interior qwestiones?

This is a discussion on interior qwestiones? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; first Q? What is all supposed to light up when the lights are turned on such as steering wheel controls? ...

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

interior qwestiones?

first Q? What is all supposed to light up when the lights are turned on such as steering wheel controls? Heater/ ac controls and window/ lock switches? The reason im asking is because non of these light up just want to know if they are supposed to or not before i tear it apart.

Dos Q? How the hell do you take the bezel off from around the stereo head unit? its a 98 ta with aftermarket head unit. When i had my 97 maro it just popped off with no problems but i have tried a couple times with little pressure and dont want to pull to hard and break it if there is a screw to remove.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    first Q? What is all supposed to light up when the lights are turned on such as steering wheel controls? Heater/ ac controls and window/ lock switches? The reason im asking is because non of these light up just want to know if they are supposed to or not before i tear it apart.
    the window/door switches themselves do not light up.

everything else should.

Dos Q? How the hell do you take the bezel off from around the stereo head unit? its a 98 ta with aftermarket head unit. When i had my 97 maro it just popped off with no problems but i have tried a couple times with little pressure and dont want to pull to hard and break it if there is a screw to remove.
    it is held in with pins. use a couple very flat head screwdrivers and wedge them around the inside of a corner, then work your way around prying it off, (i turn the screw driver instead of using it like a lever) the peice flexes quite a bit.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

thanks so the steering wheel controls should light up and the area around the fan/ heat/ac also right?

1998 Trans Am

thanks so the steering wheel controls should light up and the area around the fan/ heat/ac also right?
    yes

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok next one? Will the steering wheel controls light up with a aftermarket stereo in the car? i do not have the adapter that allows me to use them with a aftermarket stereo.

Just wondering if the bulbs get their light power from the original cable that is used?

1998 Trans Am

ok next one? Will the steering wheel controls light up with a aftermarket stereo in the car? i do not have the adapter that allows me to use them with a aftermarket stereo.

Just wondering if the bulbs get their light power from the original cable that is used?
    yes, but obviously they will not function

Thread Information