Black
    1998 formula trans am

I'm stumped please help!!!

I have a 98 formula LS1 6 speed and ever since I changed the engine the service engine soon light has been on. At first it was showing I needed one oxygen sensor. I put in a new one and within a few days the service light was back on. Ive had misfires but they are all gone. My current problem is I have failure codes for all 4 oxygen sensors and there is a very low TPS reading and no reading at all of RPM's when running the scanner. I was told to change the crank sensor and that is done, I cleared the codes and they popped back up same thing low TPS and No RPM and all 4 oxy codes. Im not the best with my scanner but I also saw some egr problems. Ive cleaned all my grounds up still the same. Any ideas? Wondering if the computer is fried? Has anybody ever dealt with these problems? Car runs like shit and Im running out of patience

Red
    1999 Trans Am ws.6

u put the same engine in rebuilt?or a new 1? u pry missed a couple plugs or wires were pinched seems like theres alot of bad sensors if its a replaced engine..hmmm nething else?

Black
    1998 formula trans am

It was a used bare shortblock that I changed everything over to. I dont think there is any pinched wires, I was very careful. Spark plug wires are new so I dont think that has anything to do with it.

Red
    1999 Trans Am ws.6

Hmm..could possibly be your computer..id have it flashed and programed...is it ur cpu or the new blocks?my friend yhad a similar problem and his cpu need to be flashed for the engine.since your sensors are good and new..that doesn't just happen like urs did...reflash n see where your at them..unless anyone has other info

Thread Information