Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Letting the Gf drive your Bird?

This is a discussion on Letting the Gf drive your Bird? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; lol my bad. camaro. i always do that. no disrespect brother....

Black
    99 Trans am Convertible

lol my bad. camaro. i always do that. no disrespect brother.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by shanepatrick1230 View Post
    lol my bad. camaro. i always do that. no disrespect brother.
    Its just an obervation... It doesn't sound like an e.. just always wondered where that came from... I've even seen it on the cards identifying a Camaro at a car show that the OWNER wrote when it spells it out right there on the car... :
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Its just an obervation... It doesn't sound like an e.. just always wondered where that came from... I've even seen it on the cards identifying a Camaro at a car show that the OWNER wrote when it spells it out right there on the car... :
    If you think about it, look at the spelling of "Camera". I can see how some people can mistake it for and e.

Impounded

maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

No sir...my girl has had 2 rear end collisions this year...and she has a lead foot.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

i would be way too nervous letting my girlfriend drive my t/a, i have had alot of girls ask and i tell them no and i'll take them to an empty parking lot and do donuts instead.

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 GTO

I got an emissions inspection last weekend and i was nervous about letting the inspector drive it around the parking lot for the safety check. I could hear my exhaust growling from in the waiting area, i could tell he was having fun in it. As for my wife driving it...not gonna happen.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I let my gf drive my 98 twice. She said she thought her dads pickup was faster( 03 Ford f-250 powerstroke) So I told her to get in and about a mile later she didn't wanna drive anymore. She didn't even get on it! Than the week before I sold it I let her drive again and told her to give it hell. She gave it one OK shot, and said" I like being spanked, but not the way you will if I wreck your baby!"lol

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

no no... dad only.. he cosigned.. so.... thats some leeway... but it scares the shit outta him.. he wont hardly get on it.. he took it for a pass or too at the track. but im traction impaired.. so he wont step on it under 50 on the street..

Also Available In Sober! 2002 WS6's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Would I let my girlfriend drive the Trans Am?

Let's see here.... If I was attacked by aliens (in some secluded area where there was no cellular coverage), and my two legs were severed off and blood was gushing everywhere; Yes - I would ask her to drive the Trans Am (since it's super-fast and very-reliable) to the nearest hospital, making sure she drags me behind the car so that I don't bleed all over the interior.

That (or any other version of this story) would be the only time she would have permission.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i bought my car for my wife. i have even taught her how to dodge water puddles in town shes very respectful with the hawk. but my son doesnt like me to drive his 94z but wants me to help him work on it all the time go figure.

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

I only trust my boyfriend with my car and vice versa. So, YES

I feel like a guy now. I rarely let my boyfriend drive my car and when he does im always freaking out. Even though he has a ls1 truck. I just dont want him to hurt my baby:]

Pewter
    02 WS-6 w/ Ram Air

My wife drives the ws-6 more than I do sometimes. She doesn't run it as hard as I do though. We both enjoy it alot.

Black
    '99 TA

Yeah, my wife likes my T/A, and approves the big ticket stuff ( 9 inch, hood, heads, wheels) with little resistance so she drives it to work now and then in the summer. Plus, last year I was coming home from work and I saw her headed home in it. T-tops off, shiny, cam loping at the stop light and she loooooked good in it. Oops gotta go, gettin' a lil' chub thinkin' about it!!!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

My wife is not allowed to drive my car. She calls it a Camaro, and thinks that a car is a car is a car. Unless of course it's the 68 or whatever year it is blue Stingray that she's wanted since she was a kid. And since she thinks my T/A is "just a car" there are always arguements whenever I spend money on it. I do let my parents drive it on occasion though, since both have owned 60's and 70's muscle cars at one time or another. Other than them, no one else is allowed to drive it, and my sister in law and her husband aren't even allowed to sit in it at all. I'm afraid they'll break my seats or kill the suspension.

Red
    04 GTO

I've had mine 2 1/2 years and I haven't found the time (and I never will) to teach my wife how to drive a standard, she can stick to driving the Tahoe....

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

My gf said she can't drive stick because it's too much to remember while driving.

We had this convo when she was driving to work on her cell phone putting on her makeup and eating lunch.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    My gf said she can't drive stick because it's too much to remember while driving.

We had this convo when she was driving to work on her cell phone putting on her makeup and eating lunch.
    She's right having to shift your own gears while doing all of that WOULD be tough! hence a better reason to not let her drive it... "i'm sorry i skinned the wheels but i was dripping salad dressing on the seats and it almost got on my skirt!"

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

My girl grabbed my keys once and jumped in so i got in the passenger seat and she started it up. She had a 97 5 spd M3 for like 2 weeks that i taught her to drive but she didnt feel like having to shift all the time, haha.

She put it in first and i was like you "sure you want to do this" and she replied "im scared". I laughed and she shut it off. Maybe next time.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

it depends on the girl, and how she drives, but either way it would require her to earn it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information