Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

just curious...

This is a discussion on just curious... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Let's just hope it's not a line lock that he decides to throw while going down the road. That would ...

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Let's just hope it's not a line lock that he decides to throw while going down the road.

That would be bad....

My first thought is driving lights or underdash lights ....

If Auto ... could be transbrake. However, I'd install that on the shifter or steering wheel.

Most likely just driving lights, neons or something like that...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Let's just hope it's not a line lock that he decides to throw while going down the road.

That would be bad....

My first thought is driving lights or underdash lights ....

If Auto ... could be transbrake. However, I'd install that on the shifter or steering wheel.

Most likely just driving lights, neons or something like that...
    Linelock is 2 switches though. 2 switches as long as who installed it wasn't/isn't a moron.

Actually, the Hurst Kit and SLP kits only have one.

I have three. One activation switch, then a momentary and on/off wired in parallel just in case. ;-) I love smokey burnouts !!!!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Actually, the Hurst Kit and SLP kits only have one.

I have three. One activation switch, then a momentary and on/off wired in parallel just in case. ;-) I love smokey burnouts !!!!
    Then I'll make sure to stay away from SLP or hurst! Thats all I need is to give a friend a ride and here "whats happens when I push this?"

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

Ya the SLP only has one, but i got mine mounted under the dash on the drivers side, so you just have to reach down and flip it. No way a passenger can see the switch...

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Then I'll make sure to stay away from SLP or hurst! Thats all I need is to give a friend a ride and here "whats happens when I push this?"
    Yep, that was my fear too. The ones in parallel are hidden in the ash tray.

The activation switch for the system under the dash.

I could see someone playing and picking it up and saying. What's this....push.... Woah no brakes. Not so bad if they lock the brakes while standing still. It would be bad if they locked the line pressure while traveling down the road....

Needless to say... No one smokes in my car. :-)

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

first off when you turn on a line lock, it just closes the valve to prevent brake fluid from going anywhere. so, for it to lock the brakes, you first have to push the brake pedal, then turn on the line lock, and then release the brake pedal. this prevents the fluid from going back to the master cylinder. those that have one would know that. so, going down the road and turning it on won't lock up the brakes. it will just prevent any fluid from going to the front brakes when the pedal is applied. you would still have rear brakes.

second, if you have a friend that likes to mess with your stuff without asking, time to get rid of so called friend.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    first off when you turn on a line lock, it just closes the valve to prevent brake fluid from going anywhere. so, for it to lock the brakes, you first have to push the brake pedal, then turn on the line lock, and then release the brake pedal. this prevents the fluid from going back to the master cylinder. those that have one would know that. so, going down the road and turning it on won't lock up the brakes. it will just prevent any fluid from going to the front brakes when the pedal is applied. you would still have rear brakes.

second, if you have a friend that likes to mess with your stuff without asking, time to get rid of so called friend.
    I know this, but since appr. 70% of your stopping ability comes from the front, this still proposes a huge danger for those of us in the city.

Second, I meant "friend" as someone who doesn't know any better. I.E. my cousin's kids or the random chic from the bar.

My only point was flipping one switch can lead to much more trouble than a series of them.

The ash try idea was good, but I had to make a plate b.c. the actual tray itself was alittle loose.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

again, just driving down the road and someone turning it on won't do anything. if they turn it on while you are braking, you just won't be able to add anymore pressure to the front brakes. rears still get more pressure. and at that point, once you are stopped, you then tell them to get out, or tie their hands together. who knows, maybe the random chick from the bar might like that...

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post

Yes, that is the point. No front brakes... You could crash as most of your braking is done with the front brakes.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 07-30-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information