Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141

Lets give GM a reason to build the new T/A

This is a discussion on Lets give GM a reason to build the new T/A within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My opinion only.... but The 4th gen TA was the best model TA ever built. They got so many things ...

  1. #61
    Member jamessr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    266

    White
    2000 Trans AM

    My opinion only.... but
    The 4th gen TA was the best model TA ever built. They got so many things right.. and a few wrong but I love my car and I can't complain. Even though the TA can still be bought second hand, I still love the fact its a " I have one and you don't" type car and every year its getting better. I plan to keep mine until the tire fall off, then I'll put new ones on. If GM decides to make a new, its ok I guess. If its nice and worth it I'll buy one. However I won't buy a TA for the fact of being loyal to GM. As far as I'm concerned loyalty went out the door when they stopped making them.

    Once again +1 for Ford and loyalty to thier customers

  2. #62
    Fuzzbuster Jr. fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cave Run Lake area, Kentucky
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,002

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jamessr View Post
    Once again +1 for Ford and loyalty to thier customers
    Yes.. but GM dropped the 4th gens do to poor sales. They didn't sell as good as they thought they would. GM did what it thought was best for it's customers and tried to offer us something else. May have not worked well either.. but they didn't drop it just to tick us off. GM likes it's customers too.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    90

    Pewter
    2001/WS6

    wont be made but the pics are sweet.

  4. #64
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    IF, and I do mean IF the new camaro does well then you can probably expect pontiac to follow with a new bird. I for one hope this will happen but unlike most people on here I'm not going to say they are or are not going to build it. It all depends on the sales of the sister car I'm sure. I do however know that pontiac said they are going to eather re-release another gto or a new firebird but none of us (besides the big wigs at gm) can know what the the next few years will bring.

  5. #65
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    IF, and I do mean IF the new camaro does well then you can probably expect pontiac to follow with a new bird. I for one hope this will happen but unlike most people on here I'm not going to say they are or are not going to build it. It all depends on the sales of the sister car I'm sure. I do however know that pontiac said they are going to eather re-release another gto or a new firebird but none of us (besides the big wigs at gm) can know what the the next few years will bring.
    There was a press release that stated fact that they will not make a Firebird.. they are moving away from the performance side that they were gearing toward and are going for economy now.. so don't expect anything fast or powerful for a while...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

  6. #66
    The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51

    Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Last of the breed. Let it end with us. I can't think of how they could improve it any more. If you wanted to make it faster you come just slapped on TT's and it would beat anything on the street. This car has enough power and get great gas mileage the way it is. Anything that would change that would be a bastagization of a beautiful car.

    I give GM 10 years and they will be out of business. They have made way too many mistakes over the years. The only vehicle that I would buy is a Vette. But, my better half and 99.9% of the people out there wouldn't own one. So, how can you keep a company alive on that?
    Buy the camaro and firebird then.
    Has anyone seen the concept by Kevin Morgan?

  7. #67
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird89 View Post
    Buy the camaro and firebird then.
    Has anyone seen the concept by Kevin Morgan?
    Yep.. met him in person.. he was on last year's Bandit Run.. got a copy of all his concepts.

  8. #68
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'd put money on it that the bird will come back stronger than ever. They're just waiting it out to see what they need to do to make it dominant. Why do think they called it the Firebird? A Phoenix will always be re-born.
    4 bucks per gallon of gas, keep dreaming.

  9. #69
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey67 View Post
    Face it guys, GM will not build a Firebird. In the past, GM had too many "like" models based on the same theme with different badging... Why do you think they phased out Oldsmobile? This has hurt GM for some time. It all comes down to sales. As far as the G8? I'd bet you will see more of these on the road than the new Camaro. Not everyone is into this whole retro thing. Like it or not, lackluster sales killed the the 4th gen. .
    above is the total truth.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  10. #70
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    Click for full size

    kitt is back baby. lol

  11. #71
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    Click for full size

    i love that old school firebird on the back

  12. #72
    rapter34
    Guest
    I have a feeling that the new CAFE regulations and hype about fuel economy will do to performance cars what cats and fuel shortages did to them in the 70's. our cars will become classics. the ones that people remember about the "good ol' days when men where men and cars breathed fire and smoked tires. God I feel old already.

  13. #73
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    i think everyone is overrating cafe....you know how the viper and ect. got out of emissions ...they pay the luxury tax...vettes and gm cars haven't because of skip shifts ect...the worst that will happen is people will have to pay luxury tax when buying a new muscle car.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Yes.. but GM dropped the 4th gens do to poor sales. They didn't sell as good as they thought they would. GM did what it thought was best for it's customers and tried to offer us something else. May have not worked well either.. but they didn't drop it just to tick us off. GM likes it's customers too.
    That was a small reason, the biggest reason is that the F body design could not keep up with the government safety regulations.


    Your right KITT is back and he's a frikin mustang!

    I did like the white car ok though.

    as for "i can't afford real muscle" i could have bought corvette the same price as i did my trans am. so shove it.

