Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Interesting Repair (Cruise Control)

I was working on installing my Car Stereo when I discovered why my cruise control no longer worked.

It hasn't worked for 8 months or so, and it hasn't really bothered me because I hardly ever used it.

Anyways, I was under the driver side with the panels off looking for a place to put a hole through the firewall so I could run my amp power line and I looked up and saw the switch that tells when the clutch is released. I noticed that it didn't look depressed at all. So I adjusted it so that it would. And wouldn't you know it. Fixed my cruise control.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

whoa, hey! where EXACTLY is that. I had a mechanic put in my LS7 clutch kit, and now my cruise doesn't work either....any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Just take the panels off under your steering wheel. Don't break the bottom one. There are only a couple of bolts on the edge towards the seat. The other side and two small areas that just rest on a the side panel and a little edge on the firewall. Push up on that side before pulling it out. If you force it more than likely you'll break it and it's a $45 part, i think. Mine was broke when I bought the car.

Follow the clutch up and you will see a sensor that may or may not be touching your clutch. It's mostly white with a black button. You can unplug the wires then rotate until it's where it will be depressed when you're off the clutch.

Of course, If that's fine then you have something else wrong.

Thread Information