Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Question Installing Ram Air grilles on Trufiber hood??

Has anyone done this?? There is nothing there to attach them to. Does the stock ram air hood wrap around the edges to accommodate the two screws that hold the grilles in??? I am going to drill out the rivets that hold the baffles in so I can get at the mesh screens that's currently in there and cut that crap out. Might just leave those baffles out then unless someone can give me a good reason to rivet them back in. If there are no factory brackets to hold the grilles in I will customize my own out of sheet metal but before I do that I wanna make sure there isn't something out there already. Any help is greatly appreciated. And maybe a close up pic of a stock ram air hood grille area with the grille removed (I know that's asking a lot but I figured I'd throw it out there)!!!!

Chris

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Hey chris its me again, I have the same hood that came with the same crappy ass mesh. I just cut out the mesh completly with some wire snips and used emblem tape to hold the ram air grilles in. i wanted to use screws or bolts but if you've noticed theres no clearance for your hand to thread them. wish i could be of more help but all i can says they need to put in the stock grills. that mesh is cheap. you got anymore questions feel free to ask

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Hey chris its me again, I have the same hood that came with the same crappy ass mesh. I just cut out the mesh completly with some wire snips and used emblem tape to hold the ram air grilles in. i wanted to use screws or bolts but if you've noticed theres no clearance for your hand to thread them. wish i could be of more help but all i can says they need to put in the stock grills. that mesh is cheap. you got anymore questions feel free to ask

I remember you saying that, but it looks as if I drill out the rivets and take the baffles out, there should be plenty of room to get back there then. Worth a shot anyway.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

subscribed

Hey guys same hood hear...also with the gay inserts lol.

I wanted to replace it as well.Have bigger problems now but i will get around to it in a few.

Let us know what you come up with i have no ideal where to start.

How about the led lights inside of the ram air nostrils...Come'on chris you sound like a smart guy that can figure out something inorder for us to do that mod to our hoods

let us know what you come up with
    Last edited by NorthwoodDavid; 09-06-2008 at 11:09 AM.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    Hey guys same hood hear...also with the gay inserts lol.

I wanted to replace it as well.Have bigger problems now but i will get around to it in a few.

Let us know what you come up with i have no ideal where to start.

How about the led lights inside of the ram air nostrils...Come'on chris you sound like a smart guy that can figure out something inorder for us to do that mod to our hoods

let us know what you come up with

I'll post as soon as I start messing with it. I'll have to keep my pattern for the parts in case there are a few others that might need it!!

Later

Chris

Thread Information