Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Land Speed WS6?

This is a discussion on Land Speed WS6? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 That is certainly moving. I thought it would be up there somewhere north of 140. Our ...

manitoba, canada

2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    That is certainly moving. I thought it would be up there somewhere north of 140. Our car has been to 130 and that was way fast enough for me.
    130 is too slow. i have been up to 166 on gps and ran out of road. i am very confident it would have hit 170. i think that's fair for a nearly stock car!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX2 View Post
    Now, add some safety items, go to one of the Mile Venues, work on your 'Tuning and Setups', and you might hit 165+++???

Good Luck.

i may, but i want to buy another ls1 car to modify. my car only has around 20,000 miles and would like to leave it unmolested.

2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i just did a standing mile--- 153 mph on gps
    Sounds like a plan. I'll have to reset the trip/max speed thing on my GPS and see what she says...153 is suweet!

Alachua, Fl

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I had my 2000 Trans Am pegged on the Autobahn when I was stationed in Germany. (It was further than a mile) I have no idea how fast I was actually going but it read over 155. It was an M6 car with some bolt ons and a tune.

04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Ive had mine well over 155. That's not what I'm talking about. I want to know if there is ?stock? classes. What those classes are. Where would my car fit in? And inside of that class, what is the record? What can I do to my car and still be in that class? Suspension ? Exhaust? What do I need for safety equipment? Does that depend on the class? I dont want to have to put a roll cage in to do this. When do "they" do runs? How much does it cost? I was hoping some of you guys would know some of this. Im just a roofer. The only guy that seems like he knows this stuff is only trying to lure me into his website. Yeah, like I want to do this, and drive someone else's car.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

2001 Camaro SS M6

I've buried mine once before. I estimate around 170 ish since I was buried for miles Never do it again til I update suspension, I was bone stock suspension and full bolt ons Oh wait, this is the Trans - Am forum

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

peoria, az

2001 WS6

As far as I know, you dont need a roll cage to go in a stock class. you will need a helmet tho. If i remember correctly, they open up somewhere between may and july.

Lovelock, Nevada

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    As far as I know, you dont need a roll cage to go in a stock class. you will need a helmet tho. If i remember correctly, they open up somewhere between may and july.
    Venues like Maxton, where we just ran the 'Bad Bird' LSR car, let you go up to 125 in basically stock configurations, anything beyond that and you get into safety modifications. You will just have to search various Land Speed Racing organizations, as apparently I keep mentioning something on this thread/post that keeps getting me banned for a few days.

If you PM me, I can provide you with the info you are looking for.

Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 05-10-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed smileys

Broken Arrow, OK

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

There is no need to keep tying a bunch of smileys at the end of all your posts Maxx.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information