Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is leather in all ws6's?

This is a discussion on Is leather in all ws6's? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag That's probably really a Formula WS6, not a T/A WS6. I have heard reports (but not ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    That's probably really a Formula WS6, not a T/A WS6. I have heard reports (but not seen pics) of ONE T/A WS6 built in '98 w/ cloth interior and hard-top. I believe it was a very early production car used for promotional / media testing purposes.
    If it was a Formy WS6 I'd be on that car like flies on sh!t.

IMO a WS6 Formy is the ULTIMATE 4th gen.

It's definitely a T/A, it's got the T/A nose, wing, rear bumper, and side skirts.

I'm thinking maybe he doesn't like leather, and swapped the seats for cloth.

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Quote Originally Posted by NvyBluMtlc02WS6 View Post
    T/A WS6's have leather. Formula WS6's do not, however they are rare and I believe they stopped making the Formula WS6's in 2000.
    my formula WS6 has ebony leather

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

You can get base model Trans Ams without leather, but I've never seen a true WS6 T/A without leather. I had cloth in my 94 T/A and then added leather. The cloth held up alot better and is more comfortable in extreme hot/cold weather. I could care less which I have now. I think leather just looks better.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by vannatte View Post
    You can get base model Trans Ams without leather, but I've never seen a true WS6 T/A without leather. I had cloth in my 94 T/A and then added leather. The cloth held up alot better and is more comfortable in extreme hot/cold weather. I could care less which I have now. I think leather just looks better.
    Not sure what year leather became standard in all T/As, but leather was standard in T/As '98+ for sure. It was optional in some of the LT1 years ('93-'97).

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Admiral Biotch

Metallic Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I found a ws6 that has tan leather interior. Its either a 01' or 02' cant remember. This is the first that ive found that has tan. I would buy it if it was black...but im not sure if i want tan. I want the car to be perfect. Call me picky..but you have the most satisfaction with it this way. I do wanna mod it right away when i get the car (whenever im getting one...ive been searching and searching for a while). Dunno what i should mod it all up with first and what are the best pieces. Ill post up a thread when i get one...you guys are so helpful. Wish i new more, then i could help more around here. Im learnin tho

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

^ IMO (just an idea on this one) get the one with tan, change the seats out, delete the rear if you don't need it. black leather ones are not that expensive. and set the tan seats in a safe place. if you ever sell the car, it will be worth a lot more with the tan's back in it. If everything else was good, I'd think of that. just an idea though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information