Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

lambo doors

This is a discussion on lambo doors within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by jesseheel not disagreeing with you.and it was a ta. but we had just came out of the ...

  1. #21
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jesseheel View Post
    not disagreeing with you.and it was a ta. but we had just came out of the bar from watching the penn gsp fight and it grabbed my eye to say the least. just the first time i have seen doors like that on a normal car. if at that point you want to call it normal...
    Ok... TA, Camaro...

    Don't do that to an Fbody

    Please

  2. #22
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Angry Vertical Doors

    Alright, I think I'll leave you with a better reason than everyone else on this thread who told you not to do it solely based on their own opinions rather than fact.

    I wouldn't do it, or would at least do it differently, for the sake of your car's functionality.

    The fact is vertical doors are usually not easy to work with and often become an inconvenience. Its hard to get in and out of a car with vertical doors, they swing up but no matter how many degrees of play a manufacturer advertises, the door will always be at least partially in the way. I know this from experience.

    Lambo cars are designed from factory to have the door work the way they do, and so they work properly. Other cars however are not designed with the same thoughts in mind.

    In fact, and ironically enough, most vertical door kits actually close the door with the stock locking and closing mechanisms, what you actually do is open the door, push it outward just enough so that it can clear the door jam, and then swing it upward. Real Lambos don't work like this, their doors move only in a vertical motion, they just come down and make direct contact with the door jams without swinging sideways in any direction. F-Bodys probably won't have as much trouble with clearance issues as compared to the imports thanks to the F-Body's wide doors, but they won't ever fit like a true Lambo if that's what you're looking for.

    If you want unique lifting doors I would recommend diagonally swinging scissor doors. Since they open in a diagonal motion instead of just up, and that makes it much easier to get in and out of the car than would be possible with a vertical door. You shouldn't have problems if you go this route.

    Ultimately its your choice and your car, do what you want with it, make it the way you like and don't let anyone else tell you what to do.



    On a side note (And I know in advance I'm going to get into a serious $h1tst0rm for this rant, but I feel it needs to be said), since when are vertical doors rice? Last time I checked Lamborghinis were made in Italy not Japan.

    It seems that lately the anti rice campaign has ran a muck, people on this site have become so anti rice that they are wholly opposed to any exterior mods whatsoever aside from: rims (the only permissible choices being either factory corvette rims or torque thrusts), stripes (usually factory), or badges (also usually factory based). Damn does everyone love factory equipment on this site Quite ironic for a site that supposedly supports the aftermarket. The aftermarket is not just reserved for performance parts in case everyone didn't notice.

    People have become almost entirely opposed to anything that has ever been installed on an import, afraid to install it as if it was patented and trademarked as import only and had to be avoided at all costs because it contained some kind of infectious disease that would wreck havoc on your car immediately following installation. In this I'm referring to body kits, wings (the decent ones), neons and now most recently vertical doors.

    I've seen fellow site members get royally flamed for having installed discreet and tastefully done lip kits and neons. Nightrider made it big with the body kit and neons look and it was considered cool not too long ago. Tell me is KITT considered rice now?

    In the 50's, 60's, and 70's Americans built cars with wings and we look back at that and call it "Classic" and "Vintage," and some of them had the most ridiculous wings ever mounted on a vehicle (Dodge Superbird ringing a bell anyone?).



    But if we see any car newer than 1980 with any sort of large wing, even those that could actually use the downforce, its called rice,

    I'm not a ricer, I'm not some sponsor trying to pitch body kits and neons, and I'm not defending the whole vertical door on F-Body thing, but I do think some things need to be clarified. An example of a ricer car is a Honda Civic DS (not even the SI with VTEC), with an unpainted body kit, stick on vents, a fake tint job done with spray paint, an annoyingly loud fart canister exhaust you can hear from 2 blocks away, and a thousand stickers for performance parts it doesn't really have (Including the VTEC sticker of the engine he doesn't have, can't be caught without that one).



    A well built clean F-Body with a body kit, neons, a wing and Lambo doors is not, and the Lambo doors once again are an exotic design originally from ITALY, not Japan. If anyone has trouble understanding the difference please reply and I will gladfully post a map complete with a detailed explanation.

    So go on now, get some therapy for your exterior mod phobias and stop overusing the word ricer. If you don't like the doors simply post and let everyone know you think they're as gay as a rainbow, but don't incorrectly label them as rice.

    Damn I think I've said enough and made my point, I'm going to go hide now , go easy on the hate mail will ya.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-02-2009 at 07:43 AM.

  3. #23
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    i think the word ricer has evolved from much more than just japanese cars. it includes any american, asian, european, and anything else that is usually a compact car that has tacky and poorly installed appearance and performance mods. no one thinks supras, skylines, high-end bmw's, evos, etc are rice. its non-sports cars turned into "whips."

    when people use the word rice it just means that it will look tacky and showy. not that it will look "japanese."

    when you say lambo doors would be gay, do you really mean that they will look that of "homosexual" orientation? that doesnt even make sense, its just what we say...

    with that being said, lambo doors are just ugly on fbodies, dont do it
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-02-2009 at 11:13 AM.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Posts
    280

    Red
    1998 Trans Am

    all i was saying was i seen a car with these doors on it. I WILL NOT SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY on doors. and if you go look at my car you will see that i am trying to be about class and speed. nothing to over the top. all in all it was just cool to see. DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!!

  5. #25
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i think the word ricer has evolved from much more than just japanese cars. it includes any american, asian, european, and anything else that is usually a compact car that has tacky and poorly installed appearance and performance mods. no one thinks supras, skylines, high-end bmw's, evos, etc are rice. its non-sports cars turned into "whips."

    when people use the word rice it just means that it will look tacky and showy. not that it will look "japanese."

    when you say lambo doors would be gay, do you really mean that they will look that of "homosexual" orientation? that doesnt even make sense, its just what we say...
    First of all I never said Lambo doors would look gay, read my post more clearly, I was only using that phrase as an example of something that other people could besides rice. I'm sure you know what I meant, I shouldn't have to explain this, and I'm not the only person to make that reference on this thread.

    And if what you say is true about how people feel rice is a reference to being tacky rather than JDM, then tell me why there were multiple posts on this thread besides the one done by me referencing the honda civic? The way I see it, rice is still attributed to JDM by the majority, and if we are to follow the standard set by the majority:

    Rice = JDM
    Vertical Doors = Rice

    accepting this postulate:

    Vertical Doors = JDM

    Which makes no sense because vertical doors are Italian, so lesson learned people stop calling vertical doors rice, if you have a problem with them flame them up all you want but don't call them rice.

  6. #26
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    First of all I never said Lambo doors would look gay, read my post more clearly, I was only using that phrase as an example of something that other people could besides rice. I'm sure you know what I meant, I shouldn't have to explain this, and I'm not the only person to make that reference on this thread.

    And if what you say is true about how people feel rice is a reference to being tacky rather than JDM, then tell me why there were multiple posts on this thread besides the one done by me referencing the honda civic? The way I see it, rice is still attributed to JDM by the majority, and if we are to follow the standard set by the majority:

    Rice = JDM
    Vertical Doors = Rice

    accepting this postulate:

    Vertical Doors = JDM

    Which makes no sense because vertical doors are Italian, so lesson learned people stop calling vertical doors rice, if you have a problem with them flame them up all you want but don't call them rice.
    i didnt say that you said the doors were gay, i just meant that people did, and people say that about alot of things. i was using it as an example of an adjective people use that doesnt refer to its real meaning. like the way people throw around the word "rice."

    and when people say rice, its attributed to anything that "ricer" cars do. euro lights are ricer, but thats from europe, not asia...

    just answer me this... rice or not?


    nothing about this car is japanese, but it screams RICE!
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-02-2009 at 12:02 PM.

  7. #27
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Rice = tasteless mods that have NO performance included

  8. #28
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i didnt say that you said the doors were gay, i just meant that people did, and people say that about alot of things. i was using it as an example of an adjective people use that doesnt refer to its real meaning. like the way people throw around the word "rice."

    and when people say rice, its attributed to anything that "ricer" cars do. euro lights are ricer, but thats from europe, not asia...

    just answer me this... rice or not?
    Click for full size

    nothing about this car is japanese, but it screams RICE!
    As far as the gay doors comment I owe you an apology, sorry, I take that back.

    As for the car, I know I might get flamed for this one too but I would not call that rice. First of all its domestic, second if I'm right that's an SRT-4 turbo, pushes 240 horse bone stock so it is fast. The paint is well done, the body lines are clean, the fender vents are actually part of the fender rather than the cheap wal-mart stick ons and I don't see a single sticker. And look at that its sporting the stock rims too! No I wouldn't call it rice.

  9. #29
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    how about, just don't do it. its ugly and not meant on a t/a

  10. #30
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    As for the car, I know I might get flamed for this one too but I would not call that rice. First of all its domestic, second if I'm right that's an SRT-4 turbo, pushes 240 horse bone stock so it is fast. The paint is well done, the body lines are clean, the fender vents are actually part of the fender rather than the cheap wal-mart stick ons and I don't see a single sticker. And look at that its sporting the stock rims too! No I wouldn't call it rice.
    To each their own....



    Rice is rice. Fast or not....in my eyes, that Neon is riced out to the max.
    Doesn't matter where it was made, or if it has 600HP.

  11. #31
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437


  12. #32
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Rice = tasteless mods that have NO performance included
    i agree with the tasteless part, but there are a lot of mods that arent performance. rims on an fbody for example. or any appearance mod for that matter. but i agree, any tacky, tasteless mods i would consider rice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

    Rice is rice. Fast or not....in my eyes, that Neon is riced out to the max.
    Doesn't matter where it was made, or if it has 600HP.

  13. #33
    Member phoenix05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SA,TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126

    artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    To each their own....



    Rice is rice. Fast or not....in my eyes, that Neon is riced out to the max.
    Doesn't matter where it was made, or if it has 600HP.
    +1

    and that is the ugliest srt-4 i have ever seen in my life

  14. #34
    I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,066

    yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

    dont do it.

