408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

just one year newer

well i am officially pissed off. i have 97 t/a and i have traction control and according to slp it is all time and if i had a 98 or newer i could delete it but on the lt's the traction control is so embedded in my abs system that i cant delete and supposedly nobody makes anything to delete and even if i was to get up there in hp it would just put the brakes on when i punch it, which sucks because my tcs really fights me when i get on it. does anyone else have this problem and if so do you know a way around it.... please help?

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

I have a 98 ws6, mine slows me down when i step on it,have to turn it off to have fun.Your rite,that does sux!

Red
    2002 T/A

I was looking through wiring diagrams for your vehicle and it looks as though you could run an on/off switch between your TCS/ABS module and the PCM. This would indeed disable TCS, but it would disable ABS also. It may be something you could use at the track or some spirited street driving as long as you know you'll have NO ABS.
    Last edited by LS1_TA_2002; 05-10-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Typo

red
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_TA_2002 View Post
    I was looking through wiring diagrams for your vehicle and it looks as though you could run an on/off switch between your TCS/ABS module and the PCM. This would indeed disable TCS, but it would disable ABS also. It may be something you could use at the track or some spirited street driving as long as you know you'll have NO ABS.
    thanks i am not sure just yet how to do that but i can figure it out i know that my abs computer is under my dash just right below the steering will, i also have a relay that say abs/tcs on it i wonder if i take it out that might fix my problem for when i really need to go full throttle

Red
    2002 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by lancesT/A View Post
    i also have a relay that say abs/tcs on it i wonder if i take it out that might fix my problem for when i really need to go full throttle
    Only thing is you will have to get out, pop the hood, and remove/replace the relay everytime you want to disable it. Try to get some help and an electrical diagram so that you can run a switch somewhere inside of the cabin. If I get my scanner hooked back up soon I'll email you some wiring tips. I'm getting my house remodeled so right now everything is under protective plastic.
    Last edited by LS1_TA_2002; 05-10-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Red
    2001 WS6 Pontiac TransAm

Hey lancesTA, Im having fan problems on my car, Check out my thread i posted today. Anyway I did a search and found ur thread, did you ever get it figured out?? I dont know why my fans arent kicking on. thanks.

red
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_TA_2002 View Post
    Only thing is you will have to get out, pop the hood, and remove/replace the relay everytime you want to disable it. Try to get some help and an electrical diagram so that you can run a switch somewhere inside of the cabin. If I get my scanner hooked back up soon I'll email you some wiring tips. I'm getting my house remodeled so right now everything is under protective plastic.
    i really appreciate the help, i'll be able to figure out the wiring i just have to get the diagram which i have the chilton book and as far as doing it, i am an electician in the navy so atleast i have i problem i can handle

Thread Information