Question Its all mine! ....amp and subwoofer

Thanks again for the advice on the T/A that I was considering buying last week....I ended up buying it...I simply fell in love with the car...

now, the guy that sold me the car wants to know if he can buy back the amp and subwoofer.....I'm not that familiar with these things, but I did some research online and cost is around $ 600 for similar set up?
    The amp is a Kenwood 8101D 1000watts....the subwoofer speakers (2) are 12 inch Rockford Fosgate (red design-so i think they are a little older) on them...he had built a custom box for them and it fits where the t-tops usually do....

He wants to give me $100 cash and "higher end" BAER ERADISPEED drilled rotors that he had taken off T/A prior to selling it to me (had 500 miles on the rotors according to him before he took them off and replaced with T/A's original stock rotors)

so, my question is...is this fair trade or do i ask for more $?
    are these rotors that much better that i should replace the stock ones? the car only has 26K on it...

if i give up the amp/subwoofer...i would want to buy another set to replace it--probably not as big speakers because i dont need that much but regardless, the $100 would not help much...

so what do you think?????

thanks

roxy
    Last edited by roxybird; 08-06-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Black
    2000 TA

I would keep the set up or ask for at least 300 for everything. then again it depends on what he sold you the car for.

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

i have done a lot of car stereos and that set up is worth quite a bit more than 100, i agree that at the very least you should ask for 300. its gonna cost almost that for a good amp, then let alone two subs and a box, thats another few hundred..i honestly would prolly just keep that set up.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Keep the setup. I have heard that Drilled rotors can crack. Wouldn't want to put them on my TA. Slotted and Dimpled is all I will do, when I have the money.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Yeah i'd keep the stereo, if he wanted them he should have taken them out before putting the car up for sale. Doesn't make much sense to me seeing how they belonged to him to begin with.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Yeah i'd keep the stereo, if he wanted them he should have taken them out before putting the car up for sale. Doesn't make much sense to me seeing how they belonged to him to begin with.
    ^ yeah, something is shady about him wanting them back. and you can surely get the rotors for cheaper than replacing the audio setup. and You'll probably get a lot more enjoyment out of the stereo than some rotors that he apparently wanted more than the stereo in the first place. I'd tell him 'no thanks'.

Thread Information