  15. #35
    Member mr_r0bert0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    169

    pewter
    2002 camaro z28

    lambo doors NOOOOOOO

  16. #36
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    To each their own....
    I didn't say I liked that SRT-4, I was just saying I would have used different words to describe it, like "showy and unnecessary," not rice. In my mind the term rice also has to reflect on a car's craftsmanship, and by that, that car seems to have been well crafted, despite what I think about the way it looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    that Neon is riced out to the max.
    Not quite to the max, could go further, add on some stickers, a huge wing, and some 22's

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    there are a lot of mods that arent performance. rims on an fbody for example.
    Some could differ on that, larger rims can give you stiffer handling, as long as they're not too big like 20's.






    You guys are slowly starting to change my outlook though, so from what I'm hearing(reading is more like it), everyone has come to the agreement that ANYTHING tacky is rice? Not JDM?
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-03-2009 at 03:56 AM.

  17. #37
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Some could differ on that, larger rims can give you stiffer handling, as long as they're not too big like 20's.
    well then racing stripes, painted intakes, painted calipers, aftermarket headlights/tail lights, guage overlays, etc, etc, ect... rims was just one example.

  18. #38
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I didn't say I liked that SRT-4, I was just saying I would have used different words to describe it, like "showy and unnecessary," not rice. In my mind the term rice also has to reflect on a car's craftsmanship, and by that, that car seems to have been well crafted, despite what I think about the way it looks.



    Not quite to the max, could go further, add on some stickers, a huge wing, and some 22's
    how do you figure? the fender doesnt even line up with the bumper. and just because it doesnt have a huge spoiler so what, it has every other add on to makes that car hideous and ricey, like a roof scoop! imo, a well crafted car has to be classy. that thing sticks out like chewbacca at a star trek convention.

    and, there is no way to tell that its a sr-t. just because it has the rims? how many fbodies have ss/ws6 rims that are clones. and if its like any other ricers that ive seen, im sure the body kit is held on with drywall screws and the interior is chopped to hell. you cant tell the craftsmanship based on one pic.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-03-2009 at 11:00 AM.

  19. #39
    Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,045

    Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    how do you figure? the fender doesnt even line up with the bumper. and just because it doesnt have a huge spoiler so what, it has every other add on to makes that car hideous and ricey, like a roof scoop! imo, a well crafted car has to be classy. that thing sticks out like chewbacca at a star trek convention.

    and, there is no way to tell that its a sr-t. just because it has the rims? how many fbodies have ss/ws6 rims that are clones. and if its like any other ricers that ive seen, im sure the body kit is held on with drywall screws and the interior is chopped to hell. you cant tell the craftsmanship based on one pic.
    If you can't judge by just a pic then YOU shouldn't have posted a pic asking me to judge.

    Ok, you're right the bumper doesn't march to the fender, I didn't look at it closely enough. I agree it looks bad, the car isn't my style, but if you were into the genre I'm sure you would say that looks pretty good. Also you actually picked a decent looking car compared to the garbage I've seen.

    You COMPLETELY missed the point of my ranting post. I wasn't defending ricers in general, I don't understand why you even brought that up, I'm just tired of seeing people rip on all exterior mods except badges, rims, and stripes. I don't think that for our cars body kits, neons, wings (within size limits), carbon fiber, or even vertical doors are rice when tastefully done (keyword: tastefully). I don't like vertical doors on an f-body, but I don't classify it as rice. But I guess some of you do, to each his own opinion.

    Damn, we really jacked this thread, sorry to the rest of you.

  20. #40
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    If you can't judge by just a pic then YOU shouldn't have posted a pic asking me to judge.

    Ok, you're right the bumper doesn't march to the fender, I didn't look at it closely enough. I agree it looks bad, the car isn't my style, but if you were into the genre I'm sure you would say that looks pretty good. Also you actually picked a decent looking car compared to the garbage I've seen.

    You COMPLETELY missed the point of my ranting post. I wasn't defending ricers in general, I don't understand why you even brought that up, I'm just tired of seeing people rip on all exterior mods except badges, rims, and stripes. I don't think that for our cars body kits, neons, wings (within size limits), carbon fiber, or even vertical doors are rice when tastefully done (keyword: tastefully). I don't like vertical doors on an f-body, but I don't classify it as rice. But I guess some of you do, to each his own opinion.

    Damn, we really jacked this thread, sorry to the rest of you.
    i posted that pic of the neon because you said that ricer meant that it had to be japanese, and i was saying that i disagree. anything can be rice. and you dont need to see more pictures of that thing to judge it. it doesnt matter how good the craftmanship is, its RICE!

    its ok, and i appreciate the argument, but we all agree that youre wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lambo Doors?
    By 'RocOut90 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 06:37 PM
  2. Lambo Doors??
    By 2002 WS6 KILLS in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
  3. Lambo Doors
    By 01ws6er in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
  4. Lambo Doors
    By Peter Cortese in forum General Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 12:19 PM
  5. lambo doors
    By SSclint01 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •