be good.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

I have the LM2 exhaust on my z28 and i love the exhaust. I'm actually looking into a exhaust for the t/a that i both for my wife and i was looking into a gibson exhaust and a tsp rumbler (decide to go with the tsp rumbler), becaue is cheaper and i think less restrictive, here is a video of a trans am with the gibson exhaust and another with the tsp rumbler exhaust.

t/a gibson exhaust

tsp rumbler exhaust
    Last edited by reaper ws6; 05-20-2011 at 10:35 PM.

I like my LM1 the best. I run it with Pacesetter long tubes and a Texas speed Catted Y pipe. Its actually very quiet until you get over 3 grand. Not my car below but same setup.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZUniKEMTg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you plan on keeping stock manifolds, I would say SLP LM1 or LM2 is a nice choice. If not, go with something else.

I run Kooks 1-7/8" LT's, Kooks 3" ORY, and LM2 and mine is insanely loud. There is also some drone at around 2200-2600 RPM which I don't like.

I plan on switching over to a new set-up probably next year after my funds replenish from this FI build I have going on.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If you plan on keeping stock manifolds, I would say SLP LM1 or LM2 is a nice choice. If not, go with something else.

I run Kooks 1-7/8" LT's, Kooks 3" ORY, and LM2 and mine is insanely loud. There is also some drone at around 2200-2600 RPM which I don't like.

I plan on switching over to a new set-up probably next year after my funds replenish from this FI build I have going on.
    Do you have any clips? I have been wanting to hear your setup. I bet the off road pipes make a huge difference.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Do you have any clips? I have been wanting to hear your setup. I bet the off road pipes make a huge difference.
    I don't unfortunately. My car is currently under construction and once I get it back it is not going to sound the same as it did prior to having the Procharger on it.

I also am not running catalytic converters, which makes it even louder and probably adds to the drone I'm experiencing.

I really loved the sound of the LM2 with stock manifolds. After I got the LT's, ORY, and removed the cats, the car became pretty loud. At WOT the car sounds ridiculously loud.

Cruising around under 3K the sound isn't overwhelming by any means. I'm able to easily have a conversation with the t-tops off and windows down.

It is a lot louder though then compared to most exhaust set-ups I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I don't unfortunately. My car is currently under construction and once I get it back it is not going to sound the same as it did prior to having the Procharger on it.

I also am not running catalytic converters, which makes it even louder and probably adds to the drone I'm experiencing.

I really loved the sound of the LM2 with stock manifolds. After I got the LT's, ORY, and removed the cats, the car became pretty loud. At WOT the car sounds ridiculously loud.

Cruising around under 3K the sound isn't overwhelming by any means. I'm able to easily have a conversation with the t-tops off and windows down.

It is a lot louder though then compared to most exhaust set-ups I've heard.
    My buddys Loudmouth/LTs with the off road y was at least twice as loud as mine side by side and cruising around. WOT it kind of evened out alittle but his was still louder.

Thread Information