Results 1 to 17 of 17

light up middle tail light bird

This is a discussion on light up middle tail light bird within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; so i have seen it on videos and pictures but i cant find it. u know in the middle of ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4

    Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    light up middle tail light bird

    so i have seen it on videos and pictures but i cant find it. u know in the middle of your tail light wher u have the bird sticker and the words trans am over it? welli have seen some guys with a light up rear light back there, whe it is not a brake light, but it lights up when u turn the headlights on. i was wondering if these are custome made or if u could buy them somewhere. i have a video of it but it is to big to post..i will take a snapshot and post shortly. thanks for all advice

  2. #2
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    They are all custom made and the guy wont make them. I asked him myself(the guy who did it first)

    You basically have to get some good quality lexan and form it to the shape of the filler panel and then cut out the mounts and glue them on.

  3. #3
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Pics???

  4. #4
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    isn't the write up a sticky? might take some money but you can do it. didn't seem horribly hard

  5. #5
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    isn't the write up a sticky? might take some money but you can do it. didn't seem horribly hard
    The write up is for the front plate bird. Not the rear center piece.

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Yeah the original guy had a firehawk with the xtinct license plate. Cant find it

  7. #7
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    The write up is for the front plate bird. Not the rear center piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Yeah the original guy had a firehawk with the xtinct license plate. Cant find it
    your right SandmanWs7. i thought i saw it here, but it was on ls1tech.com. same guy with the xtinct plate josh mentioned. here ya go: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...anel-pics.html

    to the op: i think he rigged it for the brakes, but if you talk to some guys here i'm sure you can figure out how to utilize your parking lamps. shouldnt be too hard. i'd offer advice, but i havent done anything like this yet. good luck, hope that helps
    Last edited by BirdCountry02; 05-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.

  8. #8
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    your right SandmanWs7. i thought i saw it here, but it was on ls1tech.com. same guy with the xtinct plate josh mentioned. here ya go: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...anel-pics.html

    to the op: i think he rigged it for the brakes, but if you talk to some guys here i'm sure you can figure out how to utilize your parking lamps. shouldnt be too hard. i'd offer advice, but i havent done anything like this yet. good luck, hope that helps
    Looks do-able and I do have an extra center piece

  9. #9
    I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,066

    yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

    that does look pretty trick

  10. #10
    Manhattan Trans Am SHovV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182

    Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

    thats awesome

    18x12 Classics w/335's and room for 345's

  11. #11
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    don't sunfire's have lit up rear fillers, stock? definately should have came factory. looks tight

  12. #12
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    don't sunfire's have lit up rear fillers, stock? definately should have came factory. looks tight
    Yup.

  13. #13
    Junior Member Firebird98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    51

    Mystic Teal
    1998 Firebird

    Man that's sweet looking.

    Btw, what kind of spoiler has he got on the rear hatch? I've never seen anything like that.
    1998 Firebird, 17" chrome ZR1 rims, 275s front and back, magnaflow exhaust, LED green accents on exterior, blue neon accents in interior, new Sony sound system; replaced all stock speakers, two 12s, two tweeters, Xplod 1600 watt amp, and Xplod radio head unit

  14. #14
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    I'm gonna bug Afterthoughts about this. They came up with the clear front plate which can be masked and painted, i'm sure they can get a plastics company to form something like this for the tail in clear plastic too. It's way bigger than a front plate though, sooooo it could get pricey

  15. #15
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    don't sunfire's have lit up rear fillers, stock? definately should have came factory. looks tight
    yes, the 2 door's would light up "sunfire" above the license plate. I believe some of the fieros gt's lit up "pontiac" in their filler from the factory also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird98 View Post
    Man that's sweet looking.

    Btw, what kind of spoiler has he got on the rear hatch? I've never seen anything like that.
    the ugliest firehawk spoiler ever made

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I'm gonna bug Afterthoughts about this. They came up with the clear front plate which can be masked and painted, i'm sure they can get a plastics company to form something like this for the tail in clear plastic too. It's way bigger than a front plate though, sooooo it could get pricey
    Please do. . . because I agree with you, this is something that should have came stock. I like this better than the front license mod. Im gonna try to get a spare filler and try it!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    yes, the 2 door's would light up "sunfire" above the license plate. I believe some of the fieros gt's lit up "pontiac" in their filler from the factory also.
    i have an 02 sunfire im trying to sell. it says pontiac above the plate. i took off the wing and the 3rd brake light was part of the wing, so i wired the 'pontiac' as my 3rd brake light. it was pretty sweet.

  17. #17
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    that does look pretty trick
    +1, way cool!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tail Light, Head Light Lens Cleanup, Body Work Questions
    By MAXX2 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 09:15 AM
  2. Wanted: Tail light
    By 98 Trans-am in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM
  3. Tail light
    By edrvsqz1980 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  4. T/A Rear Tail Light Bird?
    By Sunset T/A in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
  5. acrylic bird or light up bird outline....or both?
    By third_shift|studios in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •