Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88

Keep extra eye on ur firebirds pics inside =(

This is a discussion on Keep extra eye on ur firebirds pics inside =( within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by FutureWS6 kbb doesnt say its worth that much unless its retail or private selling While I realize ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Posts
    65

    Black 2002 Formula M6
    SOLD on 11/21/2009

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    kbb doesnt say its worth that much unless its retail or private selling
    While I realize so many on the internet use KBB I would suggest you also look up your cars value on http://www.nada.com

    NADA guides are what have always been used for decades by car dealers, motor vehicle departments, insurance companies, auctions etc and you will find that the NADA values take into consideration things such as mileage and that the values will be in most instances higher than KBB. Many motor vehicle departments use the official NADA guide in the event you come to register a newly purchased used car and present a real low bill of sale to try and get out of paying full sales tax. I swear that KBB is in bed with many as they list really low values so dealers can show a potential customer their trade for example isn't worth much...when in fact if the person would have checked NADA guide they would find out their vehicle is indeed worth more.


    So before the fools insurance company contacts you do yourself a favor and see if NADA value is higher than KBB. Just be sure you use the CONSUMER section of NADA and best of all, it is free to look up most vehicles.

    Good luck and great they caught the creep.

  2. #42
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    While I realize so many on the internet use KBB I would suggest you also look up your cars value on http://www.nada.com

    NADA guides are what have always been used for decades by car dealers, motor vehicle departments, insurance companies, auctions etc and you will find that the NADA values take into consideration things such as mileage and that the values will be in most instances higher than KBB. Many motor vehicle departments use the official NADA guide in the event you come to register a newly purchased used car and present a real low bill of sale to try and get out of paying full sales tax. I swear that KBB is in bed with many as they list really low values so dealers can show a potential customer their trade for example isn't worth much...when in fact if the person would have checked NADA guide they would find out their vehicle is indeed worth more.


    So before the fools insurance company contacts you do yourself a favor and see if NADA value is higher than KBB. Just be sure you use the CONSUMER section of NADA and best of all, it is free to look up most vehicles.

    Good luck and great they caught the creep.
    Tyvm, i will do that right now

  3. #43
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Is your insurance involved in this? Here's why: If your insurance company is fighting on your side, they will often try to get what the car is worth rather than just get out of having to pay you. Totaling a vehicle means that damage exceeds 75% of the vehicle's overall value. I would have to say that from the damage I can see, you're looking at at least $3k and that is at the very least with used parts- new parts will push it well over the vehicle's value. If the interior is in good shape, the tires in good shape (minus the damage caused by the wreck) and the paint in overall good shape, you'll get a fair price on it.

  4. #44
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    update

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Is your insurance involved in this? Here's why: If your insurance company is fighting on your side, they will often try to get what the car is worth rather than just get out of having to pay you. Totaling a vehicle means that damage exceeds 75% of the vehicle's overall value. I would have to say that from the damage I can see, you're looking at at least $3k and that is at the very least with used parts- new parts will push it well over the vehicle's value. If the interior is in good shape, the tires in good shape (minus the damage caused by the wreck) and the paint in overall good shape, you'll get a fair price on it.
    I just got off the phone with his insurance, and they told me 2 pick a shop. They havent even seen the car yet, does that mean they just want 2 get an est.? o here r more photos i toke today during the day. to me it does look like it did to much...but then again i know a hit like that could mess up aton of things that u cant just look at.


    http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/smrochin/

  5. #45
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    SHEISSE!!! Even the outer tie rod snapped!!! How fkkin fast were they goin?

  6. #46
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    they think 50 in a 25 zone

  7. #47
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    I just got off the phone with his insurance, and they told me 2 pick a shop. They havent even seen the car yet, does that mean they just want 2 get an est.? o here r more photos i toke today during the day. to me it does look like it did to much...but then again i know a hit like that could mess up aton of things that u cant just look at.


    http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/smrochin/
    I would take it to the most expensive shop you know of....

    This way you have a better chance of them totaling your car out.

  8. #48
    Member supercopone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    279

    Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I would take it to the most expensive shop you know of....

    This way you have a better chance of them totaling your car out.
    thats what I would do and then get a Z28 cause them damn t/a's are way to high....

  9. #49
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Ah, I see you are TX...welp...so is this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...item20ae200fe4

  10. #50
    Member supercopone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    279

    Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

    Thats a clean one....I wish I 12 g's laying around

  11. #51
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    Thats a clean one....I wish I 12 g's laying around
    Anyone with a 2001 WS6 with 134K miles on it and says he never raced it is a fawking LIAR!!!!

    IMO of course

  12. #52
    Member supercopone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    279

    Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Anyone with a 2001 WS6 with 134K miles on it and says he never raced it is a fawking LIAR!!!!

    IMO of course
    You know thats right..lol

  13. #53
    Member bberretta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    665

    Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    I just got off the phone with his insurance, and they told me 2 pick a shop. They havent even seen the car yet, does that mean they just want 2 get an est.? o here r more photos i toke today during the day. to me it does look like it did to much...but then again i know a hit like that could mess up aton of things that u cant just look at.


    http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii8/smrochin/
    Most likely they will need it in a shop in order to do a full assessment of it. In case they need to jack it up, put it on a lift, etc. This is pretty typical. My dad is an appraiser and when I was a kid I used to go look at cars with him and he taught me a thing or two about the process. When my wife totaled our Lancer (which is when I found my excuse to buy the TA ) I had the car delivered to my house to avoid shop storage charges just in case it wasn't totaled. The insurance company then required that I send it to their shop at which time you clean EVERYTHING out of it and clean up the interior a little (shiny wheels and clean interior show that a car has been well cared for). When they totaled it, I sent the title and they sent the check.

  14. #54
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    Most likely they will need it in a shop in order to do a full assessment of it. In case they need to jack it up, put it on a lift, etc. This is pretty typical. My dad is an appraiser and when I was a kid I used to go look at cars with him and he taught me a thing or two about the process. When my wife totaled our Lancer (which is when I found my excuse to buy the TA ) I had the car delivered to my house to avoid shop storage charges just in case it wasn't totaled. The insurance company then required that I send it to their shop at which time you clean EVERYTHING out of it and clean up the interior a little (shiny wheels and clean interior show that a car has been well cared for). When they totaled it, I sent the title and they sent the check.
    Dang ur right i should clean it extra nice tomorrow. thats a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    thats what I would do and then get a Z28 cause them damn t/a's are way to high....
    No doubt im getting one, i got some money saved up. if i couldnt get one i liked then i was thinking 350z as a last resort...i know i know ls1 kills it. but yes i would upgrade to a v8 4 sure if they did that, was thinking of selling or trading it b4 i got hit 4 a ls1.
    Last edited by FutureWS6; 11-16-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: i talk 2 much

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    140

    Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    makes me sick, how does that sorry ass sleep at night
    Easy he was probably drunk....

  16. #56
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    Easy he was probably drunk....
    which they had caught him the night of, the officers were looking for him like crazy.

  17. #57
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    which they had caught him the night of, the officers were looking for him like crazy.
    Sorry for your luck bud. Good luck getting a new bird.

  18. #58
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,397

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Its totaled. Most companies pay you retail value iirc

  19. #59
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Update, the other party is not accepting that they did it even with all the evidence the police has. so their insurance will not do anything until we do something. so im probly gonna have to file with my insurance and make them deal with the others insurance. it sucks
    Last edited by FutureWS6; 11-18-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added THE not they

  20. #60
    Military Police FutureWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    300

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    my audjuster said its about 6-8k in damages...........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. birdwatching (pics of random firebirds/trans ams)
    By 02transamce in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 07:40 AM
  2. took some pics of the firebirds
    By Pickle86 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
  3. 9's enabler! pics inside
    By cam02ss in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
  4. HP Evos on WS6, pics inside...
    By SLIKWS6 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
  5. 02 Ws6 6 Speed FS/FT(PICS inside!)
    By The95Z in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 12:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •