Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Im SOOOO PISSED

This is a discussion on Im SOOOO PISSED within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Your probably right with the T-56 being faster on a roll but I can't tell the 1/4 times for that. ...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Your probably right with the T-56 being faster on a roll but I can't tell the 1/4 times for that. I meant from an actual 1/4 race from a dead stop the A4 would be faster on a stripper Z. BTW i didnt know that SS hoods were lighter thx for the input.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

so the scanner said that it was multiple cylinder missfire, could be anything im thinking its electrical, but if it was where would that loud ass noise becomming from which leads me to believe its the valve train.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Racing your car on the street isn't the smartest thing to do, i rarely do it. But racing it while your stoned is just plain stupid. I don't have a problem with pot, used to smoke it everyday in my younger days but racing while high and endagering other people isn't the best thing to be doing.
    Agreed. I'm a daily smoker, but I smoke like most people drink. Come home from work, smoke, and relax. Never, ever, ever smoke before I drive, if I have to drive soon, or while driving. I could never live with myself if I injured another person while driving, much less if it happened because of something that could have been avoided. Driving stoned is just as bad as driving drunk. Not condoning anyones habits. Like I said, I'm a smoker, but at least be smart about it.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol i do the same thing, but never driving while smoking thats just retarded i do know people who drive poorly when high because they just dotn pay attention, i have been driving for 3 years now high. I used to work for a rental car shop the rented cars out of the airport and used to drive atleast 50 cars a night and the whole time i was doin that i was baked. I have also never crashed a car or been in any accident other then the time my mother backed into my car in the driveway. I drive just fine when im high, if you think driving high is any harder than just driving then your just retarded.

One of my favorite things to do is smoke then go for a drive with the t-tops off and smoke some cigs.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Your probably right with the T-56 being faster on a roll but I can't tell the 1/4 times for that. I meant from an actual 1/4 race from a dead stop the A4 would be faster on a stripper Z. BTW i didnt know that SS hoods were lighter thx for the input.
    there is no way with equal drivers, an automatic would cross the line quicker than a 1sc. no way. the stripper model can run a 13 flat on street tires, and im sure if the driver was good it would go high high twelves just like an ss.

im sorry to disappoint the automatic drivers, but if you dont have a stall you really dont have a chance. its just the way it is.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Auto drivers are always gonna say they dont loose to stick and im a stick driver who hasnt lost to a auto with equal mods, of course ive lost to some highly modded autos. Without a stall autos arent even fun to race, i personally love drop races and you cant really do drops in an auto, i know i used to own a non-stalled formula.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    there is no way with equal drivers, an automatic would cross the line quicker than a 1sc. no way. the stripper model can run a 13 flat on street tires, and im sure if the driver was good it would go high high twelves just like an ss.

im sorry to disappoint the automatic drivers, but if you dont have a stall you really dont have a chance. its just the way it is.
    The SS doesnt do high 12s, but yes a stripper Z28 auto vs. a stripper Z28 manual the auto would win. If they are both stock, the sticks would spin there tires I think through 2 gear. Im not saying autos are always faster, I seen manuals beat the shit out of autos and vis versa. But bone stock strippers in auto and manual the auto would win.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    I do think that the LT1 can run low 13s with just intake and tires. And some LS1 cars can hit 12s bone stock. The fastest LS1 you can get is a Camaro Z28/Firebird Automatic manuel windows, 16 inch stock rims, stock hoods are lighter then the SS hoods, and a few other options that makes the car lighter plus with the A4. I seen some down here like that hit high 12s bone stock.
    you can def get a 1le lt1 with just cai and dr's under 13.5
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You reasoning for the M6 loosing is cause it spins through second? i just chirp the tires off the line and then grip then goin into second i chirp and then into 3rd i chirp but i dont just spin, i hook just fine and i have beaten many auto ls1 cars.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I have to agree with 2000T/A Guru the manual will be faster in ET and in MPH.
    Theres no real skill involved in launching a stock auto, where as the manual requires alot of practice launching and shifting. And don't forget that not all auto's are created equal.(2.73's or 3.23's)
    Most experienced street racers with a manual would rather go from a 5-10 roll, esp. a manual vs manual as this gives neither car a real advantage and saves clutch life. Auto drivers always want to go from a dead dig because they alway think they have the advantage. Sometimes they do but most of the time they don't.
    Let me put it this way based on my experience, if the auto gets out by a half a car the manual will still run him down before the 1/4 mile is over. If the manual gets out ahead then the race is over.(unless he blows a shift)
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah if an auto gets me by half a car off the line i usually pass them before the end of second

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well bases on what I seen down here we did get a few races between the auto and manual bone stock strippers,
    on each run the auto won by usually half a car length at 12.8 usually. The guy that was driving the stick is a pretty good driver so I don't think he would of messed up in every race. But again it was from a dead stop.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    i have a video of me in my goat (auto, stock 3.46 gears, only mods=dual cutouts, stock to paper air filter)...racing my buddys 99 m6 ls1 formula with longtubes, lid, cutout....he dynoed 321 to the ground...now my rt was slightly better but oonly slightly....but i took him bout 70% down the track and he passed me at about the middle to the end of third...his car is def faster, and from a roll he'd kill me...but from a stop i had a great advantage because of my auto, and gears

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

who cares about m6's? most of us drag race and i dare you to out shift a stage 3 tranny, stalled, and geared auto.

Pewter
    2000 z28

The SS doesnt do high 12s, but yes a stripper Z28 auto vs. a stripper Z28 manual the auto would win. If they are both stock, the sticks would spin there tires I think through 2 gear. Im not saying autos are always faster, I seen manuals beat the shit out of autos and vis versa. But bone stock strippers in auto and manual the auto would win.
    yes as a matter of fact many many people have realized 12.99s, 12.98s with bone stock ss cars. a 12.99 and .98 is a high 12 the last time i checked. and no, once again the stripper model is only an auto. and even if the two went at it, the manual should win. stock power in a drag race is not going to cause an out of control second gear spin like your describing. all this is based on too many factors, but in reality a manual is a few tenths faster if driven right.

Well bases on what I seen down here we did get a few races between the auto and manual bone stock strippers,
    on each run the auto won by usually half a car length at 12.8 usually. The guy that was driving the stick is a pretty good driver so I don't think he would of messed up in every race. But again it was from a dead stop.
    so a stripper can go 12.8s but an ss cant go 12.90s?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

SS's usually have more weight and bigger rims with more options on them. Yea they are worth more have and have an apperence package but compared to have something with the same power and weight less then yea it would be slightly slower.

Pewter
    2000 z28

SS's usually have more weight and bigger rims with more options on them. Yea they are worth more have and have an apperence package but compared to have something with the same power and weight less then yea it would be slightly slower.
    they have run high 12s. im not going to argue fact. look it up.

and what does the appearance package have to do with anything?
    its not that much weight. the key is they have slightly more power and a slightly better suspension set up.

you said an ss wouldnt run high 12s and im telling you they have stock.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Once again your talking about the stage 3 stalled autos, who cares your a street racer with no skill you let the computer do all the shifting, a old lady can do the same thing you guys do with a day of practice. Alright grandma here it goes hold the brake and the gas good,now let off the brake and push the gas pedal down, ok now just hold it there for a few more seconds and you got it, whoohoo another perfectly BORING pass. I like stick because i like to actually do something other than hold the pedal down, otherwise your no better a racer than anyone else you just have a nicer car then most.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Once again your talking about the stage 3 stalled autos, who cares your a street racer with no skill you let the computer do all the shifting, a old lady can do the same thing you guys do with a day of practice. Alright grandma here it goes hold the brake and the gas good,now let off the brake and push the gas pedal down, ok now just hold it there for a few more seconds and you got it, whoohoo another perfectly BORING pass.
    Seriously?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thread closed due to discussion of driving under the influence of narcotics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information