last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

Its a heartbreaker. Need Opinions

Arright so its about that time for me to decide whether or not i'm gonna stay in this city of GA forever and keep my t/a, or sell the t/a in order to offord an apartment plus college bills. I FINALLY got my dream car and now i'm going to have to put it up for sell. whats everyone think...?

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

I hate to say it, but if you are able to better your life from this move, I think it will be a good decision. Its hard to say, but these cars will be here when you get done with college. Save your nickels, get through college and then you will have time and money to devote to a play toy. If you can still keep it then thats a major plus, but i wouldn't sacrafice opporotunity and self improvement for a car. I dunno, thats my couple a cents

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

+1. Dream cars will be there when you're done with college. I just graduated about 7 months ago and just bought a T/A. I had a bad ass truck during college but had to down grade for 3 years to pay for school... but it's all worth it in the end. School and careers are important, Trans Ams will be there... And who knows, maybe in 2011, if the T/A comes back (I hope...) you could get that.... my 2 cents...

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

We don't need the t/a's to come back, it will drive the prices of cars down. I like knowing i've got a bad ass car that is no longer in production.

2000 Silver WS6 M6
    2002 Black Tahoe

Hummmm . . . I graduated with a BA in psychology 7 years ago and make 50k a year and can now just afford a LS1 due to my mortgage, etc. But you have to think. As soon as you get out of college, you have student loans that are now due, a job to look for, you own apartment(again), your own living expenses, your own health insurance premiums, the list goes on. If you can afford a T/A right after college . . my hats off to you!

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SLP_WS6 View Post
    Hummmm . . . I graduated with a BA in psychology 7 years ago and make 50k a year and can now just afford a LS1 due to my mortgage, etc. But you have to think. As soon as you get out of college, you have student loans that are now due, a job to look for, you own apartment(again), your own living expenses, your own health insurance premiums, the list goes on. If you can afford a T/A right after college . . my hats off to you!
    Thanks.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP_WS6 View Post
    i bought mine as a "gift to me" for graduating/moving out/landing a career job right out of college...dunno..just made it work i guess

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Not to talk shit but i could never justify the expense of college to make 50k a year. I have plenty of friends that make 80-130k a year with nothing more than a high school diploma. I'll be close to six figures within a few years myself. And yes they all make it legally.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well it depends also on what makes you happy some job require college degrees and if thats what you wanna do then you need to go, i went to college for a while never figured out what i wanted to do cause the truth is i dont really wanna do anything but party, eat, race and fuck. I quit college and as a college drop out i make 60k a year but its all about what you want. If your not sure waht you wanna do dont waste your time and money at college if you know go for it and if your like me then get a job where you can just talk on ls1.com all day like i am doing right now lol.

And yes i make most of mine legally

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

if u own the car and theres no loan keep it, if uve got a loan out on it maybe getting rid of the car is the best idea for u.
    good luck, stay in school... i wish i never would have left!! its hard as hell to get back when uve got a shit load of bills..

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

True t/a guru but i just laugh about how i heard all through life that you need to go to college to make good money. Now a days going to college doesn't gaurantee that your gonna make X amount of money though. I do go to work to make money though isn't exactly something i enjoy doing while getting paid for it.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah i dont really like my job but im goin to school to get certified so i can work at my friends shop. Making around the same money but it will be something i love to do work on cars. I figure you gotta find something you wont get sick of i have been working on cars since i was 14 so im thinking i wont get sick of it since i havent yet.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

you'll regret selling your car. it just depends how bad you want the other option.
    Don't take other people's advice because you have to live with the decision.

Thread Information