Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

just bought a...

Beltronics FX2 Accelerometer...

I bought it to practice launching my car. It test tons of stuff.

1/4 mile times,
    60 ft times
    breaking 60-0
    0-60 mph - (0-30 , 0-40 , 0-50 mph too)
    G forces and some other stuff.

I plan to mainly test 0-60 and 60 foot times.

I have always had fwd four bangers until this car, my last was rwd, mid engine MR2. But it was easy to launch.

This car is very tricky to launch (at least for me)

I look forward to perfecting my launch. SO when I do make it to the tracks I won't be embarrassed.

Just thought I would share my newest purchase of a toy with everyone.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Obviously no one cares, or knows what this is. I put a Want to Buy (WTB) ad up for one of these in the general classifed ads, and no one replied. Now I finally buy one and no one has a comment.

It doesnt matter, I just thought, if others had this, they may pipe in and we could spark a conversation about times you are pulling, and techniques and tricks.

Oh well..

It's a cool peice of equipment, you guys should check it out.

It beats going to the dyno after every single modification, to see what the HP raing increased.
    Instead you can bolt on the mod, and do a few test runs with the FX2, and if you shorten your time, then you modication was worth it.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

You have to look at it this way.

If no one had one or knew where to get one when you had it on the WTB then you would not have received a response.

For the FYI on getting one. Give it a little more than a day to get responses from people considering you didn't get any on your earlier post.

I'm not exactly certain what the one you bought is, but I've used a friends that told me those times. It was one that you stuck to your windshield and set the vehicle weight and what not. Of course it was in my previous vehicle that I used it (97 explorer) I was just curious at the time.

Congrats on the buy. Hope you have fun with it.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    You have to look at it this way.

If no one had one or knew where to get one when you had it on the WTB then you would not have received a response.

For the FYI on getting one. Give it a little more than a day to get responses from people considering you didn't get any on your earlier post.

I'm not exactly certain what the one you bought is, but I've used a friends that told me those times. It was one that you stuck to your windshield and set the vehicle weight and what not. Of course it was in my previous vehicle that I used it (97 explorer) I was just curious at the time.
    Congrats on the buy. Hope you have fun with it.
    It's all good, I rarely see a post go a full day without a response, especially with 30+ views.

I was more or less saying - no one has one of these, because I would imagine they would post a reply and share their times with me.

Didn't mean to come off as an A hole.

yellow
    2002 CETA

I was looking into getting one of these but I have'nt done enough research into them yet! Where did you get yours and how much was it? Do any other manufacturers make one similar to yours? Do you think it is very accurate?

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

suppose to be accurate upto a 100th of a second ( or maybe a 1000th) can't remember.

I bought this new a few years ago from Circuit city, but sold it, then i bought this one off ebay .

retails for about 170.

but you can find them for about 130 new
    and I paid 73 used on ebay

we used my first one (before i sold it) in my buddies evo VIII, and his best time were very close to motortrends numbers. same for a guy in his 04 Mach 1

I evidently suck as a driver, so the few runs I have made in my car is bad. like 6.27 0-60 lol.. I am learning on how to launch this damn thing. And the 02 WS6 should be 5.3 or so. I have literally have only done it twice so far. I need to find a good straight stretch of road< I can stop and go 0 -60 on safely. Because where I go, is slightly uphill, and i have to start at a stop sign.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    suppose to be accurate upto a 100th of a second ( or maybe a 1000th) can't remember.

I bought this new a few years ago from Circuit city, but sold it, then i bought this one off ebay .

retails for about 170.

but you can find them for about 130 new
    and I paid 73 used on ebay

we used my first one (before i sold it) in my buddies evo VIII, and his best time were very close to motortrends numbers. same for a guy in his 04 Mach 1

I evidently suck as a driver, so the few runs I have made in my car is bad. like 6.27 0-60 lol.. I am learning on how to launch this damn thing. And the 02 WS6 should be 5.3 or so. I have literally have only done it twice so far. I need to find a good straight stretch of road< I can stop and go 0 -60 on safely. Because where I go, is slightly uphill, and i have to start at a stop sign.
    Is your car an a4 of m6?

yellow
    2002 CETA

This is very similar to the g-tech that I was looking at a while back. I will have to decide which one is better and go from there! Thanks for the info!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

From what I understand they work fairly well.
    But the street won't hook like the track. I use the local 1/4 mile strip to get my times.

But if you are several hours from one, I can understand trying to get a close estimate on how your car goes.

black
    2000 SS convertible

What'd it say your horsepower rating was?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.yellow View Post
    This is very similar to the g-tech that I was looking at a while back. I will have to decide which one is better and go from there! Thanks for the info!
    g-tech, That's the type that my buddy and I used on my explorer. It has been bothering me since I posted my original response and I couldn't call him cause he is on his honeymoon.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Is your car an a4 of m6?
    It's a M6

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbx View Post
    What'd it say your horsepower rating was?

I haven't set that part up yet. I haven't really gotten a chance to mess with it much. I probably will today.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    From what I understand they work fairly well.
    But the street won't hook like the track. I use the local 1/4 mile strip to get my times.

But if you are several hours from one, I can understand trying to get a close estimate on how your car goes.

Im about 90 mins from the track, and they only have Test and Tune nights once a week, on Wed, and I am usually busy on Wed nights. I desperately want to go, but I want to practice my launches and get better at them. I want to be in the 13s Or I will feel like a complete idiot.

(I know altitude plays a large part, but I ain't that high up.)

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I have the FX1, and I like it. I live 220 miles from the nearest track, and with my job I'm lucky to get there once a year. They have also done away with test & tune, 5 weekend races a year. My best 0-60 has been 4.6 sec., and my best 1/4 has been 11.8 @120 mph. Keep using it and your launches should get better. The difference between the FX1 and the FX2 is the FX2 is downloadable, and has remote. FX1-$99.99/FX2-$179.99 from Jegs.
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Update - best 0-60 is 5.15 secs. (Only mod that i know of is SLP lid.
    60 ft time 2.13 <--- I need to improve that)

I am pretty sure the rest is stock ( I just got this car about 90 days ago) and haven't seen any other mods)

What would be a good 330 ft? for a mostly stock WS6 M6?

Thread Information