Black
    2000 WS6

Keep as is, modify or move on?

I have checked this site for the past several years and this is something I've never seen discussed and just interested on other's opinions, guessing others of you have thought about this too. Basically, when did you make your decisions to keep as is, modify or move on?
    3 years ago I bought a 2000 WS-6 with 60,000 miles on it. I have put new tires on it and $1500 stereo system in it. Only mod it has is Flowmaster exhaust when I bought I it. The car runs great and get lots of positive remarks on it. I put about 8,000 miles on it a year.
    So what have you guys done? Keep your car as is and drive it as long as you can or modify and fix and plan on keeping the car forever or have some of you spent the extra money now and moved on to newer muscle cars? Were your decisions based on money, love of your WS-6 or wanting a newer car with all of it's pluses? Any regrets?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Troy, just go with your gut. It will be decades before these cars gain any collector value and if and when they do any mods done will fall into a class called "Period correct" so do your mods but do them correctly, keep you car in good shape and don't do anything stupid (cutting the hood for a shaker scoop). Enjoy the car and if it grows in value then that is just a bonus.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Have no plans to sell mine, just keeping it as nice as possible for as long as i can. Making it faster and changing it's appearance just makes the smile on my face bigger.

Black
    2000 WS6

Thanks guys for your ideas. My "gut" and my wallet are both telling me to keep the car and just enjoy it and whatever happens down the road happens. My brain is telling me in a few years from now, "do you really want to put a lot of money into a car with 100,000 miles"? Hasn't been the first and won't be last time my brain lost out.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm at almost 130k, no problems here. The way i see it if it broke and i'd have to put a new motor/trans/rear in her, i'd still be way under what any new car would cost. Just enjoy it and take care of it.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I'm at almost 130k, no problems here. The way i see it if it broke and i'd have to put a new motor/trans/rear in her, i'd still be way under what any new car would cost. Just enjoy it and take care of it.
    I do HIGHLY agree with Alex.
    ENJOY IT!!!! These cars will always turn a head or 2. Besides being fun to drive...mods or no mods.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Mine was going to be a driver for a couple yrs and park. But the recession messed that up. Now its mileage is high enough that its being modded however I want. I bought it to enjoy not worry about value.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Troy, just go with your gut. It will be decades before these cars gain any collector value and if and when they do any mods done will fall into a class called "Period correct" so do your mods but do them correctly, keep you car in good shape and don't do anything stupid (cutting the hood for a shaker scoop). Enjoy the car and if it grows in value then that is just a bonus.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Have no plans to sell mine, just keeping it as nice as possible for as long as i can. Making it faster and changing it's appearance just makes the smile on my face bigger.
    ^^
    Best statement yet.

To be honest OP, I bought mine knowing it was going to be mod. Like Alex, the thought of selling it isn't even in vocabulary. I'd sell my house before my bird.

Modding - It's a personal thing...some mods are just too much for some while for others not enough. They make great daily drivers and can be built up for serious fun. You have to find the right balance for you.

Black
    2000 WS6

Not too worried if the car increases in value, just was curious what thought processes others went through and if they were happy with the decisions they made with a car pushing 100,000 miles like mine in couple of years. OK, I've put my car keys down and I've stepped away from the ledge.

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

nothing to worry about mileage wise as long as proper maintenance and repairs are done. Trust the muscle

NBM
    2001 Camaro SS SLP# 2646

I put mine up on Craigslist last night unfortunately I need a more family orientated vehicle for my 7 month old and I work too much to even have time to tinker with it so it's gotta go.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I left mine completely stock for the first 8 years I had it aside from an exhaust. Current mods in signature now. Once you start, just be prepared to keep pulling the wallet out.

It's addicting.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information