white
    1998 Trans Am

LED side markers

i ordered a pair of clear lens with LED bulbs for my side markers. it said that you may or may not need a resistor with these.. my question is has anyone installed these and did you need resistors?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    i ordered a pair of clear lens with LED bulbs for my side markers. it said that you may or may not need a resistor with these.. my question is has anyone installed these and did you need resistors?
    I havent heard of anyone actually needing the resistor. I think you need the resistor if they are going to be flashing which in our cars don't happen. Even if they flash you need to replace the flasher with an electronic type and you should be good to go.

I have LED light in my turn signal lights and I replaced the flasher. They work fine without issues.

white
    1998 Trans Am

ok thanks.. i was kinda thinking the same thing about not needing them since they dont flash.. i was thinking about getting the turn signals LED also.. just replaced the bulb housing this weekend and drilled a hole for the water to drain out when it gets wet.. had my car since december and replaced 7 bulbs already. when you put LEDs for your turn signals, did you get the housing and everything in 1 kit?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    ok thanks.. i was kinda thinking the same thing about not needing them since they dont flash.. i was thinking about getting the turn signals LED also.. just replaced the bulb housing this weekend and drilled a hole for the water to drain out when it gets wet.. had my car since december and replaced 7 bulbs already. when you put LEDs for your turn signals, did you get the housing and everything in 1 kit?
    Well I replaced my whole turn signal assemblies because they were craked and they were getting moisture in. The water and corrosion is what kills the bulbs. I went with LED because the regular bulbs were melting the sockets.

I bought new turn signal housing and a pair of LEDs from V-LEDS.com. I have them for a couple of months and so far so good. I went with these because they are brighter that the regular LED that I find at the auto parts stores.

Here is the link of my LEDs:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156261

white
    1998 Trans Am

thanks for the link.. looks like what i will be doing next.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have white up front and red out back with clear covers and led blikers. Only change you need is for the blinkers and it's a $3 electronic flasher that takes a couple min to install. The look is great. Also I did a DRL delete since I have always hated them. Easy fix one plug to undo behind the stereo with a blue conector.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information