Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

just curious

This is a discussion on just curious within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro So going by what you're saying, that the LS1's are underrated then would'nt the ZR1 LT5 ...

  1. #21
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    So going by what you're saying, that the LS1's are underrated then would'nt the ZR1 LT5 be so aswell? I pulled the HP quotes from two different sources. Not to mention the third by JosieDoom. Also the standard T/A is NOT the same as the Ram Air cars. Also the OP was asking about the 98 T/A not the ram air. Motor Trend has been testing cars since before "The LS1 community existed." So I'll be going with their test results. Do you have any facts to back up what you're saying? I somehow dought you do. So I'll go ahead and sit on the that rock, you say I'm under with facts that have been posted about the ZR1 for over 18yrs. You also talk LS1 mods the OP was talking stock.
    I dought you've even seen a real ZR1 from 1990 other than maybe a car show probably before you could even drive a car. I actually test drove one back in 90 with my step father who owned Corvettes then and a few LS1s too. I've owned 4 f-bodies my self aswell as drove a couple of LS1 "stock" powered ones. While the LS1 is an impressive it,s NOT the same calibur of car as the ZR1 was period. Hence the price tags. We can argue up and down on this subject getting nowhere fast or we can just enjoy what we drive and shoot the breeze about them. Up to you I'm tight on the subject now.
    For starters, "dought" is spelled d-o-u-b-t. That was annoying the shit out of me. And yes, I have actually have had the privilege of driving a 94 "King of Hill" ZR1". And while it was fun, it was not all that exciting. ZR1's are not as rare as you make them out to be. I have seen plenty of them and not just at "car shows". And the lS1 not being the same "calibur" (spelled: c-a-l-i-b-e-r), you right, the LSX design is a much better more efficient design that trumps the LT5 is every way. The LT5 was a great engine in it's day but way overpriced and complicated. LSX design is far superior in almost everyway. The LS7 in C6 ZO6 is perfect example and it doesn't use a complicated DOHC 32 valve engine to make 500+ hp. It's sounds to me that you have know real understanding or knowledge of LSX engines or late model F Bodies. You say the "Ram Air" TA's are NOT the the same as basic TA's? They are with the exception of a few suspension mods, wheels and the all mighty ram air hood which netted questionable performance gains. That is fact. Anyway, back to the rock.

  2. #22
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    For starters, "dought" is spelled d-o-u-b-t. That was annoying the shit out of me. And yes, I have actually have had the privilege of driving a 94 "King of Hill" ZR1". And while it was fun, it was not all that exciting. ZR1's are not as rare as you make them out to be. I have seen plenty of them and not just at "car shows". And the lS1 not being the same "calibur" (spelled: c-a-l-i-b-e-r), you right, the LSX design is a much better more efficient design that trumps the LT5 is every way. The LT5 was a great engine in it's day but way overpriced and complicated. LSX design is far superior in almost everyway. The LS7 in C6 ZO6 is perfect example and it doesn't use a complicated DOHC 32 valve engine to make 500+ hp. It's sounds to me that you have know real understanding or knowledge of LSX engines or late model F Bodies. You say the "Ram Air" TA's are NOT the the same as basic TA's? They are with the exception of a few suspension mods, wheels and the all mighty ram air hood which netted questionable performance gains. That is fact. Anyway, back to the rock.
    I never said they were "rare"! Just that you'd probably never seen one. Also it's (NO NOT KNOW) and (YOU'RE RIGHT, NOT, YOU RIGHT)! You have no idea what you're talking about period! People like you are why I question my membership here. Do you really think people need the shit you're spewing? Show us facts on where the vast knowledge you profess to have on F-bodies comes from. Books, Magazines, spec sheets, maybe some eye witness acounts?
    Or are you just a troll thread jacker? I think you need to get a handle on that brain mouth thing you got there. It would seem to me your time would be better spent helping people (such as myself) here on this site. So maybe they can know what you "know"! Where do you get your "facts"?
    Have you built various engines and know from indepth experiance one engine is better than another?

    Or are just pissed someone did'nt say something you liked about LS1s? You talk about my lack of knowledge and yet have no facts to contribute! Everything I've said here can be looked up, I listed three places. I mean do you even know how to read? Am I missing where you directed your answers to the OP? The fact is I usually enjoy this site but it seems more and more often there are people (such as yourself) who would rather argue. Tell others (in so many words) they are stupid when they get called out on where they get "their" facts. Rather than shooting the breeze about their cars or other cars. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong! Shit happens! But dont sit there spouting your oppinion is right, and give nothing for someone to check out so that they may learn something too!
    Dont waste my fucking time!

