Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im SOOOO PISSED

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Im SOOOO PISSED

So there is this kid around who has a 95 z28 a4 with a stall, 3.73 rear end gears, headers exhaust good tires and a tune. He tells me he ran a 13.7 and that my cars weak i was like i have hit high 12s go away, he kept saying shit so we raced 4 times 1st race was a 1st gear drop i won by 5 cars, the next 3 were from a dead stop, i made a huge mistake first race and left my traction control on sorry i was baked my bad, i still won by about 6 cars the next 2 i really slammed gears and beat him by 8 or so cars each time, he said good race then went out seperate ways, about 2 hours later im just driving about 45 in 4th and i hear a loud ticking noise i look at my front left tire cause i was having problems wit hit lately and then my car just shut off. I pulled over tried to start it, i have to gas it to keep it running and it just sound like i have the biggest cam ever put in a ls1 in my car. Runs really rich no leaks no smoke but loud ticking coming from the driver side head it sounds like. I think it might be a push rod, Does anyone have any clue what this is AHHHHHHHHHHH.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

smoking pot is bad mmkay?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Sounds like some kind of rod

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Could be a pushrod.

But it would have to be more than one to make it run that bad.
    I wouldn't drive it until you can check all of them.
    They aren't that hard to check.

Run what you brung

Black
    2002 Transam

like lous said, check your pushrods..... but when you do. you might as well put in upgraded rods while you are there.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I really can drive it, the car wont stay running unless i keep revving to atleast 3k. Lets hope my warrenty covers this. There is no metal in the oil the oil was actually right where it should be and it looks pretty much new cause it almost is.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Does the tick get worse as the motor spins up??

Did you bounce off the limiter or miss a shift?
    If it is a pushrod, you broke one.

Hard to determine without hearing it though.
    Could be much worse than a pushrod...like a spun bearing.
    Good luck with the warrenty shit.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No i havent red lined the car for atleast 3 weeks now, and as for pushrods i already have a chromoly set in my room, its just the rest of that damage im worried about im gonna rip it apart this weekend.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    13.7?? lol, his car must not be running 100%..maybe on like 6cylinders,lol...a lt1 with just a intake can run a 13.7...a cai, full exhaust, geared, and tuned lt1 is a low 13 sec car all day long
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Most lt1s i know about have more than an intake and dont hit 13.7s most are 14.0-14.4s, i ahve quite a few friends with lt1 camaros most are about the same mods as him, we all have the a friend who tunes our cars and most of them have headers and exhaust and he beats them some runs and they beat him some runs and beat all of them i run a 13 flat so i dont think they are low 13s cause i win by atleast 6-7 cars.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 06-18-2007 at 12:21 PM.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Racing your car on the street isn't the smartest thing to do, i rarely do it. But racing it while your stoned is just plain stupid. I don't have a problem with pot, used to smoke it everyday in my younger days but racing while high and endagering other people isn't the best thing to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Most lt1s i know about have more than an intake and dont hit 13.7s most are 14.0-14.4s, i ahve quite a few friends with lt1 camaros most are about the same mods as him, we all have the a friend who tunes our cars and most of them have headers and exhaust and he beats them some runs and they beat him some runs and beat all of them i run a 13 flat so i dont think they are low 13s cause i win by atleast 6-7 cars.
    like i said must not be running right because i know someone personally on another forum that ran a 13.7 bone stock with his lt1...im talkin paper air filter and street tires

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ive never heard of that before hes on a forum how do you know he isnt tellign a tall tale. I have 5 friedns who ahve lt1 cars and we go to the track together only 1 runs 13s the rest just have some bolt ons and run low 14s, thats just my experience.

But there all faster than me at the moment lol.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

If you have a factory warranty your screwed unless you return it to stock before bringing it to them. They won't cover a modded car. If its a non factory warranty they also won't cover it but that's not to say the shop you take it to has to tell them it is.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    If you have a factory warranty your screwed unless you return it to stock before bringing it to them. They won't cover a modded car. If its a non factory warranty they also won't cover it but that's not to say the shop you take it to has to tell them it is.
    Depends on the mods.
    Longtubes won't void powertrain warrenty unless they can prove they caused the problem.

But...there shouldn't be any 4th gens with a current factory warrenty. Maybe something GM sells though.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

yeah i have an extended warrenty through the dealership i bought it through and they cant complain about my mods cause the only thing i have dont to the car is SFCs i got the car from them with the headers and exhaust. Its a 3 year 40,000miles and i got the car about 4 months ago

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Ive been around these cars for long time and I will tell you that a stock LT1 M6 is capable of mid 13's so a 13.7 is not out of the question but just like an LS1 car driver skill means everything.

I've had a broken pushrod on 2 occasions the first time the ECU went into limp mode and the SES light was flashing the second time it just made noise but drove normally. Hope it all works out for you.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Ive never heard of that before hes on a forum how do you know he isnt tellign a tall tale. I have 5 friedns who ahve lt1 cars and we go to the track together only 1 runs 13s the rest just have some bolt ons and run low 14s, thats just my experience.

But there all faster than me at the moment lol.
    how high of elevation are you at??? stock lt1's are good for high 13's...on average there 14 flat-14.2...thats stock...they respond good to mods as well, not like a ls1 but they still do...and he's a veeery respectable person on the forum, he has got over 10k posts...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I do think that the LT1 can run low 13s with just intake and tires. And some LS1 cars can hit 12s bone stock. The fastest LS1 you can get is a Camaro Z28/Firebird Automatic manuel windows, 16 inch stock rims, stock hoods are lighter then the SS hoods, and a few other options that makes the car lighter plus with the A4. I seen some down here like that hit high 12s bone stock.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I do think that the LT1 can run low 13s with just intake and tires. And some LS1 cars can hit 12s bone stock. The fastest LS1 you can get is a Camaro Z28/Firebird Automatic manuel windows, 16 inch stock rims, stock hoods are lighter then the SS hoods, and a few other options that makes the car lighter plus with the A4. I seen some down here like that hit high 12s bone stock.
    SS hoods are lighter because they're fiberglass....Z hoods are steel. IMO the fastest stock 4th gen is a stripper Z with a T-56...especially from a roll (if you count that as racing).

Thread Information