Thread: a little help

black
    2000 Trans Am

a little help

I just recently bought a 2000 stick shift trans am...I am looking to do some mods mainly buying headers, intake, and exhaust...I found some Pace Setters(headers) and I am still working on the intake and exhaust...My question is are the pace setters a good brand and any recommendatins for intake and exhaust...anyone have an idea how much hp this would add?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

pacesetters are good, alot of members here run them.
    as for intakes, get the ls6 intake. the hooker exhaust will sound tits with pacesetters. above could net you around 40 rwhp.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black
    2000 Trans Am

any idea where i can find the ls6 intake? also the headers either read for "off road use only" or "not street legal"...does that mean that the cat has to come off?...if so would it be recommended that the cat comes off or stays on?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by antlop View Post
    any idea where i can find the ls6 intake? also the headers either read for "off road use only" or "not street legal"...does that mean that the cat has to come off?...if so would it be recommended that the cat comes off or stays on?
    All long tube and mid tube headers are smog illegal because you can't move the cats from their stock location. With or without cats you'll still need a new y-pipe for the longs/mids...if you have a sniffer test in texas cats are a must.

You can get a ls6 manifold on ebay, from the dealer and slp makes one with egr provisions. The bottom of the intake should be flat compared to the concaved look of the bottom of the ls1 manifold. Some people try to sell off their early vette ls1 manifold as a ls6 because it doesn't have the egr provision. If you get a standard ls6 manifold you'll need to remove your EGR.

black
    2000 Trans Am

i saw that on slp the ls6 manifolds but there are two one with restrictions and the other without...which once would work best

Thread Information