    Thank You and Good Night..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-31-2009 at 02:27 AM.

  3. #23
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I never said they were "rare"! Just that you'd probably never seen one. Also it's (NO NOT KNOW) and (YOU'RE RIGHT, NOT, YOU RIGHT)! You have no idea what you're talking about period! People like you are why I question my membership here. Do you really think people need the shit you're spewing? Show us facts on where the vast knowledge you profess to have on F-bodies comes from. Books, Magazines, spec sheets, maybe some eye witness acounts?
    Or are you just a troll thread jacker? I think you need to get a handle on that brain mouth thing you got there. It would seem to me your time would be better spent helping people (such as myself) here on this site. So maybe they can know what you "know"! Where do you get your "facts"?
    Have you built various engines and know from indepth experiance one engine is better than another?

    Or are just pissed someone did'nt say something you liked about LS1s? You talk about my lack of knowledge and yet have no facts to contribute! Everything I've said here can be looked up, I listed three places. I mean do you even know how to read? Am I missing where you directed your answers to the OP? The fact is I usually enjoy this site but it seems more and more often there are people (such as yourself) who would rather argue. Tell others (in so many words) they are stupid when they get called out on where they get "their" facts. Rather than shooting the breeze about their cars or other cars. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong! Shit happens! But dont sit there spouting your oppinion is right, and give nothing for someone to check out so that they may learn something too!
    Dont waste my fucking time!

    Thank You and Good Night..
    You got me on the KNOW, I'll give you that...I type faster than I can think at times. But looking at your most recent post, I wouldn't be talking. Anyway, Back to your gayeness. I question your membership to this site as well...you obviously have no real knowledge about what your talking about, yet you try to justify it with your "Motor Trend" sources. And now..you're getting all pissed off when someone disagrees with you and calls you out on it. Do you even own an LSX powered car? Sounds like you don't and thats not a bad thing, it's just that your not as knowledgeable on the subject and hopefully that is why you frequent this site. Thats what I do. This site is a wealth of knowledge and I learn something new all the time.

    Your last post just makes you sound even more retarded than you already are. I really hate to turn this thread into a pissing match but its entertaining to me. I love how people (like you) get so worked up on the internet. And calling me a troll is just lame. If anyone is the troll...it would be you. I hope you don't leave the site though...I enjoy reading some of the stupid shit you say. Ive read other stupid shit that you have posted, but I have never said anything to avoid a thread like this. Anyway, I'm not arging the fact that the 90's ZR1 is isn't a fast and cool car. I'm just saying that "Motor Trend" is not gospel and information written in their magazine isn't always that accurate. Many "magazines" have recorded lower ET's in F-Bodies than what Motor trend has published. I'm not going to list all the "sources" to prove a point. It's common knowledge in the LSX community.

    The rock is waiting...

  4. #24
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    At that kinda price I would just buy a brand new LS6 or a used LS3

  5. #25
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Ok guys since I started this crap I'll try and finish it.

    It's common knowledge that the LS1 F-bodies were underated and infact have the same output as the Corvettes of the same year.
    Case in point read this.


    In fact this also brings to our attention that the LS1 Corvettes are basically right on the money for their ratings of 345-350 HP.
    1990 ZR1's were rated at 375 HP and only 25 HP more then an LS1 equipped car.
    This puts it well in the range of driver error for an F-body beating one in the 1/4 mile. Because in a drag race the more powerful car is not always the winner.
    Also the comments about Motor Trend or similar Mags not being a good indication of possible performance is correct. In 1999 GM High Tech Performance Magazine did a test of a `99 Z28. Even Smith a well known guy in the Mustang community at the time drag tested the car and ran a 12.89 @ 109mph in almost perfect weather conditions at Atco Raceway in NJ. Same car was driven by Car and Driver Magazine earlier in the year and they only managed a 13.8
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  6. #26
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    You got me on the KNOW, I'll give you that...I type faster than I can think at times. But looking at your most recent post, I wouldn't be talking. Anyway, Back to your gayeness. I question your membership to this site as well...you obviously have no real knowledge about what your talking about, yet you try to justify it with your "Motor Trend" sources. And now..you're getting all pissed off when someone disagrees with you and calls you out on it. Do you even own an LSX powered car? Sounds like you don't and thats not a bad thing, it's just that your not as knowledgeable on the subject and hopefully that is why you frequent this site. Thats what I do. This site is a wealth of knowledge and I learn something new all the time.

