Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

insurance prices.

This is a discussion on insurance prices. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; well guys heres my story, i had a 1999 V6 Firebird when we switched insurance to Texas Farm Bureau. Price: ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    insurance prices.

    well guys heres my story, i had a 1999 V6 Firebird when we switched insurance to Texas Farm Bureau. Price: $135/mo. in April i bought my 1998 T/A, called them up BEFORE i bought it, Price: $140/mo. and thats what i've been paying. now they have 'revaluated' for this year and the new price per month is a grand spankin' $550. not sure what i can do... i'm on my dads policy and we are all fighting for fairness.

    any suggestions you guys?

  2. #2
    Member pewterz55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    502

    light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

    thats what i get quoted for insurance all the time. i pay like 1200 every six months, for full coverage, but i went with a shitty shitty shitty company. i guess thats the risk im taking to save the money. (also, im 20, i hear first cut in payments is 21, and i got one speeding ticket)

  3. #3
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    $550 a MONTH!? does your TA have two wheels or something!? man oh man.
    have you been in any accidents or have a lot of tickets?
    i pay $94/month on mine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    $550 a MONTH!? does your TA have two wheels or something!? man oh man.
    have you been in any accidents or have a lot of tickets?
    i pay $94/month on mine.
    no way. 100% clean records. nothing has changed between now and April. its bull. so i'm looking for a way around it.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Sounds like the price of being 18 years old to me. You can shop around, but one benefit of staying on the family policy is stacked coverages (if your father has that). I always tell people they need to have underinsured and uninsured coverage as that is what protects you. Liability only takes care of the other driver. There are way to many asshats out there driving around texting on their cell phones with little or no coverage.

  6. #6
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sounds like the price of being 18 years old to me. You can shop around, but one benefit of staying on the family policy is stacked coverages (if your father has that). I always tell people they need to have underinsured and uninsured coverage as that is what protects you. Liability only takes care of the other driver. There are way to many asshats out there driving around texting on their cell phones with little or no coverage.
    the problem is that i have been paying $140/mo for the T/A, and they have now decided to skyrocket the price for no particular reason. Its completely unfair. and yes i'm trying to stay away from liability only buut..

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    the problem is that i have been paying $140/mo for the T/A, and they have now decided to skyrocket the price for no particular reason. Its completely unfair. and yes i'm trying to stay away from liability only buut..

    I wonder if they entered the T/A wrong on your original policy. That is a hell of jump for basically the same car and no change in coverage.

  8. #8
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I wonder if they entered the T/A wrong on your original policy. That is a hell of jump for basically the same car and no change in coverage.
    not possible, they use the VIN, and i specifically told them it was a V8 to clarify...

  9. #9
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    $550/month? DAYUM!

    Ins co--><--You

    And I thought I was getting shafted having to pay $420 every 6 months for full coverage on 2 Z28's.

  10. #10
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    I have never, ever heard of 550 a month. I would switch personally. I had State Farm, switched to a local place and saved a bunch. I know people with DUI's and speeding tickets up the arse, and they're not close to 550 a month.

    I see two options for you. Sell the car(who can afford 550 a month in INSURANCE?) Or, go to a different insurance company.

    550 a month is crazy.

  11. #11
    Junior Member nmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    38

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    I was under my parents policy with progressive and wanted a quote for my own and they wanted 170 a month and I have a clean driving record. Called geico and they told me they had new low rates for the state of GA and full coverage would be 70.00 a month with towing and I couldnt believe it. And Im only 24

  12. #12
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I have never, ever heard of 550 a month. I would switch personally. I had State Farm, switched to a local place and saved a bunch. I know people with DUI's and speeding tickets up the arse, and they're not close to 550 a month.

    I see two options for you. Sell the car(who can afford 550 a month in INSURANCE?) Or, go to a different insurance company.

    550 a month is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    I was under my parents policy with progressive and wanted a quote for my own and they wanted 170 a month and I have a clean driving record. Called geico and they told me they had new low rates for the state of GA and full coverage would be 70.00 a month with towing and I couldnt believe it. And Im only 24
    thanks guys for the info.. really helps

  13. #13
    Member Pickle86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kanas city Mo
    Age
    31
    Posts
    151

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

    dang that sucks. i have geico and pay 80 bucks for my 2000 ws6 full coverage 250 deductible. call geico see what you can get

  14. #14
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,997

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    now they have 'revaluated' for this year and the new price per month is a grand spankin' $550.
    I think they are trying to scare you away because they don't wanna cover you.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I have never, ever heard of 550 a month. I would switch personally. I had State Farm, switched to a local place and saved a bunch. I know people with DUI's and speeding tickets up the arse, and they're not close to 550 a month.

    I see two options for you. Sell the car(who can afford 550 a month in INSURANCE?) Or, go to a different insurance company.

    550 a month is crazy.
    I got into trouble with my first bird and when I bought my 01 ws6 they did the same bs to me. they quote off of the base model then run the vin. the end result for me was $786.00 a month for full coverage + $390.00 a month for the car. I could just barly afford to maintain the car, and I could only realy drive to work. This went on for 5 years with the insurance cost dropping every year. now they get $167.00 a month

  16. #16
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    i was quoted 868 for full coverage low deductibles in ohio

  17. #17
    "The Snake Skinner" Smokaholik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    199

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

    my insurance was going to be close to that if i put it in my name but thats because i havent had insurance on a car in 8 years(suspended license) and when your starting fresh i guess insurance is hella expensive. So i talked my father into putting the car under his policy and just make me an occasional driver. its now only like $260 for 6 months.

  18. #18
    Member SuperSport346's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    187

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    I'm 18, and have an at-fault accident on my record from two years ago. No tickets though, as I fought and won both that I got.

    I'm "only" paying about $250/month. I have better than basic insurance on it too.

  19. #19
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Wow, sucks to be you guys

  20. #20
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Switch.

    I have AAA, so I overpay for insurance for being a "member" and I'm only paying $1100 a year (I think) for broad coverage with a low deductable and free loaner.

    Free towing comes with it, no spare tire needed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SS prices...
    By ls1forlife in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 04:26 AM
  2. low prices?
    By guitarjay76 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 04:23 AM
  3. GTO Prices
    By Hot Black Trans-Am in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
  4. Car Prices
    By RainDownmyBlues in forum General Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
  5. Prices
    By mysspassion in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •