Just got my T/A any tips?

This is a discussion on Just got my T/A any tips? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So i plan on going to the track maybe street racing this weekend, with my 00' WS6, do you guys ...

Just got my T/A any tips?

So i plan on going to the track maybe street racing this weekend, with my
    00' WS6, do you guys have any advice on what not to do and what to do, etc. It is an A4, completely stock. First RWD car aswell.

I know this may sound retarded but, i use to have a gtp, and i would rev up to 2000 rpms at the line and then let go off brake, also race in 3rd gear.. take spare out.. chage pressure in tires to certain amount,etc...

Any advice is helpful, even some that i should know that does not involve racing..

Red
    1999 Trans am WS7

Wow that is sooo crazy. I just got my T/A and was wondering the same thing. This is also my first RWD, and i just got rid of my GTP. I would also like to know. Anything is helpful. Thanx

Travis

red
    2000 Firehawk

drive the hell out of it and have fun.

98T/Aformula
    Your going to like it 10 times more then the GTP lol, start modding slowly, maybe when you get a chance seeing how its your first RWD car break the back end lose a few times when you have the room so you can get the feel of how to correct yourslef when it happens when you dont expect it to...like yeliding onto a road and puncing it around the corner lol I have had a few close calls with that one but besides that you will learn as you go no one can really give you to many tips, just learn by experence and have fun with it...

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

one thing you should be aware of when launching your car. Turn your TCS off if you have it. Wheel hop is a bitch with the stock rear suspension setup. Don't do it all the time especially when you start modding or rear will say bye bye.

WCTA88
    I would suggest working your way into it before taking it to a track with your buddies, i would hate to hear how it broke loose on you and ended up in the wall tryin to get the best time out of her. but then again if your gunna practice anywhere it should be a track so what the hell do i know. Have fun with it, once a TA gets ahold of you, you might as well kiss lovin any other cars goodbye.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

be careful with that much power and rear wheel drive. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy

yeah, i def. love the power of the T/A, scares me sometimes lol. but yeah i'll learn to control it slowly and practice this weekend.. thanks though.

Medium Blue Metallic
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Also save up money to rebuild the tranny, and possibly the rear end, before you race it much.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I'd go rear end first. Transmission next, then go engine. You could do bolt on's first if you're wanting some power. But as said above, get used to your car. I've been driving a 500 rwhp ws6 for a while and it gets kinda scary too. Looking for a big twin turbo setup now so it'll be another adjustment

NBM
    2002 - WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    one thing you should be aware of when launching your car. Turn your TCS off if you have it. Wheel hop is a bitch with the stock rear suspension setup. Don't do it all the time especially when you start modding or rear will say bye bye.
    Are you saying not to turn TCS off all the time as that will damage the rear end?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well it certainly doesnt help when racing otherwise you can keep it on.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Get to know how your car handles before you start f-in around. Like don't try and be cool and start busting donuts and loose control and end up in a ditch. I've seen it done before...by others. Have fun.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by SethVIII View Post
    Are you saying not to turn TCS off all the time as that will damage the rear end?
    I keep my ASR on when I drive normal, turn if off to race and stuff.

Thread Information