Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The JAAM Ram Air System???

This is a discussion on The JAAM Ram Air System??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; who said the lower nostrils weren't cold? they are getting the same air as the ws6 hood nostrils. there should ...

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

who said the lower nostrils weren't cold? they are getting the same air as the ws6 hood nostrils. there should be a sealed kit that allows all 4. that would make a bigger difference at high speeds. since all nostrils are coming from same direction, they wouldn't hurt airflow. its just the air coming from the bottom that hurts it. blocking off the lower nostrils just makes no sense.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Dude I'm confused. Who's blocking off the lower nostrils???

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    You're right. The idea is to block the lower nostrils and let all the cold air only in the upper ones. Thats part of the reason for the block off plate.
    The JAAM Ram Air doesn't block the lower nostrils. It tries to use them more efficently.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 06-08-2008 at 06:56 AM.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    You're right. The idea is to block the lower nostrils and let all the cold air only in the upper ones. Thats part of the reason for the block off plate.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

the Jaam Ram Air Kit Uses All 4 Nostrils. There Is No Block Off Plate. Get It????!!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    why dont you guys just get a non ws6?
    it looks a lot better.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    the Jaam Ram Air Kit Uses All 4 Nostrils. There Is No Block Off Plate. Get It????!!
    well you can use bold, but It doesn't seem you know what your talking about.

The JAAM uses a diverter that helps to divert the air flow from the lower nostrils up to the air filter that it places at a different angle. They also advocate the removal air diverters in the upper 2 nostrils. which makes it a strait line for water to get in.

The statement was that he wanted to MAKE a block off so water couldn't come strait in.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

This is getting comical. I'm the one who wants ideas for a removable rain baffle or block off. But honestly I may not really need one.
    Speed Psychosis is talking about something different. He wants to use all 4 nostrils for a cold air/ram air induction. I believe, he thinks (and 4get gto ) the JAAM Ram Air blocks the bottom nostrils. It does not. Like you said steve, the kit comes with a diverter plate to help use all 4 nostrils.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    it looks a lot better.
    true that

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

This is getting comical. I'm the one who wants ideas for a removable rain baffle or block off. But honestly I may not really need one.
    Speed Psychosis is talking about something different. He wants to use all 4 nostrils for a cold air/ram air induction. I believe, he thinks (and 4get gto ) the JAAM Ram Air blocks the bottom nostrils. It does not. Like you said steve, the kit comes with a diverter plate to help use all 4 nostrils.

Have you taken them out.. just use a drill bit and kill the rivets ( carefully though. I kept my old pieces and picked up some wing nuts and bolts that i could hold on to the other end of. they fit right through the origional holes. It's kind of a pain in the ass to put them on. but there is no really descent way to block off the bottom air ducts so water still Could get in. you could take a piece of plastic and block off the back part of the two top ram air holes.

I have actually put some thought into getting a cutting wheel and making the back side more open. so even more air can get in. This isn't really for HP.. just to make me feel good. If it gets super bad just take some duck tape and block off the top nostrils.. you won't be going wide open throttle in the rain anyway right?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah I got the baffles out of the hood and thats where I assume the water is getting in, but I suppose it could also come in the bottom nostrils too, especially with the diverter plate there now. I was hoping to maybe have a velcro in panel or something quick I could use on a rainy day, but now I'm thinking I don't need one. I mean yesterday was super rainy and the water didn't make it pass the filter. Maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.
    Does any one have any pics of the BG ram air thing with the rain baffles?

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

i dont want to do anything i dont have a ws6 lol. i was just putting in my opinion that the lower nostrils are good for flow. im not arguing over the kit either as i have never seen it. i was just commenting on what the other guy said (which had made me think it blocked the lowers).

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

alright cool

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I removed the baffles and have had no prob I live in seattle it rains more here than anywhere else I am nor worried,,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information