Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just couldnt do it..

This is a discussion on Just couldnt do it.. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by smkn gts hmm how much does it cost to reinforce our stock rear ends? I know new ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by smkn gts View Post
    hmm how much does it cost to reinforce our stock rear ends? I know new rear ends get very expensive
    i'm not sure about reinforcing it. When mine was torn into I found out my carrier was done. I bought my buddies 10 bolt he had laying around and rebuilt it. After everything was said and done to just rebuild the rear end and put the new gears in it cost me $600.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

OP each one has their reasons for selling their cars. After I sold mine back in 2002 I felt like I had a whole in my heart. For a long time it never went away. Last March after I got my current T/A I feel like everything is healing.

My wife knows I'll never sell this one.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

2001camaross.. That isnt too bad, its got to be cheaper then buying new i just hate to spend anymore money because i know ill never get it back, i wish this car didnt have to be daily driver but i just cant afford the insurance for 2 cars while im still in college and only working part time

smws6ta-Yeah that is another thing, my girlfriend loves this car like I do, we are young in fact i just turned 20.. We both cant enjoy a bike like we both enjoy this car

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

hmm how much does it cost to reinforce our stock rear ends? I know new rear ends get very expensive
    don't even bother, trying to build up the 10 bolt is trying to polish a turd

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    don't even bother, trying to build up the 10 bolt is trying to polish a turd
    yea quite frankly the 10 bolt isn't worth the time/money if youre going to mod the motor a lot. I should be fine with mine for awhile tho. Pretty much all stock under the hood, its a garage queen, and its just a cruiser.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There is just no way I would ever send our car down the road. The prior owner has been up to "visit" with her three times since selling to us. I can see the regret in his eyes every time.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    There is just no way I would ever send our car down the road. The prior owner has been up to "visit" with her three times since selling to us. I can see the regret in his eyes every time.
    Yeah I can understand, I just hate feeling guilty driving my car everyday, im not really old enough to properly baby the car like my dad did I guess because I cant afford both insurance payments. I should have the car completely paid off by this fall and when I do I am going to have a tough decision on whether to save the money, finance a bikes, build my car, or buy a true daily driver lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah I can understand, I just hate feeling guilty driving my car everyday, im not really old enough to properly baby the car like my dad did I guess because I cant afford both insurance payments. I should have the car completely paid off by this fall and when I do I am going to have a tough decision on whether to save the money, finance a bikes, build my car, or buy a true daily driver lol
    get a daily driver man. it was the best decision I ever made and I'm a poor college kid.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I really wish I had a garage the car could sit in.. my old house had a 4 car heated garage but my parents fell on hard time now there isnt any room for my car so i put it in storage for the winter lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I really wish I had a garage the car could sit in.. my old house had a 4 car heated garage but my parents fell on hard time now there isnt any room for my car so i put it in storage for the winter lol
    yea That's no fun. My family has 7 cars at the moment and luckily my camaro makes the cut for our 2 car garage. I wish there was a spot for my DD hah

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Adequate garage space is key -- we officially have one too many cars at the moment so I am glad my friend is able to store one for me in his garage.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Yeah will it definitely doesnt sound like a bad problem too have lol

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    get a daily driver man. it was the best decision I ever made and I'm a poor college kid.
    My TA is my daily driver. I say go everywhere in fun and style! I drove my previous TA for 7 years and 175k miles and it held up fine. I wasn't a 'car guy', just did regular fluids/maintenance. The clutch needed some work when I sold it (at 175k, that's not a surprise), but everything else was still solid.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    My TA is my daily driver. I say go everywhere in fun and style! I drove my previous TA for 7 years and 175k miles and it held up fine. I wasn't a 'car guy', just did regular fluids/maintenance. The clutch needed some work when I sold it (at 175k, that's not a surprise), but everything else was still solid.
    i ride in fun and in style in my DD. It's an Altima 3.5 SL (260 hp). It's quick and rides nicely.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I have to admit, I've seen some stylish Altimas out there...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I have to admit, I've seen some stylish Altimas out there...
    yea i love mine. put the wheels on it and thats it. the silver paint is easy to maintain and i can smoke the tires just by putting my foot into the pedal. on top of that it has the luxury. it has the best of both worlds

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hey I thought you were a poor college kid lmao... its all good.. there is a guy at my school his parents bought him an 03 cobra with 550 rwhp for 25k... and they pay for his schooling.. its his 3rd cobra he got his first 97 at 16.. and then 2 03 cobras since then.. must be nice eh?

black
    02 HAWK aka the beast

Hey I thought you were a poor college kid lmao... its all good.. there is a guy at my school his parents bought him an 03 cobra with 550 rwhp for 25k... and they pay for his schooling.. its his 3rd cobra he got his first 97 at 16.. and then 2 03 cobras since then.. must be nice eh?
    Can u say spoiled????

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

nah i got plenty of friends here whose parents bought them $30k+ z06 c5 vettes

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

That must be nice my parents added the extra money to my 1500 bucks to buy my first 1800 dollar car...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information