Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Im tryin to buy this.

Ok so I got $5k to buy a daily driver so i can park the vette. For a while i was seeing decent Lt1 birds on craigslist pretty often for that price or less. I figured it would be cool to have another lt1 to putt around in. So i found one on craigslist wich has been posted every day for like a month. The guy wants $3500. So i called saturday and he was at work and wasnt gettin off until late. Cool. Lets do it sunday. So i called yesterday and no answer. I texted him asking did he sell it or not cause i was interested and had cash. No reply until 3-4 hours later. He said he was at work again (which he told me the day before that he would be off), but that he could for sure do it tomorrow (monday). So, ill wait til around 11am to give him a call, and hopefully he shoots straight with me. If the car was posted every day for a month, you would think that he would wanna make the effort to make the sale. Heres a link to the car.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1652868340.html

Black
    1999 Trans Am

He might not wan't to sell it. It may be a wife mandated thing, or something of that nature. When I bought mine that was the situation. You could tell the guy I bought mine from was not happy to see it go.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by zahn33 View Post
    He might not wan't to sell it. It may be a wife mandated thing, or something of that nature. When I bought mine that was the situation. You could tell the guy I bought mine from was not happy to see it go.
    well when i called him he gave me all the details of how well it drives and all the new stuff he had done to it. Hes definately not a bird lover because when i asked if $3500 was the correct price, he said "yea man im not gonna ask more than that for a f@#kin trans am." I thought to myself 'i love people like this". ..

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    well when i called him he gave me all the details of how well it drives and all the new stuff he had done to it. Hes definately not a bird lover because when i asked if $3500 was the correct price, he said "yea man im not gonna ask more than that for a f@#kin trans am." I thought to myself 'i love people like this". ..
    Some folks consider our cars cheap cars even when they were band-new.. Especially some whom drive 70,000 plus dollar sedans and such.. Unfortunately they are right..

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Some folks consider our cars cheap cars even when they were band-new.. Especially some whom drive 70,000 plus dollar sedans and such.. Unfortunately they are right..
    There needs to be more of these people around when I'm lookin to buy.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

There needs to be more of these people around when I'm lookin to buy.
    no shit !

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

needls1again, you could get an ls1 for 5k, with less miles than that trans am too.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    needls1again, you could get an ls1 for 5k, with less miles than that trans am too.
    i sure wish i could find one around here for that price.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Put an ad on craigslist saying you have 4k or 5k for an ls1 camaro or trans am, dont leave a phone number, just allow people to respond to your ad by emailing you. Make sure you tell them to send pics when they respond.....You will get someone with at least an ls1 z28 i gaurantee it. i bought mine for 4,400 w/130k.....i had posted an ad like the one im telling you to post and i got a few responses......one i got after i bought my car was a guy that wanted to sell his white z28 with 118k for 3,500$. Just be patient and you will find one.

pewter
    99 trans am

Put an ad on craigslist saying you have 4k or 5k for an ls1 camaro or trans am, dont leave a phone number, just allow people to respond to your ad by emailing you. Make sure you tell them to send pics when they respond.....You will get someone with at least an ls1 z28 i gaurantee it. i bought mine for 4,400 w/130k.....i had posted an ad like the one im telling you to post and i got a few responses......one i got after i bought my car was a guy that wanted to sell his white z28 with 118k for 3,500$. Just be patient and you will find one.
    I may try that. I see adds like this every once in a while, but for some reason i think to myself "this guy is never gonna get that deal." Maybe i will be "that guy" and see what happens.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Thats the samething i said to myself when i first thought of the idea to do that but then i figured it couldnt hurt to try and theres no way that anyone would be able to tell im ''that guy" who posted the "crazy ad" trying to get an ls1 for hella cheap lol......

pewter
    99 trans am

so i posted the ad. Im officially "that guy." lets hope i get some good replies.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

so i posted the ad. Im officially "that guy." lets hope i get some good replies.
    LOL goodluck....... and give it a few days, also if there is a major city around you, post an ad in that towns craigslist as well.

pewter
    99 trans am

LOL goodluck....... and give it a few days, also if there is a major city around you, post an ad in that towns craigslist as well.
    well closest major cities are dallas and austin. those are like 3-4 hrs away. im in houston, so there may be a hope. I figured that someone willing to sell their ls1 that cheap may not even know that their engine is called "ls1", so i posted that im lookin for a 98-02 firebird/trans am or camaro..must be a v8.
    maybe someone will be interested.

pewter
    99 trans am

well i spoke to a friend of mine on facebook that works at a car lot. they had a red 99 t/a a while back that i was gonna finance but someone beat me to it. They are about to repo the car and she said they may sell it to me for 5k or less, depending on the condition of the car when they get it back. Im keepin my fingers crossed.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

well closest major cities are dallas and austin. those are like 3-4 hrs away. im in houston, so there may be a hope. I figured that someone willing to sell their ls1 that cheap may not even know that their engine is called "ls1", so i posted that im lookin for a 98-02 firebird/trans am or camaro..must be a v8.
    maybe someone will be interested.
    LOL!!! i posted it the exact sameway for the exact same reasonhaha

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

well i spoke to a friend of mine on facebook that works at a car lot. they had a red 99 t/a a while back that i was gonna finance but someone beat me to it. They are about to repo the car and she said they may sell it to me for 5k or less, depending on the condition of the car when they get it back. Im keepin my fingers crossed.
    that would be awesome, hopefully you can get an ls1 one way or another

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

good luck

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That would be great. Good luck

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

So I was laughing my ass off at this craigslist ad today.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1655868847.html

Turns out it was you.

GL. Hope you can find one.

Thread Information