Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Land Speed WS6?

This is a discussion on Land Speed WS6? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MAXX2 If you email us, we can give you the links to our Land Speed Racing website(s), ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX2 View Post
    If you email us, we can give you the links to our Land Speed Racing website(s), info on LSR, and even a chance to drive our current LSR car. These links will give you all the info you need to understand what it takes to run a car at speeds up to and in excess of 200 MPH. You will also soon see the buildup of our 2000 Firebird, which will easily exceed 200 MPH at The Salt Flats, and we will drive it to Bonneville, and drive it back home here in Northern Nevada.

Note: We can't post those links in this reply, as we have been reprimanded 2 or 3 times for adding links on these posts. I'm not even sure if we are allowed to show our email address below our signature, but we chanced it anyway.

Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get a suspension of a day or two.

Richard (aka MAXX) and Judy White
    MAXX2RACING
    maxx2racing@yahoo.com

Usually, its better to ask the proper people if you are unsure about doing something prior to doing it, rather than chancing it. If you want to keep making posts that may be interpreted as disrespectful to this site and the people that work to uphold the integrity of this site, you probably won't last much longer here. I would suggest not trying to flirt with the grey area, ask in advance if you are unsure about a policy and refrain from posts like this one above in the future.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I thought i read on here somewhere that 6th would max out around 212? I mean thats assuming you have the power.
    That number is way off. The 180 estimate for 5th comes from the fact that with 3.42 gears/6-spd setup and stock-sized tires, you get 30 mph / 1,000 rpm.

In 6th gear, you can do 89 mph while turning 2,000 rpm, meaning at 6,000 rpm, you're gonna be doing 267-ish.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Usually, its better to ask the proper people if you are unsure about doing something prior to doing it, rather than chancing it. If you want to keep making posts that may be interpreted as disrespectful to this site and the people that work to uphold the integrity of this site, you probably won't last much longer here. I would suggest not trying to flirt with the grey area, ask in advance if you are unsure about a policy and refrain from posts like this one above in the future.
    Well, let's look at this a different way. The person asked a 'Legitimate' question, and we gave that person a 'Legitimte' answer, noting that if He/She/They went to the website by emailing us, then He/She/They would get the answers 'They' needed to decide if they wanted to run at The Salt.

Running at Bonneville is not easy, as it takes much insight into what one needs to go fast at a venue that is famous for 'Lack Of Traction'. One does not just add a few items to their car and go 'FAST', as it involves much more than one can even begin to imagine.

Or, one can go fast on a Highway or Street, and without the necessary 'Safety Equipment', you'll probably not survive 'The Crash'.

There, now "Can We Be Friends." (That's a quote by 'DOC' from Tombstone).

MAXX
    MAXX2RACING

Last edited by MAXX2; 04-30-2010 at 05:31 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it has and always will be areodynamics of our cars that limit the top speed.......we dont have functional fancy rear pieces that give us down force......also the bottom of our cars are not very smooth and such.

personally i would do it in a heartbeat now that i have a near fully built suspension and running on konis and strano springs......before no way...i would be afraid that my decarbons would just float my car away.
    this...

Black
    2001 WS6

keep me updated keith. i smell a road trip....

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, let's look at this a different way. The person asked a 'Legitimate' question, and we gave that person a 'Legitimte' answer, noting that if He/She/They went to the website by emailing us, then He/She/They would get the answers 'They' needed to decide if they wanted to run at The Salt.

Running at Bonneville is not easy, as it takes much insight into what one needs to go fast at a venue that is famous for 'Lack Of Traction'. One does not just add a few items to their car and go 'FAST', as it involves much more than one can even begin to imagine.

Or, one can go fast on a Highway or Street, and without the necessary 'Safety Equipment', you'll probably not survive 'The Crash'.

MAXX
    MAXX2RACING

This is not a discussion about being friends. This is about you adhering to the forum policies and procedures and not being disrespectful towards the site and the people that work to maintain the forum.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

MAXX
    MAXX2RACING

the best way to have handled this was to send the OP a personal message...that way you dont step on any toes...compared to posting in the open forum where it is seen as free advertising

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Ok,can we get back on topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Another option to consider for a high speed run: A "monster mile", or whatever they call it. It was a few months ago in GMHTP (I think) that they featured an event in Florida. They use an air strip to run the cars over a measured mile. There must be other similar events around the country -- I've never looked into it though.

Black
    2001 WS6

that would be cool as well. Although I like the idea of just letting rip and not stopping at 1 mile, i think its the freedom, sort of speak, that attracts people to the salt

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I think the one mile speed would b dissapointing compared to flat out wide open. 140 or so standing mile. ????

Black
    2001 WS6

i'd say we could probably hit 145 or maybe..maybe 150

silver
    2002 ws6

i've personally done 166 on gps. 02 ws6, minor bolt ons. i would say 170-175 would be max in 5th.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

but how about in the standing mile?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

In stock condition, our cars run up over 100 mph in the quarter mile. First time to the track ours went 106. I assume it has to be in the 140's or more by the time you hit the mile mark. Someone on here must know.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    but how about in the standing mile?
    i'll try it later this year.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    In stock condition, our cars run up over 100 mph in the quarter mile. First time to the track ours went 106. I assume it has to be in the 140's or more by the time you hit the mile mark. Someone on here must know.
    There are currently 5 One Mile Venues, One 1.5 Mile Venue (Loring AFB), and one can always run at El Mirage Dry Lake in Calif, plus there is a rumored venue in Northeastern Nevada.

You can gear your car to go faster, but as noted, that involves $$$s.

You can't beat running at Bonneville.

Richard (aka MAXX) and Judy White

silver
    2002 ws6

i just did a standing mile--- 153 mph on gps

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    That is certainly moving. I thought it would be up there somewhere north of 140. Our car has been to 130 and that was way fast enough for me.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

Now, add some safety items, go to one of the Mile Venues, work on your 'Tuning and Setups', and you might hit 165+++???

Good Luck.

MAXX
    MAXX2RACING

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information