  15. #75
    Nightmare RedFenix_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cherry Point NC
    Posts
    475

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    all of you who say "the reason they dropped trans am and camaro this and that." are you kidding me. ok think of the real reason. what came out and hard in the late 90's such as '99. Oh i know pic me pic me uh duh fast and furious. hmmmmm now lets figure out how many of our friends we know knew, who had eclipses, integras, supras, blah blah blah, tuner this and that. tuners have been hot since then except up until '05. they began to die out. and what better way of a fade to dissappear than! well you name it, the risk taking ford company on their new "Mustang." and they have been running good since. now, dodge, gm, and other like companys wanna try to get involved. guess what. to late. ford has already started redesigning their beloved mustang yet again. and all the other companys are still playing catch up. so instead of being the late bloomer, hmmm lets think of a way to stay ahead of the game. i know! taking fucking risks. hmmm find peeps who are inventive, and look towards the future instead of the present. gm is already showing very good signs of failing and falling apart at an outstanding rate. so what better way than to try and go out with a bang. hit all areas of a car market at one time. find your strengths and weaknesses all at one time. hit the retro, wich is the present,and past. fuel saving, wich is the present, and future. hit technological advances, which is definitely future. i figure you just mise well get every area like i said a sec ago. mise well go out with a bang, letting your customers know you are and have tried every area. like every one has said T/A had its good run of 35 years. and camaro on the same level. so maybe its time to begin and look towards new muscle names. see which customers like what and go with the new era. i figure they should pull through with the banshee.

  16. #76
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    all of you who say "the reason they dropped trans am and camaro this and that." are you kidding me. ok think of the real reason. what came out and hard in the late 90's such as '99. Oh i know pic me pic me uh duh fast and furious. hmmmmm now lets figure out how many of our friends we know knew, who had eclipses, integras, supras, blah blah blah, tuner this and that. tuners have been hot since then except up until '05. they began to die out. and what better way of a fade to dissappear than! well you name it, the risk taking ford company on their new "Mustang." and they have been running good since. now, dodge, gm, and other like companys wanna try to get involved. guess what. to late. ford has already started redesigning their beloved mustang yet again. and all the other companys are still playing catch up. so instead of being the late bloomer, hmmm lets think of a way to stay ahead of the game. i know! taking fucking risks. hmmm find peeps who are inventive, and look towards the future instead of the present. gm is already showing very good signs of failing and falling apart at an outstanding rate. so what better way than to try and go out with a bang. hit all areas of a car market at one time. find your strengths and weaknesses all at one time. hit the retro, wich is the present,and past. fuel saving, wich is the present, and future. hit technological advances, which is definitely future. i figure you just mise well get every area like i said a sec ago. mise well go out with a bang, letting your customers know you are and have tried every area. like every one has said T/A had its good run of 35 years. and camaro on the same level. so maybe its time to begin and look towards new muscle names. see which customers like what and go with the new era. i figure they should pull through with the banshee.
    lol you are trying to say that a movie and it's following killed the f-body? that's way out in left field. No no truth is sales numbers killed it. Maybe some other factors but first and formost low sales. Trust me people who love imports will buy imports and people who love V-8's will buy them. No and I mean no movie is going to kill a whole lineup of cars. It's not like people were thinking of buying a camaro or bird then saw fast and furious and said oh hell imma get me a ricer instead. hahahahahaha.
    Oh and just incase you say that the movie caused low sales think of this they were falling before it even came out.

  17. #77
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    lol you are trying to say that a movie and it's following killed the f-body? that's way out in left field. No no truth is sales numbers killed it. Maybe some other factors but first and formost low sales. Trust me people who love imports will buy imports and people who love V-8's will buy them. No and I mean no movie is going to kill a whole lineup of cars. It's not like people were thinking of buying a camaro or bird then saw fast and furious and said oh hell imma get me a ricer instead. hahahahahaha.
    Oh and just incase you say that the movie caused low sales think of this they were falling before it even came out.
    also worth noting is the age of the f-body platform..it was a tired platform and with increasing safety regulations also helped finalize it

  18. #78
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    I would totally agree with that.

  19. #79
    Nightmare RedFenix_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cherry Point NC
    Posts
    475

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    I would totally agree with that.
    you are right one movie wouldnt kill a whole line of cars, or for that matter the f-body. But its not the movie im talking about bud. its the movement. thee "tuner era." now that would most definiteley help in the demise of the f-body, and every other muscle.

  20. #80
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    you are right one movie wouldnt kill a whole line of cars, or for that matter the f-body. But its not the movie im talking about bud. its the movement. thee "tuner era." now that would most definiteley help in the demise of the f-body, and every other muscle.
    didnt kill them when the gas crisis hit and the eco push..so somehow i doubt some stupid movie would kill the f-body

    poor sales, increasing safety regulations, and a 30+ year old platform is what killed it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Give me $15k+your LS1 powered ride I give you my
    By astroxy in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
  2. 500CI Chevy LS1 Engine Build - How To Build A 500C
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
  3. give me a reason to pick up another LS1
    By blackhawk01 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:38 AM
  4. lets go tigers lets gooooo
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:57 AM
  5. lets build an engine!!
    By Zboner in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 10:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •