Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just got a ws6

red
    2000 ws6

just got a ws6

hey guys im new to the forum i just got my dads ws6 and its awesome its the 1 in my avatar

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Welcome to the board! Nice lookin TA...was your dad the original owner?

Black
    02 Z06

hey dude! were both 18 and own a ws6! yay for us! were a rare breed. Most people that own them are like 10 years older then us. It's good to know theres someone e lse out there like me. I hope you take care of it and don't drive it like most 18 year olds would. Tell us some specs on it! Post some pictures!

redls1bird
    its also good for us older guys that 18 y/os have these cars. they generally wreck them and create a pretty good source of cheap used parts. So both of you, be careful and respect that power!! i dont want to sound like your dads or anything, but i had enough trouble keeping a v-6 truck undercontrol at 18.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

Cool man!

Don't become a statistic.....Respect the power!

(Gee, I sound like my father.... )

Black
    02 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by redls1bird
    its also good for us older guys that 18 y/os have these cars. they generally wreck them and create a pretty good source of cheap used parts. So both of you, be careful and respect that power!! i dont want to sound like your dads or anything, but i had enough trouble keeping a v-6 truck undercontrol at 18.
    Haha generally I completely agree with you. There was a kid with a viper around here his mother and father bought it for him and he wraped it around a tree and killed him self.

But I'm pretty proud of my self. I bought the car with my own money. Down payment , monthly payments , insurance , modifications , and up keep. All on my own.

I also had a 1994 trans am GT when I was 16 and I have never gotten one ticket in either vehicle.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Congrats - I too had a Trans Am at your age. Now I am that person you are talking about that is 10 years older with a Trans Am. Having hot cars is nice when you are 18, but try having a house, family (wife and 2 kids), 2 daily drivers, and a Trans Am. Yay for us

Sorry - not trying to hijack this post - Congrats again on the TA. They are special cars.

Gene
    2001 Pewter WS6 M6
    Borla, some induction mods, a little bit of this and a pinch of that, 2 Hookers, and a pipe.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151616

Black
    99 SS

nice, dont have a T/A, but got a Z28

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    But I'm pretty proud of my self. I bought the car with my own money. Down payment , monthly payments , insurance , modifications , and up keep. All on my own.

I also had a 1994 trans am GT when I was 16 and I have never gotten one ticket in either vehicle.
    Right on bro...that shows a lot about your character Hard work always pays off in the end...people who have had everything given to them always seem to be the biggest pussies.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    Haha generally I completely agree with you. There was a kid with a viper around here his mother and father bought it for him and he wraped it around a tree and killed him self.

Where from in Iowa? That kid that wrapped the viper I heard about it quick because that was my ex's cousin. I got my WS6 when I was 18 and I'm 24 now. It was intimidating at first but after learning the limits of her in an empty parking lot, I gained a lot of respect for that power

red
    2000 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Welcome to the board! Nice lookin TA...was your dad the original owner?
    yea my dad was the original owner. and i have dirven the car it is powerful hehe so a lot of respect to it

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Welcome aboard.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Im one of the thirty something crowd.. Congrats on the Ride! Be careful with the power..

I like the comment above about the house, wife and kids... Sounds Familiar..

Steve

forest green
    1994 Firehawk

car

Don't let your friends drive it, they will drive it in to a wall. It's yours and keep it that way, and again like the other's said. Think and don't drink!!! It's too much power for your age but who am I, I'm personally glad my dad didn't buy me my buddy's T/A 400 6.6 when i was your age, didn't understand it then but i do now, after I totaled a v6 on new years when i was 18. years ago but you get the point

ws4transam
    i got a ws6 but mine is a 78 with a 400 in it
    Last edited by ws4transam; 12-09-2005 at 12:28 PM.

Black
    02 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998
    Where from in Iowa? That kid that wrapped the viper I heard about it quick because that was my ex's cousin. I got my WS6 when I was 18 and I'm 24 now. It was intimidating at first but after learning the limits of her in an empty parking lot, I gained a lot of respect for that power
    I don't remember. Some where here in iowa. What actually happened was the kid was giving his friend a ride and showing off in the rain ( which a viper isn't the best handling car to begin with ) and he lost control around a corner and wraped it around a tree and killed his friend. He walked out of there with a scratch. His father got a powerful lawyer and his defense was, "kids will be kids." fucking idiots.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Poctiac Trans Am-A4

Congrats! Now bring on the chics!

Burgundy
    1995 Razzi Olds Aurora

Hmm, 18 and a WS6. It has to be high-mileaged...like 80 or 90,000 miles. Unless somenoe helped buy the car its pretty hard to do that yourself at that age, especially insurance. I have 3 tickets and 5 points against me so that basically blew the 96 trans am deal i was going to get. ONLY 24,000 miles on a 1996!!! man. At least i didnt get arrested. But ive never scratched my car
    Last edited by razziAURORA; 12-14-2005 at 04:11 AM.

red
    2000 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by razziAURORA
    Hmm, 18 and a WS6. It has to be high-mileaged...like 80 or 90,000 miles. Unless somenoe helped buy the car its pretty hard to do that yourself at that age, especially insurance. I have 3 tickets and 5 points against me so that basically blew the 99 trans am deal i was going to get. ONLY 24,000 miles on a 1996!!! man. At least i didnt get arrested. But ive never scratched my car
    60,000, no i didn't buy it, it was my dads and he gave it to me

Red
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Nice car, I'm 19 years old and i also have 1998 red ws6 with 15,000 miles on it. I agree its nice to see other young guys with these car. And i dont beat my car like many people do , this is my second f-body, i had a 1994 formula before this and i love them. And i yet to get a ticket in either one . I also have a 1969 firebird that i will be restoring in the feature. And i paid for this car myself.
    Last edited by bguns10; 12-15-2005 at 04:05 PM.

Thread Information