    Your last post just makes you sound even more retarded than you already are. I really hate to turn this thread into a pissing match but its entertaining to me. I love how people (like you) get so worked up on the internet. And calling me a troll is just lame. If anyone is the troll...it would be you. I hope you don't leave the site though...I enjoy reading some of the stupid shit you say. Ive read other stupid shit that you have posted, but I have never said anything to avoid a thread like this. Anyway, I'm not arging the fact that the 90's ZR1 is isn't a fast and cool car. I'm just saying that "Motor Trend" is not gospel and information written in their magazine isn't always that accurate. Many "magazines" have recorded lower ET's in F-Bodies than what Motor trend has published. I'm not going to list all the "sources" to prove a point. It's common knowledge in the LSX community.

    The rock is waiting...
    Ha ha Thanks for your wonderful insight! I also enjoyed reading your posts. I enjoyed being called retarded. Shows your maturety and my post of which you commented on stands. Since you're a great authority on retardation and the LSX. I guess you are right. Thanks for helping me understand where to go to get some of that vast knowledge of yours.
    Maybe you should have this site named after your tag. Since your such a wealth of LS1 knowledge, I guess we are all lucky you're here.
    On a side note I've also read some of your posts.I see that you have a habbit of going from place to place insulting and pissing people off. Not much facts about cars. You are a TROLL!
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-31-2009 at 09:12 AM.

  7. #27
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Ok guys since I started this crap I'll try and finish it.

    It's common knowledge that the LS1 F-bodies were underated and infact have the same output as the Corvettes of the same year.
    Case in point read this.
    Click for full size

    In fact this also brings to our attention that the LS1 Corvettes are basically right on the money for their ratings of 345-350 HP.
    1990 ZR1's were rated at 375 HP and only 25 HP more then an LS1 equipped car.
    This puts it well in the range of driver error for an F-body beating one in the 1/4 mile. Because in a drag race the more powerful car is not always the winner.
    Also the comments about Motor Trend or similar Mags not being a good indication of possible performance is correct. In 1999 GM High Tech Performance Magazine did a test of a `99 Z28. Even Smith a well known guy in the Mustang community at the time drag tested the car and ran a 12.89 @ 109mph in almost perfect weather conditions at Atco Raceway in NJ. Same car was driven by Car and Driver Magazine earlier in the year and they only managed a 13.8
    Thank you.

  8. #28
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Ha ha Thanks for your wonderful insight! I also enjoyed reading your posts. I enjoyed being called retarded. Shows your maturety and my post of which you commented on stands. Since you're a great authority on retardation and the LSX. I guess you are right. Thanks for helping me understand where to go to get some of that vast knowledge of yours.
    Maybe you should have this site named after your tag. Since your such a wealth of LS1 knowledge, I guess we are all lucky you're here.
    On a side note I've also read some of your posts.I see that you have a habbit of going from place to place insulting and pissing people off. Not much facts about cars. You are a TROLL!

    You are such a dumbass. Everytime you post something else it just reinforces the fact. I love the use of the ban smiley and how you keep calling me a troll.

    I have LSX powered car to justify my existence here, do you? Or...is the closest you have is Motor Trend. Although... that is a sweet Chevy Lumina you have in your avatar there. And one more thing, I never claimed to be the "wealth of LS1 knowledge". Everything that I have posted...again...is common knowledge in the LS1 community. You were the one who became upset. I just pointed out the fact that you are annoying and that Motor Trend and other high profile mags are not the end all, be all source of information.

    Last edited by SINISTER-TA; 03-31-2009 at 04:02 PM.

  9. #29
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Mods?

  10. #30
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Mods?

    What do you expect the mods to do? What, you can't deal with it when someone calls you out on something? I'll tell you what, I'll end this as long as you don't post up anymore worthless shit. Ok?

  11. #31
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Mods?

  12. #32
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    What do you expect the mods to do? What, you can't deal with it when someone calls you out on something? I'll tell you what, I'll end this as long as you don't post up anymore worthless shit. Ok?
    I've already taken care of you and ended it.
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-31-2009 at 04:58 PM.

  13. #33
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    What do you expect the mods to do? What, you can't deal with it when someone calls you out on something? I'll tell you what, I'll end this as long as you don't post up anymore worthless shit. Ok?
    NO! You were called out! You've been nothing but insulting since asked for facts on the subject.

  14. #34
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Closing the thread since there are mutliple parties insulting one another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. just curious
    By sandman1972 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 06:02 PM
  2. just curious
    By chuck4345 in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 07:31 PM
  3. curious as too who would win
    By stangslayer98 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
  4. Question: Just curious
    By migueelw in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:17 PM
  5. curious on db ###
    By gsxrsteve in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •